• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

We need to address two needs with this pick and think we have the perfect player in mind. We are short in height at the two guard and need a little 3 point stretch added to our shooting battery. At 6'8" tall we think this young man will take care of those items just fine. Now the down and dirty:

Over the last three months of the 2016 NBA season Bojan shot better than 40% from three and averaged over 14.0 PPG. We really think he is going to come into his own this being his 3rd year in the league and can see him playing both the SG and SF positions for our second unit.

Currently in the Olympics, Bojan Bogdanovic is becoming somewhat of an international star; having lead Croatia to the biggest Olympic upset so far this year with their victory over Spain. He is averaging 27 PPG and is clearly the best player on Croatia’s Cinderella Olympic Team. Without any further a due, the Buzzards welcome Bojan Bogdanovic to the Flock.

Bojan Bogdanovic #44 of the Brooklyn Nets in action against the Atlanta Hawks during game four in the first round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs at Barclays Center on April 27, 2015 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. The Nets defeated the Hawks 120-115.

P.S. He was born April 18th, the same day as our owner! This just had to happen, it was in the cards.

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock!

• Like 2

• Moderators

5 more rounds to go (after H.H.F.'s next pick)! That means there's 5 more opportunities for the following Squawk GMs to nab a Coach:

• AHF
  • Alex
  • Buzzard
  • Diesel
  • h4wkfan
  • HopefulHawksFan
  • lethalweapon3
  • LucastheThird
  • pimp
  • PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Spud2Nique
  • TheFuzz

~lw3

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

5 more rounds to go (after H.H.F.'s next pick)! That means there's 5 more opportunities for the following Squawk GMs to nab a Coach:

• AHF
  • Alex
  • Buzzard
  • Diesel
  • h4wkfan
  • HopefulHawksFan
  • lethalweapon3
  • LucastheThird
  • pimp
  • PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Spud2Nique
  • TheFuzz

~lw3

I am curious, was Bojan on your predictable list?

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

He's on your inactives. He was always on your roster just not on the active 15. I believe I fixed it, but the rotations might be a little funny so he could still not be on the final 13. But I swear he's on their. I checked twice. If you wanna fix it go to "Options" on the bottom of the 2k main menu. Scroll down to "Roster" and then all the way over to "Edit Roster". It'll pull up a menu of all the rosters you've saved. Click on the one you named for mine. Go to your team "CHI" hit R2 till you get to rotations and insert him into the main 13 guys on ur squad. Don't forget to save! 

Thanks a lot man. No need to fix it, this time he was already on my roster. But now I'll know what to do if he or anyone else goes missing from my team. Thanks!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I am curious, was Bojan on your predictable list?

Yeah, kinda, but BoBo was way down on my Big Board. #299 on the stats list, but bumped up to the 230's on my ultimate P.O.S. list... I had him in my "13th Round, But Probably He's Long Gone By Then, Which is Fine By Me" cluster.

His overall shooting (something my team needs) was no worse, and in some cases better, than the cats I am currently eyeing. His plus/minus (because Nyets) and low assist/steal/block numbers had him down on my list relative to his peers. But just wait 'til coach ((REDACTED!)) gets time to work on him. His game is still on its way up!

The Bogdanovic I actually had higher at one point was ((REDACTED!)) (No relation? Huh! Didn't realize that...). But then ((REDACTED!)) didn't come over to play next season.

~lw3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Yeah, kinda, but BoBo was way down on my Big Board. #299 on the stats list, but bumped up to the 230's on my ultimate P.O.S. list... I had him in my "13th Round, But Probably He's Long Gone By Then, Which is Fine By Me" cluster.

His overall shooting (something my team needs) was no worse, and in some cases better, than the cats I am currently eyeing. His plus/minus (because Nyets) and low assist/steal/block numbers had him down on my list relative to his peers. But just wait 'til coach ((REDACTED!)) gets time to work on him. His game is still on its way up!

The Bogdanovic I actually had higher at one point was ((UWE BLAB!)) (No relation? Huh! Didn't realize that...). But then ((UWE BLAB!)) didn't come over to play next season.

~lw3

I kind of figured not many had him on their radar and almost passed him up until my next pick thinking he would still be there. I liked my write up on him so I took him anyway. He could be a poor mans Kyle Korver and quite possibly the 2nd best offensive weapon on that Nets team; which would be fine by me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I kind of figured not many had him on their radar and almost passed him up until my next pick thinking he would still be there. I liked my write up on him so I took him anyway. He could be a poor mans Kyle Korver and quite possibly the 2nd best offensive weapon on that Nets team; which would be fine by me.

On that note, the Nyets have now doubled their Dynasty Draftee total!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So everybody has 4 picks left correct? Meaning 4 rounds left? Will pick #208 by hopefulhawksfan be the last pick in the draft?

Everyone has 4 picks except hopeful who has 5 but pick 208 will be the least in the draft!  :sorry:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Everyone has 4 picks except hopeful who has 5 but pick 208 will be the least in the draft!  :sorry:

Is that right? 14 picks (13 players plus one coach, as per Rule 5) suggests we all got at least 5 picks left, plus Pick 224 would be the final pick. 

~lw3

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Is that right? 14 picks (13 players plus one coach, as per Rule 5) suggests we all got at least 5 picks left, plus Pick 224 would be the final pick. 

~lw3

Ya I think that's why I was confused. You had said 5 picks in a previous post whereas AHF had 4 remaining and ending with pick 208.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

I didn't count.  Just checked Hopeful and saw there were 5 left through 208.  My bad.  16*14 = 224

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn't count.  Just checked Hopeful and saw there were 5 left through 208.  My bad.  16*14 = 224

My #221 pick thanks you!

Just now, AHF said:

For reference, I've put the complete set of picks in the summary thread.

Oh that is so helpful. Thanks! Makes it a lot easier!

• Moderators

Clock Watch! We can be Hopeful that H.H.F. (last here yesterday morning) graces us with her presence this afternoon. But just in case, her Draft Clock (8+2 since she picks back-to-back) expires at 6:11 PM Eastern. So keep those draft pick plans lined up, @Buzzard, @Diesel, @Spud2Nique, and @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Clock Watch! We can be Hopeful that H.H.F. (last here yesterday morning) graces us with her presence this afternoon. But just in case, her Draft Clock (8+2 since she picks back-to-back) expires at 6:11 PM Eastern. So keep those draft pick plans lined up, @Buzzard, @Diesel, @Spud2Nique, and @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

I've got two in my pocket lined up. Hopefully Hopeful will not take both! If so, it may take me about an hour to make up my mind. There are still a lot of choices out there.

• Like 1