• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm guessing the 25th or 26th. I hope @ViewsFromTheSquawk can hang on a few extra days...I'm not a hands on evil genius lol..I might struggle updating 2k rosters..

Yea , he can hang on for another day or two. After all Madden is just the same game every year with just an updated roster and a few new animations.  And that's probaly all it will ever be, as
long they are allowed to be a monopoly. 
Think about how much better 2k is than NBA Live. If Nfl 2k  was still allowed to have a NFL license , the competition would force Madden to make a better product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pimp said:

Yea , he can hang on for another day or two. After all Madden is just the same game every year with just an updated roster and a few new animations.  And that's probaly all it will ever be, as
long they are allowed to be a monopoly. 
Think about how much better 2k is than NBA Live. If Nfl 2k  was still allowed to have a NFL license , the competition would force Madden to make a better product.

#ItsMaddenSeason

With the 180th pick in the squawk dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

Mario Hezonja SG/SF

At 6'8" 220 pounds this Croatian sensation has all the physical tools to become one of the greats, even the confidence, perhaps a bit too much there, almost borderline cocky. But you would be too if you were playing ball in Europe since you were 16 years old and people kept comparing you to the great fellow countryman Drazen "Petrofuel" Petrovic RIP.  Even though the Spudsters GM Spud grew up a Hawks fan, he always admired other players around the league, and one of his favorites was Petrovic. "If Super Mario becomes half the player Petro was, we got ourselves a great player here."-Spud

Spud also have faith that Billy Donovan will handle this kid's cockiness and turn it into a positive. We haven't decided if he will play SG or SF but we know he can play either which makes us even more versatile. Welcome Super Mario, or Beast!

PG- Dennis Schröder/Tony Parker

SG- D. Booker/KCP/Mario Hez

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson

PF- Draymond Green/Gorgui Dieng

C- Andrew Bogut/ Tristan Thompson 

Head Coach: Billy Donovan 

http://www.nba.com/video/games/hawks/2016/01/18/0021500620-orl-atl-play5.nba/

@ATLHawks3 is ready to draft another vet no doubt ;-)

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 180th pick in the squawk dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

Mario Hezonja SG/SF

At 6'8" 220 pounds this Croatian sensation has all the physical tools to become one of the greats, even the confidence, perhaps a bit too much there, almost borderline cocky. But you would be too if you were playing ball in Europe since you were 16 years old and people kept comparing you to the great fellow countryman Drazen "Petrofuel" Petrovic RIP.  Even though the Spudsters GM Spud grew up a Hawks fan, he always admired other players around the league, and one of his favorites was Petrovic. "If Super Mario becomes half the player Petro was, we got ourselves a great player here."-Spud

Spud also have faith that Billy Donovan will handle this kid's cockiness and turn it into a positive. We haven't decided if he will play SG or SF but we know he can play either which makes us even more versatile. Welcome Super Mario, or Beast!

PG- Dennis Schröder/Tony Parker

SG- D. Booker/KCP/Mario Hez

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson

PF- Draymond Green/Gorgui Dieng

C- Andrew Bogut/ Tristan Thompson 

Head Coach: Billy Donovan 

http://www.nba.com/video/games/hawks/2016/01/18/0021500620-orl-atl-play5.nba/

@ATLHawks3 is ready to draft another vet no doubt ;-)

image.jpeg

Once this kid and their team in general gets some seasoning, Croatia is going to take Spain's place as the toughest out in all of international basketball.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Once this kid and their team in general gets some seasoning, Croatia is going to take Spain's place as the toughest out in all of international basketball.

Ya agreed. They remind me of the early 2000's Argentinian team...lotta talent.

Coaches taken so far:

Gregg Popovich, Brad Stevens , Steve Kerr, Mike Budenholzer, Tom Thibodaeu, Rick Carlisle, Terry Stotts, Billy Donovan, Dwane Casey, Stan Van Gundy.

Everyone on this list has at least been to a conference final except Stevens and Stotts; and everyone except Stotts has a winning record. Stotts win/loss record is stellar since taking over Portland. 

I would say fans here know their coaches.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I missed Erik Spoelstra, its fixed

Coaches taken so far:

Gregg Popovich, Brad Stevens , Steve Kerr, Mike Budenholzer, Tom Thibodaeu, Rick Carlisle, Terry Stotts, Billy Donovan, Erik Spoelstra, Dwane Casey, Stan Van Gundy.

Everyone on this list has at least been to a conference final except Stevens and Stotts; and everyone except Stotts has a winning record. Stotts win/loss record is stellar since taking over Portland. 

I would say fans here know their coaches.

• Moderators

Hot Picks on a Platter... Hot Picks on a Platter...

