• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya 2 things I like about Sully. One was the weight loss, I had no idea. He prolly looks skinnier than he did in 8th grade lol. Also, I didn't know he would be a starter, I thought bench player.

I think LW3 and I read some of the same articles. Weight loss I knew about, starting I knew about, but the back issues are always going to be in the background. I read some Celtic info and some are doubting his ability to physically hold up for a 82 game season. We will see and he was worth the risk for me.

I am hoping Sully turns out to be another loss for the Ainge and the Celtics to go along with his lack of swinging a blockbuster deal for his ten thousand 1st round picks!

Edited by Buzzard

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

He's a timid player which is why he wasn't on my big board, but with Draymond and TT on your roster it evens out. 

tim·id
ˈtimid/
adjective
  1. showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.

Edited by Spud2Nique

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

He's a timid player which is why he wasn't on my big board, but with Draymond and TT on your roster it evens out. 

He might not be a great scorer but I'm not sure I agree that Bogut is "timid". 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I second that. Him and Draymond were their rim protectors.

I would say that Horford seems to be a timid guy on the court. But for a guy like Bogut, who sets some of the best, dirtiest lol screens in the game and rebounds, defends and blocks shots, it's hard to be timid and do all that.

A big man shooting outside jumpers and afraid of contact like Alice could be called timid.

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I 100% think he's timid. That's why he's so passive he could easily IMO be a 10/10 guy. I mean don't get me wrong he's a good defender, but he isn't by any means IMO a physical player like Adams,TT,Gortat,etc. 

Wow 100% huh? I guess we can agree to disagree, at least on the term "timid". Because if Bogut is timid I honestly don't know if we can find a word in the English dictionary to describe Alicia Whoreford. Lol

25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow 100% huh? I guess we can agree to disagree, at least on the term "timid". Because if Bogut is timid I honestly don't know if we can find a word in the English dictionary to describe Alicia Whoreford. Lol

Al isnt timid. Al is phlegmatic or content. We all know he could offer much more but he won't push himself to that limit. Same with Teague

54 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I 100% think he's timid. That's why he's so passive he could easily IMO be a 10/10 guy. I mean don't get me wrong he's a good defender, but he isn't by any means IMO a physical player like Adams,TT,Gortat,etc. 

I am not sure you realize how Bogut was used and also how limited his minutes were. His combined averages for the last two seasons is less than 5 touches per game. If he shot a 100% from the field he would have averaged 10.6 ppg and 8.0 ppg the last two seasons. He also only averaged a little over 20 mpg these past two seasons.

Blaming him for GSWs offensive schemes is a little over the top. I am not sure he will get many more minutes in Dallas. Maybe 25 to 30; but I would hazard a guess he gets a few more touches.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am not sure you realize how Bogut was used and also how limited his minutes were. His combined averages for the last two seasons is less than 5 touches per game. If he shot a 100% from the field he would have averaged 10.6 ppg and 8.0 ppg the last two seasons. He also only averaged a little over 20 mpg these past two seasons.

Blaming him for GSWs offensive schemes is a little over the top. I am not sure he will get many more minutes in Dallas. Maybe 25 to 30; but I would hazard a guess he gets a few more touches.

I think he could still be the guy he was in Milwaukee given the opportunity but that's also just my opinion

53 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I think he could still be the guy he was in Milwaukee given the opportunity but that's also just my opinion

I actually like the kind of player he is today more than what he was as a Buck. I just feel like his game has matured, he doesn't force shots as much. This could also come from the fact that the Bucks NEEDED his offensive production much much more than the Warriors did. 

OT (kind of) Many experts think the Mavs aren't going to be a playoff team but I think they could surprise some people and be a top 5 West team.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Al isnt timid. Al is phlegmatic or content. We all know he could offer much more but he won't push himself to that limit. Same with Teague

Hmmmm....

13 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Still a lot of coaches left to be chosen

There is 27 out of 30 still left and I think all 30 could coach Bron and company at least to the NBA Finals these past two seasons.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

If you think Al is timid then I suggest you watch any game where he turns it on. When he wants to play he is a legit all star, but that's only about 35% of the time. 

May 10th 2012 game 6 vs Boston is the last time I remember Alice being very angry and aggressive. Unfortunately it was the game that they eliminated us but I remember Rondo doing something and pissing off Al towards the end of the game and he gave a very aggressive 4th quarter for us. 

That may have been one of the last times when he played really aggressive in my mind.

Also, I watch every game every season lol.

Looking at my team, I am getting psyched after taking Sully. When the first six rounds had passed, I saw my front line as easily my biggest weakness. Now with the additions of Embiid and Sully, I can see them as potentially my biggest strength. Its a long season and the start is still quite away off but I am going to pat myself on the back for the furious turn around I did with my front line!

Go Buzzards!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

With the next pick in the draft, the Atlanta GanstaSlappas select:

ALEX LEN

alex-len-nba-phoenix-suns-media-day-850x

At 7'1" 260 and only 23, this may be Alex's year to break out.   Last year, he was a 9 and 8 guy but we look for more minutes and better play. 

@Spud2Nique is on the clock.

This could end up being a underrated pick. I was thinking taking him in  my last couple of picks.
He putt up double doubles whenever he got good minutes.

• Like 1