• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How many all stars will the Hawks have?

14 hours ago, rd79 said:

The problem with All Stars and ATL is, there are no Fans around... So guarenteed no starting player. Dennis' only Chance to start would be a massive voting campain in GER but media seems to not like him.

Sadly. Koonin need to work on the marketing on their players. That corny stuff with having Baze and Muscula promoting players isn't going to work. Better be like Dallas and get singers and etc to promote players. 

4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

SAP DH8 and I think Baze gets a coach's nod or injury replacement spot at the end of the bench.  Dude has improved every year here.

I like Baze but he's average. Dude would literally have to average 20+ points per game to get coaches' attention. Otherwise a guy like Crowder could make the same case on why he should play in the All-Star game.

18 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Just one. Unfortunately, I think ATL would have to be #1 seed if they want more than one All-Star in the game. 

I think we can be a 1-3 seed and still get 2 or 3 all stars in...maybe

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

I like Baze but he's average. Dude would literally have to average 20+ points per game to get coaches' attention. Otherwise a guy like Crowder could make the same case on why he should play in the All-Star game.

Yeah - I don't see any conceivable scenario where Baze is an All-Star.  Would love to be wrong on that, though.  Rooting for the young man!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think we can be a 1-3 seed and still get 2 or 3 all stars in...maybe

Yeah, I could see Dwight but he'd have to really repair his image on and off the court, no stickum, no clashing with teammates. 

Can we all just reflect for a moment about the fact that having multiple All-Stars is such a realistic possibility for our team when not even a full decade ago just having 1 All-Star wasn't even expected. Obviously being a playoff has made media have to acknowledge we exist when it was so easy to ignore us before. It's quite a good feeling to be one of THOSE franchises now that are garunteed to get at least one every year just because we're relevant

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He is a good role player ... Not an all star

I agree but at the same time there have been guys in the NBA who have made all star teams when you didn't really expect them to. 

Paul is a shoe-in.  He's far more respected amongst his peers and coaches than the media gives him credit for.

I account for Dwight having to adjust to a new squad, albeit arguably the best he's been on.  Gasol's 17 and 11 is gone.  If he can't break through Drummond, Al, and Whiteside he should be ashamed.

Dennis is not very well liked around the league and his three ball is shaky.  He's gonna have to dust off Kemba, Wall (ugh), Jeff, and Reggie consistently to get a reasonable shot. That's no stretch but he's still a year or two away all things considered.

If Kyle can miraculously get back to leading the league in TS he's back in there as an alternate or something.

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Paul is a shoe-in.  He's far more respected amongst his peers and coaches than the media gives him credit for.

I account for Dwight having to adjust to a new squad, albeit arguably the best he's been on.  Gasol's 17 and 11 is gone.  If he can't break through Drummond, Al, and Whiteside he should be ashamed.

Dennis is not very well liked around the league and his three ball is shaky.  He's gonna have to dust off Kemba, Wall (ugh), Jeff, and Reggie consistently to get a reasonable shot. That's no stretch but he's still a year or two away all things considered.

If Kyle can miraculously get back to leading the league in TS he's back in there as an alternate or something.

Reggie? Hell no. The guy isn't even a pg.  He's a tweener imo. The Pistons will never get far with Reggie as their starting point guard. Never.

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Baz is an average player ... He has a great motor, is energetic and is fun to watch (even when he is out of control) but he will never be an all star

NEVER EVER? Lol

Bazemore is essentially a cross between Danny Green and Wes Matthews. I think if he's used to a full NBA season he is a 14 PTS/5 REB/3 AST/1.5 STL/0.5 BLK player and a 38% 3 point shooter.

That's a good player.... Is it an all star, not without special circumstances (like the 2014-2015 season).

Sap is the only guy I see as a lock to make the team. Hawks players never get enough vote so anyone who makes it from this team will be picked by the coaches

They took the Center position away in All Star voting so it might be hard for Dwight to make it in.

Its way too many point guards in the East for Dennis to make it. It would have to be a lot of injuries and even then it would be hard

Lowry

Wall

Irving

Thomas

Rose- contract year and in that New York market

Teague- healthy and contract year

Kemba Walker- some thought he deserved it last year

I put contract year because you know some guys ball out when its a contract year

Baze has no chance what so ever.

Whether center is given a specific vote or not I think D8 will at the very least will average a nice double double and block quite a few shots with a positive +/- so that should get him in on the East squad with Sap. Besides "one is the loneliest number" even with All Stars. 

• Moderators

Frankly i may have to say 1 all star.   If Sap and Dwight both make it then Bud is a certifiable genius and we're probably the #1 seed.   If we're able to turn our offense into something where both the PF and traditional center put up All star level numbers then we must be destroying folks.