I've got mine all lined up to go by no later than 3 PM Eastern (maybe sooner if @ATLHawks3 checks in within the hour). After that, it'll be @LucastheThird, 2 hours of Fuzzy silence, then @JayBirdHawk and @AHF! AHF will likely be taking a pair of compensatory picks for TheFuzz, so draft accordingly!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 182nd-ish pick of the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession select:

0c647cca1691d8bb7782db396bf72bc521340247

Courtney Lee (SG/SF, 6’5”, 200 lbs., Age 31 as of 11/1/2016), or, as he’s more popularly known, “C-3-'n-D-Lee”! I presume Spike has his Lee jersey already?

CP3 is great, but he Obsession could use some more veteran leadership in the backcourt. Enter C3&DLee, who provides productive minutes at both ends of the floor and is quite comfortable running the floor without dominating the ball.

With a prized rookie and a breakout second-year player leading the depth chart at shooting guard, it helps to have someone with a dash of NBA Finals experience. So why not a guy who was handed the unenviable task of D’ing up Last Hurrah-era Kobe, in the 2009 Finals, as a rookie fresh outta Western Kentucky? While defending, and scoring, against the eventual Finals MVP was a thankless yet unique duty, the championship series proved to be something he’d rather forget for a totally different reason.

In Game 2 of those Finals, at Staples Center, Lee missed two off-balance layup attempts with 10.5 seconds remaining in regulation, the second one off an inbounds lob that carried him behind the basket, either of which would have given his team a lead. The NBA world might have perceived the Hilltopper differently had he made either of those as a game-winning and series-tying basket.

Lee was certainly hoping for some Nick Anderson-style opportunity to make up for those small-g goat moments. Alas, his career took a swerve when Orlando decided to bring a veteran home to Central Florida, casting Lee off to a swampland team that had designs on moving out-of-state, in exchange for a young Ryan Anderson and a Half-Man. Lee’s new team heralded him as their future star. But that plan got scrapped when the team broke out to the league’s first-ever 0-18 season start, and limped to a 12-70 finish.

The next summer ushered in a period where Lee, in the athletic prime of his career, would go from being paraded as an up-and-coming star to just a solid role-playing reserve, on former title contenders that found themselves in decline: Clutch City just as the curtains were closing on the Yao and T-Mac Show, then the tail end of the title contentions in Beantown.

It was only in 2013, arriving by trade to a Grindhouse Gang in desperate need for perimeter shooting, that Lee was able to rediscover his groove. He was a steady starter only until inconsistent shooting caused a lineup shift early in 2015-16.

As an upcoming unrestricted free agent on a virtual M*A*S*H unit, Lee’s time in Bluff City would be cut short. By the trading deadline, he found himself on a new team eager to make some postseason buzz. And my, what a buzz Lee produced. At each of his prior two hoop destinations, Lee became the guy you could depend on, ironically enough, to make momentous plays at the end of regulation.

Witness his catch-and-finish off an inbounds lob, in November 2014, completed in just 0.3 seconds, which won a game and helped his team overcome a 26-point deficit. Witness his interception of an inbound as time expired, this past March, to cap off an unconscionable 23-point comeback for victory over a league juggernaut.

Witness, in the 2016 conference semifinals, Lee flying out of nowhere to nab an offensive board getting fouled and sinking the free throws to secure a Game 4 win at home. Witness a couple nights later, when Lee snares an O-board from a missed shot that caromed high off the glass, passes the ball, immediately gets it back to can the three-point winner and, moments later, blocks Dwyane Wade’s layup to seal his team's first postseason road victory in 14 years. Do any of this in the Finals, and Courtney Lee would be Horry-fied by an adoring basketball fanbase.

Lee has been nothing throughout his career if not steady from season-to-season, whether he’s starting or not. His 2015-16 regular season (9.6 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.9 TOs/game, 37.8 3FG%, 51.8 eFG%, 83.9 FT%) reads an awful lot like his career numbers (9.6 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 1.0 TOs/game, 38.4 3FG%, 51.3 eFG%, 84.6 FT%). If he’s got a fault, it’s that he’s likely to shy away as a shooter when he’s struggling early. Here, with the Obsession, he’ll be entrusted with hitting open perimeter jumpers, and not being afraid to stay at it when the early shots don’t fall.

Courtney will join two former teammates on the L-Obs. Lee shared ample time on the bench in H-Town with a DeMarre Carroll that was only beginning to find his way. And last year, he started in the playoffs alongside Marvin Williams, another Obsession veteran that will be coming off the bench.

