• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

28 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Looking at my team, I am getting psyched after taking Sully. When the first six rounds had passed, I saw my front line as easily my biggest weakness. Now with the additions of Embiid and Sully, I can see them as potentially my biggest strength. Its a long season and the start is still quite away off but I am going to pat myself on the back for the furious turn around I did with my front line!

Go Buzzards!

I think it might be time to take on your team in 2k! :-) 

• Moderators

With roughly the 150th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

marvin-williams-728x400.jpg

What’s this? Drafting Marvin Williams (PF/SF, Age 30, 6’9”, 237 lbs.) AFTER Chris Paul? What a novel concept!

We’re feeling quite ducky about this pick in this round. After many down years to start his career, he’s finally become all he’s quacked up to be.

What a perfect situation for Marvin Williams to fall into, coming off a career-year (contract-year?) of a regular season. The #2 rookie pick from the 2005 Draft joins forces with the #4 pick from the same draft. As a youngster, Williams was much-maligned for not living up to the promise expected of #2 overall picks, particularly given that one former All-Star point guard and one certain future Hall of Fame point guard was selected after him.

Well, he has certainly persevered. The top four picks from that draft, now 11 years ago, are the only four that are virtual locks to get starter’s minutes when the curtain opens on the 2016-17 season. The second-overall picks from 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 can’t say the same; the jury’s out on a couple more that are active in the league. 2016’s #2 overall pick, rookie wing Brandon Ingram, has a fairly good benchmark in Williams to follow.

Marvin’s 40.2 3FG% placed him 15th in the league last season (4th among everyday forwards/centers), elevating his eFG% to a career-best 55.4% (15th; career-high 50.4 2FG%) while shooting 83.3 FT%, his best mark in five seasons.

He has long been a player that treats the ball like a hot-potato but doesn’t turn it over much. His 7.1 TO% was sixth-lowest in the league in 2015-16, while his 9.7 career TO% ranks 6th-lowest among active hoopers and 25th-lowest all-time.

Small forwards and shooting guards were defensively switched onto him on occasion, and he made them pay last season by producing 1.16 points per possession on post-up plays, trailing only the Durantula for the second-best average in the league. Altogether, his 117.9 offensive rating ranked 14th in the league and just behind Obsession teammates Jonas Valanciunas (8th) and Paul (10th).

Those peak offensive efficiencies bring balance to a player regarded as useful primarily as a top-flight perimeter defender. Making use of his (dare we mention?) wingspan of 7-foot-3.5-inches, and an ample, umm, base to contend with bigger posts in the paint, Williams also brought to the table career-bests in blocked shots and defensive rebounds. On a team that lost its top wing defender to an injury in the preseason, Williams’ role in ably defending 3s and 4s was invaluable for his team reaching the postseason party.

Ah, yes, that postseason, though. Williams wilted once the playoffs arrived, shooting a desthpicable 23.5 2FG% and 35.3 3FG% while averaging just 5.1 PPG as a starter in his first taste of playoff action since 2012. Barring injury, he won’t be needed to start on the Obsession at playoff time. But he must offer greater offensive production in spot duty when it really counts.

Marvin has played primarily at power forward for each of the last three seasons, but on this roster he will come off the bench not only to spell Kristaps Porzingis, but also as a small forward. While he has grown accustomed to a small-ball four role, his perimeter archery and spacing from the baselines will come in handy when the Obsession chooses to play big with any of Porzingis, Valanciunas or Robin Lopez holding down the PF/C spots. Having a reliable veteran shooter under contract will also be useful as Porzingis continues to hone his mechanics.

In Marvin Williams, we have a smart, free-spirited veteran player who, as he enters his 30s, is finally finding his comfort zone in the league. From now on, whenever Chris Paul’s shadow hovers over him, that’s going to be a good thing for everybody.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram; Joshua Micheal Richardson

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LeEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis; Marvin Gaye Williams, Jr.

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

Without further ado, let’s keep the sundial moving for @LucastheThird!

~lw3

• Like 4

No need for a sundial my good sir@lethalweapon3. My pick has been ready to go for a few hours now.

In order to sure up my bench wings (since I hurriedly picked Stephenson who might not have a NBA contract this year) I'll be selecting Dion Waiters. He'll most likely be starting in Miami now that Wade left to Chicago, and he'll be putting up numbers that I'm sure of.@TheFuzz is up next.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@Buzzard you were ranked 14th, I was 9th...we played on ur home floor. I had to fight like a dirty dog in the street to get the W. The 1st and 2nd quarters were close, I was up by 1 at the half...I went up by as many as 24 in the 3rd quarter and outscored you 30-17 in the quarter. In the 4th, you made a furious comeback and trailed by as few as 6 points.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

May 10th 2012 game 6 vs Boston is the last time I remember Alice being very angry and aggressive. Unfortunately it was the game that they eliminated us but I remember Rondo doing something and pissing off Al towards the end of the game and he gave a very aggressive 4th quarter for us. 

