• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Everytime I see that movie I think that's Kevin Willis not Alex P. Keaton lol...I'm a numbers guy and whenever I see a jersey number in a movie I relate it to the Hawks, Lions or Braves depending on if it's bball, football or baseball...

ps You can't stop Yinka you can only hope to contain him. RIP

With my last pick in the draft, i was planning to draft Johnny Kilroy  AKA MotorBoat Jones
4f164e9f65f62_31421b.jpgkillroy.jpg

Who is Johnny Kilroy??

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With something like the 139th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

jrich.jpg

Who shot? J.R.! Due to some unforeseen circumstances down in Miami-Wade County, second-year pro Josh Richardson (SG/PG, Age 22, 6’6”, 200 lbs.) is about to get himself a major jolt in usage rate. Look alive, young fella, look alive!

On Josh Richardson’s most recent team, the top player from its Class of 2015 was supposed to be Justise Winslow, and it will be a bit of a disappointment if that doesn’t eventually become true, given the team literally backed into the lottery to have Winslow fall into their laps.

But when his team’s backcourt depth got deleted by injuries and a dash of psycho-drama, the door suddenly creaked for the second-rounder out of Tennessee. And, wow, did Richardson ever Volunteer to kick that door wide open.

Shuffled into the regular-season rotation after the All-Star Break, J-Rich ver. 2.0 hit 48 of his 90 three-point attempts (53.3 3FG%) while getting just under one steal per game, earning Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month honors in March.

Only three other NBA rooks (Tony Delk in 1996-97; Walter “Bobcat Fabio” Herrmann in 2006-07; Active Bench Guy in 2008-09) have ever been granted at least 100 three-point attempts since 1979-80 and shot better than 45.0 3FG% (Richardson shot 46.1 3FG%). And this was after he spent the first half of the season shuttling back-and-forth from the D-League.

His 58.9 March 3FG% was pure Madness. That was the second-highest shooting percentage from beyond the arc for a calendar month (min. 50 attempts) in league history. Richardson’s opponents found it hard to keep up. Players guarded by him shot 4.8 percentage points worse than their collective average over the course of the season.

It’s always tough to follow-up for the team’s iconic star, but the rookie’s versatility as a point guard defender or a small-ball small forward granted him major minutes (27.6 per game, 2.2 more than Winslow) during his team’s return to the postseason.

He struggled as a shooter once the playoffs began, but his unbridled athleticism was on full display. Witness J-Rich going Above and Biyombo during the Eastern Conference semifinals, in one of the best dunks of the postseason, for Exhibit A. A Josh that can throw it down AND hit open shots? Where they do that at?

One might think that the Obsession was cultivating a Pterodactyl Farm rather than a basketball team, and here comes that W word yet again. Richardson’s 6-foot-10 wingspan is tremendous for the shooting guard position. On the floor with any of Kris Dunn (6-foot-9.5), Brandon Ingram (7-foot-3), Kent Bazemore (6-foot-11.5), DeMarre Carroll (6-foot-10), Kristaps Porzingis (7-foot-6), Robin Lopez (7-foot-4?) and Jonas Valanciunas (7-foot-6), the Obsession could handle Rhode Island by themselves the next time Hands Across America convenes.

To help keep the long-limbed Obsession from becoming a Wandering Albatross around its GM’s neck, Richardson has to resist succumbing to pressures inherent in being, first, a sophomore NBA baller with perhaps outsized expectations and, second, a young player entrusted to follow in the footsteps of a departed living legend.

Defensively, Richardson must continue to strengthen his frame and improve his footwork to keep from getting eaten up on screens. He’ll have to play the ball better, keep assignments in front of him, and cut down on cheap fouls.

Offensively, Richardson essentially has two moves: the spot-up perimeter jumper, and the put-your-head-down burrowing drive in search of the hoop-and-harm. He’ll have to add to his arsenal and become a more proficient passer to see added playing time in Lethalopolis.