Among the league’s active players for (lowest) turnover percentage, Lee ranks 8th, while Williams ranks 4th. Their roles will be invaluable when balanced alongside young players that will be expected to handle the rock a lot and make plays when Paul is not on the floor. Lee, like Kent Bazemore, has the ability to thwart opponents’ transition schemes, and he’ll particularly enjoy building camaraderie with new teammate Kristaps Porzingis.

Despite a modest 6-foot-7 wingspan (for this team, anyway), Lee remains an active on-ball defender that can cover shooting guards and small forwards in smaller lineups. That is always useful when a Kobe or a Wade starts to go Super Saiyan on opponents. Under the bright glare of the playoffs, Brandon Ingram need not worry, as there’s a capable veteran in the wings who understands, as well as anybody, when times get tough.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram; Joshua Micheal Richardson; Courtney Lee

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LeEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis; Marvin Gaye Williams, Jr.

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

HCIC: Terry Linn Stotts

Let’s keep it moving, with a pick by the punctual @LucastheThird!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

Current Mean Heights of Rosters (tallest to shawtiest, in feet):

• AHF - 6.697
  • TheFuzz - 6.683
  • Buzzard - 6.652
  • JayBirdHawk - 6.642
  • Diesel (tie) - 6.636
  • PSSSHHHRRR87 (tie) - 6.636
  • lethalweapon3 - 6.629
  • capstone21 - 6.617
  • h4wkfan - 6.600
  • LucastheThird (tie) - 6.598
  • pimp (tie) - 6.598
  • ATLHawks3 - 6.575
  • Spud2Nique - 6.568
  • HopefulHawksFan - 6.553
  • Alex - 6.550
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk - 6.525

SOURCE: Mark Porcaro database, via Twitter

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

Current Mean Weights of Rosters (heftiest to lightest, in pounds):

• Diesel - 229.7
  • Buzzard - 229.4
  • AHF - 227.0
  • LucastheThird - 226.6
  • ATLHawks3 - 225.8
  • TheFuzz - 225.6
  • JayBirdHawk - 225.5
  • capstone21 - 225.3
  • Alex - 224.7
  • PSSSHHHRRR87 - 223.7
  • h4wkfan - 221.1
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk - 219.9
  • Spud2Nique - 218.5
  • pimp - 218.3
  • HopefulHawksFan - 212.7
  • lethalweapon3 - 212.4

~lw3

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Current Median Weights of Rosters (heftiest to lightest, in pounds):

• Diesel - 229.7
  • Buzzard - 229.4
  • AHF - 227.0

~lw3

44 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Current Median Heights of Rosters (tallest to shawtiest, in feet):

• AHF - 6.697
  • TheFuzz - 6.683
  • Buzzard - 6.652

~lw3

I like where I am here. I wanted a big but fast team and thought I was on the right track with my primary guard rotation of Harden, Wall, and Jrue all being at least 6'4".

Casey was a main target of mine ever since I took Jrue. His offensive style would not miss a beat with my guard play and he has shown a  good aptitude for bringing along bigs and getting them to improve as well.

PS2 does not like my team; but I do  :approved:

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Current Median Weights of Rosters (heftiest to lightest, in pounds):

• Diesel - 229.7
  • Buzzard - 229.4
  • AHF - 227.0
  • LucastheThird - 226.6
  • ATLHawks3 - 225.8
  • TheFuzz - 225.6
  • JayBirdHawk - 225.5
  • capstone21 - 225.3
  • Alex - 224.7
  • PSSSHHHRRR87 - 223.7
  • h4wkfan - 221.1
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk - 219.9
  • Spud2Nique - 218.5
  • pimp - 218.3
  • HopefulHawksFan - 212.7
  • lethalweapon3 - 212.4

~lw3

Lw3 likes them lean n mean like a feral cat...grrrr

• Moderators

Current Mean Experience of Rosters (eldest-and-wisest to least-experienced, in seasons of NBA experience):

• ATLHawks3 - 10.90
  • PSSSHHHRRR87 - 7.00
  • TheFuzz - 6.10
  • Diesel - 6.09
  • HopefulHawksFan - 5.91
  • capstone21 - 5.90
  • lethalweapon3 (Tie) - 5.00
  • pimp (Tie) - 5.00
  • LucastheThird - 4.91
  • h4wkfan - 4.90
  • ViewsFromTheSquawk - 4.80
  • AHF (tie) - 4.73
  • Spud2Nique (tie) - 4.73
  • Buzzard - 4.55
  • Alex - 4.40
  • JayBirdHawk - 3.40

~lw3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lw3 likes them lean n mean like a feral cat...grrrr

You would think JayBird's youngsters would be light; but seems like they are still at home enjoying Mamma's cooking!

• Like 2