That may have been one of the last times when he played really aggressive in my mind.

Also, I watch every game every season lol.

I can think of at least 5 in the past 2 seasons...

Game 3 of ECF's 2015

Game 3 of Round 2 vs Cleveland 2016

Triple Double Game vs 76ers 2015

Comeback game vs Houston (He had 30)

Game 5 vs Washington in Round 2 2015

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I can think of at least 5 in the past 2 seasons...

Game 3 of ECF's 2015

Game 3 of Round 2 vs Cleveland 2016

Triple Double Game vs 76ers 2015

Comeback game vs Houston (He had 30)

Game 5 vs Washington in Round 2 2015

This I know can't be true. Alice was aggressive in any games in our 2016 post season. And we are talking AGGRESSIVE, not had a good game or a good stat line by shooting from the outside. We are talking pure, unadulterated aggression. No way did he have that in ANY game vs the Cavs last year.

On August 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM, TheFuzz said:

Deepest apologies, I'll need to bow out for another week, I'm running all over the place right now. I can either pick from scraps afterwords, or someone can replace me.

I suck, shame on my family.

We needed a GM to fill in, it hasn't been a week, He isn't back yet. We should have kept it movin yesterday.

9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I am sincerely sorry you guys for holding this draft up. College eats up a lot of your time. With that being said the Atlanta Attack selects...... Zach Randolph. @lethalweapon3 is on the clock,

I like Zbo. No above the rim game so it doesn't really matter that he is getting older. Great low post game and an automatic double double in most games. Good pick, I was down to him and Bogut.

50 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This I know can't be true. Alice was aggressive in any games in our 2016 post season. And we are talking AGGRESSIVE, not had a good game or a good stat line by shooting from the outside. We are talking pure, unadulterated aggression. No way did he have that in ANY game vs the Cavs last year.

Al had that fire in that game. I promise you. I was there. 

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Al had that fire in that game. I promise you. I was there. 

He had 1 rebound. Kevin Love had 15, Lebron and Tristan had 13. Alice had 1 freakin rebound in the game. There is no way, no way you can say a frontcourt player, who is our starting center "brought the fire" by getting 1 rebound in a playoff game AT HOME...and we lose by 13 points. 

2 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I am sincerely sorry you guys for holding this draft up. College eats up a lot of your time. With that being said the Atlanta Attack selects...... Zach Randolph. @lethalweapon3 is on the clock,

Well, you could have held it up a litle longer , because i was gonna take  Z-bo  :banghead:
Now i have to figure out what to do next..

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lady Squawkers select:

Jusuf Nurkic: C, 7'-0" (I hope he hasn't been picked)

@AHF is on the clock.

As I always say...sometimes in life you gotta Nurkic yourself a good one!

• Moderators

Based on the CBS fantasy keeper rankings, @TheFuzz selects:

Chris Bosh

&

Marcus Morris

The Fuzz Bunnies say that they are adding some skilled perimeter power to their roster and are willing to assume some risk with Bosh.  

Their GM is quoted as saying:

"Bosh is a star who has been an absolute bear.  So what if his body has suffered some wear?  The Fuzz will take a shot on who he was, a top 25 he could be if he comes back injury free."

• Like 1

• Moderators
Based on the CBS fantasy keeper rankings, @TheFuzz selects:

Chris Bosh

&

Marcus Morris

The Fuzz Bunnies say that they are adding some skilled perimeter power to their roster and are willing to assume some risk with Bosh.  

Their GM is quoted as saying:

"Bosh is a star who has been an absolute bear.  So what if his body has suffered some wear?  The Fuzz will take a shot on who he was, a top 25 he could be if he comes back injury free."

I was wondering if anybody was gonna draft Bosh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Ashley is used to an occasional gamble and checking out the young thoroughbreds.  

rx9hyura2qjq9xyj.jpg

With our starter set at SF for the next decade or so, we can afford to gamble on a young man who could become an impact player in the future.  Grabbing the #4 pick last year on a flyer turned out pretty well so we'll try again with the #3 pick from this year's draft.

With the 154th pick in the draft, the U-Niques select:

Jaylen Brown

1VxQz.So.79.jpeg

Brown is a wing with fantastic athleticism, a 7 foot wingspan, intensity and the aggression to take the ball to the rim.  There are two additional nice things for us.  First, he was a Wildcat in high school so he has that going for him.  Second, if he fails it will mean bad news for the Celtics in the real NBA so it is kind of a win/win scenario.

Welcome to the U-Niques, Jaylen!

@pimp is on the clock

• Like 2