• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bleacher Report ranks NBA teams starting Line-ups

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Agreed that Sap may be too expensive to re-sign. But top 10 PF in the league and perennial All-Star is a bit more than a role player...

He's good but he's no Blake Griffin/Anthony Davis. I'd just hate to see ATL lock up majority of cap space into an aging core that has a very small window (Dennis/Millsap/Dwight) to win a championship. I value long term financial flexibility. 

25 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

He's good but he's no Blake Griffin/Anthony Davis. I'd just hate to see ATL lock up majority of cap space into an aging core that has a very small window (Dennis/Millsap/Dwight) to win a championship. I value long term financial flexibility. 

You mean 2 guys who stay injured?

• Moderators

I'd deal Millsap for Davis but not for Griffin.  Griffin is both a health hazard (as JBH noted) and his play on the court is not any better than Sap.  In fact, the last two seasons Griffin has been a lesser player than Sap, IMO.  The only reason to prefer Griffin today is age.

• Like 1

Sap for Davis hell yes. Get Ant Davis with Bud and the Hawks training crew and it's over we win. Griffin is a different story. The guy is labeled a non winner in my book. I plug him right into the non winner starting lineup at pf, right next to my sf Melo.

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Sap for Davis hell yes. Get Ant Davis with Bud and the Hawks training crew and it's over we win. Griffin is a different story. The guy is labeled a non winner in my book. I plug him right into the non winner starting lineup at pf, right next to my sf Melo.

Wellll, I still put more of sMelo's "non-winning" on the Knix than I do on him, at the start anyway.  He was a playoff performer every year until he got there.  Then he became a loser as the stank sunk in.  JMHO although the end result is that he does get put on your NW list.  That sounds like a good, 'Around the Assoc' thread to me.  Top 5 will never win a rang lineup.  CP2 and BLopez make the 5 with James Har en?

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wellll, I still put more of sMelo's "non-winning" on the Knix than I do on him, at the start anyway.  He was a playoff performer every year until he got there.  Then he became a loser as the stank sunk in.  JMHO although the end result is that he does get put on your NW list.  That sounds like a good, 'Around the Assoc' thread to me.  Top 5 will never win a rang lineup.  CP2 and BLopez make the 5 with James Har en?

I'm not ready to put cp on it, I think he's a winner still, but Harden is my starting 2 guard lol. Brook Lopez is the center as well yes.

32 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not ready to put cp on it, I think he's a winner still, but Harden is my starting 2 guard lol. Brook Lopez is the center as well yes.

I'd advise you to check into the only West. Conf. teams that haven't made it to the WCF in recent history and note who's been the starting PG for both franchises during this period.

He talks a good game and has a great rep, but he ain't no winner.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators

Denver was bounced in the first round of the playoffs in 6 of their 7 full seasons with Melo.  In the season in which he was trade and the two seasons after, they also were bounced in the first round.  Hard to see him as a huge difference maker, IMO.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I wonder if part of Davis's injury problem is that he is still growing per this article:

New Orleans Pelicans big man Anthony Davis grew another inch over the summer. The 23-year-old shared the news on the Black & Blue Report podcast. But the funny thing is after he said it, he tried to take it back.

“They measured us like a week and a half ago and they said I was 6-11, which I don’t want to be. I think 6-10’s like the perfect height for me. It just doesn’t sound right. 6-10 sounds perfect to me. 6-11, 7 feet, I can’t, I don’t like it.”

Davis continued:

“I’m now 6-10. I’m technically 6-11, but I’m 6-10.  I will always tell everybody 6-10. I don’t care if I’m 7-3, I’m 6-10 … Maybe it’s the hair. I don’t know. I have great hair.”

He measured in at 6-9 1/4 without shoes and 6-10 1/2 with shoes at the NBA Combine in 2012. Last season, when he averaged 24.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per game, he was listed at 6-foot-10. An extra inch can’t hurt him

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/anthony-davis-new-orleans-pelicans-taller-grew-not-happy

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow he's still growing in his 20's? That's crazy!

He was a super late guy to blossom.  Was a guard in HS and suddenly exploding to college center / NBA PF/C height where he is the star at UK and the #1 NBA pick.

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was a super late guy to blossom.  Was a guard in HS and suddenly exploding to college center / NBA PF/C height where he is the star at UK and the #1 NBA pick.

I'm trying to tell yall this is a red flag.  The last guy like this who was oft-injured and allowed to play major minutes while still growing was Jonathan Bender.

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm trying to tell yall this is a red flag.  The last guy like this who was oft-injured and allowed to play major minutes while still growing was Jonathan Bender.

True, I read his story a few months back.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm not saying there aren't reasons to be concerned with Davis, but he has played 60+ games every season and averaged 34 mpg.  I still believe.

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not saying there aren't reasons to be concerned with Davis, but he has played 60+ games every season and averaged 34 mpg.  I still believe.

They need to be very careful with him.  They haven't been so far.

A PER of 25 is kinda nuts. He means absolutely everything to the Pelicans. They signed Solomon Hill to eleven million per year which helps show how imbalanced their roster is across the board.