• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN projected standings - next season....

Gray Mule

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They have no point guard to speak of and Drummond is vastly overrated

Drummond is just big.  No offensive game really (well, he's improved slightly).  Falls into rebounds and points.  Can't play down the stretch.  Agree Reggie Jackson is no point guard.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Drummond is just big.  No offensive game really (well, he's improved slightly).  Falls into rebounds and points.  Can't play down the stretch.  Agree Reggie Jackson is no point guard.

I don't understand what the heck teams like the Pistons and Kings are doing. Smh. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't understand what the heck teams like the Pistons and Kings are doing. Smh. 

Kings have no direction.  Management there makes Cousins look like a voice of reason.

I can kinda see what DET is trying to do.  They've compiled a lot of individually talented guys and they play hard but it's kind of a hodge-podge of guys.  I just don't see what the end-game is.  They're not better than CLE or IND in division.  

On 7/26/2016 at 8:35 AM, Gray Mule said:

ESPN takes a look at the teams in the east and their "experts" tell us where each team will end up.

#2 - Boston Celtics..............Why?  They have Al Horford!

#6- Atlanta Hawks.............Why?  They don't have Al Horford!

They ignore everyone else.  Gee whiz.  Hawks didn't know how great AH  really is?  Gee!

Do you miss him already?? 

Not at all. He's a good player, he's a great 3rd option. You don't pay a 3rd option a max contract and Boston will find that out eventually.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:09 AM, Diesel said:

The weak spot is Ellis.   IF I were them, Id be trying to move him to Brooklyn  or Orlando. 

Yeah Indy needs a bigger SG.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:35 AM, Gray Mule said:

ESPN takes a look at the teams in the east and their "experts" tell us where each team will end up.

#2 - Boston Celtics..............Why?  They have Al Horford!

#6- Atlanta Hawks.............Why?  They don't have Al Horford!

They ignore everyone else.  Gee whiz.  Hawks didn't know how great AH  really is?  Gee!

Do you miss him already?? 

I watched replays the other night of the back to back national championships when Al played for Florida, expecting to see Horford as one of  or the main player on that team. After watching i realized he was just about the same player to that team as he was to the Hawks this year, just an average overrated player.  The shooting guard and Noah were much more impressive than Al.

• Moderators

They still got swept but most people think the Pistons gave the Cavs a harder series than the Hawks.   I think that's why folks are expecting them to take another step.   Since SVG has been there they steadily improved.     They did sign Ish as a backup PG which should help.

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They still got swept but most people think the Pistons gave the Cavs a harder series than the Hawks.   I think that's why folks are expecting them to take another step.   Since SVG has been there they steadily improved.     They did sign Ish as a backup PG which should help.

I like what the Pistons have done since SVG has stepped in. Releasing Josh, picking up Morris and Harris, and signing Ish. They are now playing harder defense but they still need some help with their small ball players. They are not skilled enough to pull off what SVG wants. But give him time and he will find some players.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Latest poll of ESPN "expert" writers has three teams from the east tied for 7th place.

Atlanta, Milwaukee and New York.

They don't project us to the lottery, not yet.  Give them time.  It's still a long way to

tip off to begin the season.  We could drop further!

• Like 4

So we improve our Achilles heel problem of rebounding and improve our rim defense which will help us against everyone and especially our playoff nemesis the Cavs  and they have us quite a bit worse. Sounds like some of their free lance journalists that we laugh about are now their analysts.