• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I've got two in my pocket lined up. Hopefully Hopeful will not take both! If so, it may take me about an hour to make up my mind. There are still a lot of choices out there.

In the great words of Lucas..."I'll be ready."

6 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Clock Watch! We can be Hopeful that H.H.F. (last here yesterday morning) graces us with her presence this afternoon. But just in case, her Draft Clock (8+2 since she picks back-to-back) expires at 6:11 PM Eastern. So keep those draft pick plans lined up, @Buzzard, @Diesel, @Spud2Nique, and @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

OK, According to this its my turn. I will be posting my next pick in a few!

The next player we are adding to our team comes with his share of baggage; which makes sense when you see him being taken this late. He has had back issues dating back to his college days, on going weight issues still being reported as recently as last season, and a tendency to take a poor two point jump shot. But no one questions his defense, heart, and hustle.

This young man brings to the table an interior toughness that is hard to find in today’s finesse NBA game. His career per 36 is 16.0ppg, 11.1rpg, and .9bpg. His 2pt average is almost respectable at .477 but the Josh Smith I am a great long range jump shooter syndrome does need to be coached out of him. His career 3pt average is a paltry .275!

He is only 24 years old and we love his ability to guard both Centers and Power Forwards; so its a done deal. With the 146th pick in the Dynasty Draft, the Flocking Buzzards select PF/C Jared Sullinger.

Get that weak ass shit out of here Mr. Love!

Kevin Love #0 of the Cleveland Cavaliers is fouled by Jared Sullinger #7 of the Boston Celtics during the first quarter of their game in the first round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs at TD Garden on April 23, 2015 in Boston, Massachusetts.

@Diesel is on the clock!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Super pick! Sully's been drinking milk... and eating less cheese... and getting stronger!

Did you notice, when he turns sideways now, he gets invisible???

CoLlQdKVIAECQwD.jpg

http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/7/25/12277524/jared-sullinger-is-apparently-already-on-the-lowry-workout-plan

~lw3

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

One Mr. Robot episode, and now I can't avoid ALF Anywhere! lol

~lw3

Alf is the coolest! I had two golf head covers of his likeness and lost them in a move.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Super pick! Sully's been drinking milk... and eating less cheese... and getting stronger!

Did you notice, when he turns sideways now, he gets invisible???

CoLlQdKVIAECQwD.jpg

http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/7/25/12277524/jared-sullinger-is-apparently-already-on-the-lowry-workout-plan

~lw3

Thank you Sir! Sully is on a one year deal and reports are he will be starting at power forward and playing a little backup center for the Raps. If his back is 100% good to go, he could help the Raptors out a lot in the playoffs with his toughness. He could also help himself to a monster contract next season too!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

With the next pick in the draft, the Atlanta GanstaSlappas select:

ALEX LEN

alex-len-nba-phoenix-suns-media-day-850x

At 7'1" 260 and only 23, this may be Alex's year to break out.   Last year, he was a 9 and 8 guy but we look for more minutes and better play. 

@Spud2Nique is on the clock.

• Like 3

With the 148th pick in the 2016 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

ANDREW BOGUT

The first overall pick in the NBA draft in 2005, this 7 foot 260 pound Aussie big man might be one of the most underrated passing big men and interior defenders in the NBA. We are very happy that he lasted this long in the draft and thought that he would be a perfect fit for our team, specially as our team lacked a big defensive anchor and presence in the paint. (As evident in a lot of games on 2k vs other squawk teams). 

Bogut's stats aren't very impressive if you are only looking at stats as he averages roughly 6 pts, 7 boards, a couple of assists and a block and a half over the last few years. However, he has been relatively healthy in the last three years playing 67,67, and 70 games respectively. Also over the past 2 seasons he has shot .563 and .627 FG% which is off the charts. His resume also includes being on the 2006 all rookie team, the 2011 NBA blocks leader, the 2015 all NBA defensive 2nd team as well as an NBA champion in 2015. With all that, he is still only 31 years old and is starting to age like some fine wine when for a while he looked like he might be injury struck forever. Welcome ya Aussie bloke!!!

PG- Dennis Schröder/Tony Parker

SG- Devin Booker/KCP

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson

PF- Draymond Green/Gorgui Dieng

C- Andrew Bogut/Tristan Thompson 

ps We already advised our team to give Andrew a few high 5's and don't leave him hangin...:-|

@ATLHawks3 about to light it up next!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.gif

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

ANDREW BOGUT

The first overall pick in the NBA draft in 2005, this 7 foot 260 pound Aussie big man might be one of the most underrated passing big men and interior defenders in the NBA. We are very happy that he lasted this long in the draft and thought that he would be a perfect fit for our team, specially as our team lacked a big defensive anchor and presence in the paint. (As evident in a lot of games on 2k vs other squawk teams). 

Bogut's stats aren't very impressive if you are only looking at stats as he averages roughly 6 pts, 7 boards, a couple of assists and a block and a half over the last few years. However, he has been relatively healthy in the last three years playing 67,67, and 70 games respectively. Also over the past 2 seasons he has shot .563 and .627 FG% which is off the charts. His resume also includes being on the 2006 all rookie team, the 2011 NBA blocks leader, the 2015 all NBA defensive 2nd team as well as an NBA champion in 2015. With all that, he is still only 31 years old and is starting to age like some fine wine when for a while he looked like he might be injury struck forever. Welcome ya Aussie bloke!!!

SG- Devin Booker/KCP

ps We already advised our team to give Andrew a few high 5's and don't leave him hangin...:-|

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.gif

That's actually not a bad roster on paper. Only thing missing is a big-man who can score consistently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

ANDREW BOGUT

SG- Devin Booker/KCP

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.gif

With two tall bigs on my roster in Monroe and Embiid I thought I needed more of a hybrid, PF/C so Sully was my choice. Bogut and Len were both on my short list of available bigs and this late Bogut is a solid choice!

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

That's actually not a bad roster on paper. Only thing missing is a big-man who can score consistently 

Thanks man! Bogut might not be able to score consistently but I'll tell ya, for a big man, he moves on cats feet. :-)

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With two tall bigs on my roster in Monroe and Embiid I thought I needed more of a hybrid, PF/C so Sully was my choice. Bogut and Len were both on my short list of available bigs and this late Bogut is a solid choice!

Ya 2 things I like about Sully. One was the weight loss, I had no idea. He prolly looks skinnier than he did in 8th grade lol. Also, I didn't know he would be a starter, I thought bench player.

Oh, I also might see the movie they made about him, I'm surprised to see Tom Hanks playing him though.

image.jpeg

Edited by Spud2Nique