• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good Article on Howard and Sap..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Howard and Sap Coexistence?

Whereas some of us see a great fit, there are others who have questions and this is the article for them.  I like this line though:

Millsap is a swiss army knife, spring-loaded with a multitude of ways to score.

I think this is what makes us so dangerous.  I don't think Millsap will be chained to the lane anymore. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Whereas some of us see a great fit, there are others who have questions and this is the article for them.  I like this line though:

I think this is what makes us so dangerous.  I don't think Millsap will be chained to the lane anymore. 

I think it's a better fit than Sap / Horf.     Sap / Horf was a great combo until Horford became a stretch 5.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think it's a better fit than Sap / Horf.     Sap / Horf was a great combo until Horford became a stretch 5.   

Check and Mate!!

Horford becoming a stretch 5, Chained Sap into the lane.  I think now.. we have a guy who can definitely play inside and allows (as Sap says) for the Floor to be spread on offense.  However, my excitement is defensively.  We have taken one of the best defenses in the game and we have added a top rebounder to it.  It's hard not to be excited as a Hawks fan.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

Good piece. Hawks could be like the 2010-11 Mavericks if Dwight embraces the Tyson Chandler role. 

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Good piece. Hawks could be like the 2010-11 Mavericks if Dwight embraces the Tyson Chandler role. 

And that's the rub - will he? Or will he be more concerned with his post touches on offense?

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And that's the rub - will he? Or will he be more concerned with his post touches on offense?

No way should a guy that can dominate at times like Howard, accept a Tyson Chandler role.

We don't have any offensive "alpha dogs" on this team.  He definitely needs a volume share of post touches, seeing how we have very few shot creators.p

pe0

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No way should a guy that can dominate at times like Howard, accept a Tyson Chandler role.

We don't have any offensive "alpha dogs" on this team.  He definitely needs a volume share of post touches, seeing how we have very few shot creators.p

pe0

I think Bud will limit Dwight's minutes, seeing how he did with Al compared to how many minutes Woody played Al. Keep Dwight fresh, rotating out with Splitter and Hump to keep him fresh for the playoffs. I don't think Dwight ever played for a team where sharing the ball is vital so I could imagine his PPG will be affected but his assists numbers should be a career high.