But on a squad brimming with bigger names drawing defenders' attentions, he’ll benefit instantly from the open looks Chris Paul is known to create, whether they’re around the perimeter or above the rim. When it comes to All-Star Weekends, for now, keep an eye out for Richardson on Saturday Nights.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram; Joshua Micheal Richardson

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LeEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis; Vet Min

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

For now, we got @ATLHawks3 up next on the docket!

~lw3

• Like 2

Sorry guys. I've been real busy as of late with moving into college that I just haven't had the time to get on the site. To keep things rolling, I'm going to select Ed Davis with my next selection. @Spud2Nique is on the clock.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Gonna not hold the picks up this time.

Taking Elfrid Payton to be my backup PG. Think the kid could grow to be something special one day. Hopefully he pans out this year and becomes a better offensive threat.

@lethalweapon3 is up next

I thought hard about him and then looked at the shooting %s and couldn't do it. If he gets his shot in order, he will be a steal at this point in the draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I always say people look at the name "Ed Davis" and think, "he's gotta be like 34 years old." He just turned 27! And he's very efficient.

That his dad (Terry) hung up his NBA jersey just ten years before he put one on probably doesn't help.

~lw3 

• Like 1

With the 141st pick in the Squawk Dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

Tony Parker

Hard to believe a top 3 team in the NBA still had a starter available in this draft. Entering the league at 19 years old, this Frenchman has done nothing but grow and win on a very consistent level. Our starter, Dennis Schröder patterned his game after Tony, so why not let him learn a little more from Monsieur Tony (in the words of lw3). Averaging 12 points per as well as 5 and a half dimes, shooting 50%fg 76%ft and 42% from distance, he seems like the complete package for us, both as a back and a mentor to Dennis. With Draymond, Jimmy Buckets and now Tony, we have 3 of the top 25 players in the NBA in assists on the Spudsters. Welcome Tony we we Parker! 

@Diesel is up next!!!

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 141st pick in the Squawk Dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

Tony Parker

Hard to believe a top 3 team in the NBA still had a starter available in this draft. Entering the league at 19 years old, this Frenchman has done nothing but grow and win on a very consistent level. Our starter, Dennis Schröder patterned his game after Tony, so why not let him learn a little more from Monsieur Tony (in the words of lw3). Averaging 12 points per as well as 5 and a half dimes, shooting 50%fg 76%ft and 42% from distance, he seems like the complete package for us, both as a back and a mentor to Dennis. With Draymond, Jimmy Buckets and now Tony, we have 3 of the top 25 players in the NBA in assists on the Spudsters. Welcome Tony we we Parker! 

@Diesel is up next!!!

image.jpeg

I was wondering how long it would be before someone took Tony. Perfect match, Tony goes to a team whose owner's first name is after another PG in Spud! He really would be a great mentor for Dennis. Nice pick!

Edited by Buzzard

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I was wondering how long it would be before someone took Tony. Perfect match, Tony goes to a team whose owner's first name is after another PG in Spud! He really would b a great mentor for Dennis. Nice pick!

I was hoping he'd keep slipping till about round 10 but what do I know. I wanted to snag him as a 3rd point

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I was hoping he'd keep slipping till about round 10 but what do I know. I wanted to snag him as a 3rd point

I was not feeling that much of a slip for a starting PG with Tony's resume. But we all have our dreams :biggrin:

Edited by Buzzard

While @Diesel is deciding on his player I decided to ride on his team ...actually he kinda rode on mine...:-X 

Whats up with KLove teabaggin my newly acquired Frenchman wtf lol...I think Doris Burke was asking Tony that very question in the post game interview....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Did I get KCP back? Lol

He's on your inactives. He was always on your roster just not on the active 15. I believe I fixed it, but the rotations might be a little funny so he could still not be on the final 13. But I swear he's on their. I checked twice. If you wanna fix it go to "Options" on the bottom of the 2k main menu. Scroll down to "Roster" and then all the way over to "Edit Roster". It'll pull up a menu of all the rosters you've saved. Click on the one you named for mine. Go to your team "CHI" hit R2 till you get to rotations and insert him into the main 13 guys on ur squad. Don't forget to save!