• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Most Feared Defense in the League??

Diesel

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Most elite defenders where later draft picks. There is something about not being flashy and having to work yourself from the bottom up. Prince and Bembry(not as much) also have the body types and skillset to become that way. Unlike the Hawks rookies you listed. But indeed, its a bit much to see it the first year.

Fanboy, I don't disagree that they will be good and will have good skillsets (at least prince will) but I just don't think that we will see it this year.  I would love for both of them to have a Tayshun Prince like Rookie year, but I just don't see them doing that in this system under this coach.

It's better when they don't fear us. It's better when they take us lightly. It's better when the media gives us no props. Not sure what it is about my personality, but I don't crave that outside vindication. I prefer surprising teams with a knockout, being the underdog, shocking the world. It's always sweeter :ninja:

• Like 1

Prince and Bembry are unlike any rookies we've drafted since Al. He came into the league with a maturity beyond his years and these youngsters have that same type of rookie intelligence that he had. These are guys who round and defend and both handle the ball well especially for their sizes... Which is also another huge plus given how we've been undersized at most positions for years. Imagine now having lengthy active players like Schröder, Bembry, Prince, Thabo, Baze... Anyone else? All giving the opposing offensive players nothing buy suffocating defense, actual boxing out, and no passing lanes for 48 minutes! It's hard to say "feared" because we're not a team with enforcers but teams will not enjoy playing the Hawks... And it will not be over quickly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Prince and Bembry are unlike any rookies we've drafted since Al. He came into the league with a maturity beyond his years and these youngsters have that same type of rookie intelligence that he had. These are guys who round and defend and both handle the ball well especially for their sizes... Which is also another huge plus given how we've been undersized at most positions for years. Imagine now having lengthy active players like Schröder, Bembry, Prince, Thabo, Baze... Anyone else? All giving the opposing offensive players nothing buy suffocating defense, actual boxing out, and no passing lanes for 48 minutes! It's hard to say "feared" because we're not a team with enforcers but teams will not enjoy playing the Hawks... And it will not be over quickly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Round like my belly?

Lengthy active huh?...lol I bet you likem like that....

jk AGREED!!!! Lol