• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta vs. Boston...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Dennis vs. Thomas.   = Chippiness. 

Horford vs. Sap = Better call Paul. 

Bradley/Smart vs. Threezus/THJr.  =  Damn. 

Crowder vs. Baze =  Damn.

D8  vs.  Olynk or Johnson or Zeller =  They don't have enough. 

I think Dennis will set the tone for this encounter.  The wing play is my fear.  I'm hoping Baze continues his path of improvement and I said nothing about our rookies or theirs (Jaylen Brown).  

What do you think??

Believe Dennis versus Isaiah will bring back vivid memories of KG level trash talking. Our own little MMA weigh in dialogue. Should be incredibly competitive and fun to watch. Need Dennis to keep his head though and not get bated too much because the refs showed in the playoffs last year if they err it will be in favor of the little charging machine in green and not Dennis.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

dwight-howard-of-the-houston-rockets-dun

Bradley/Smart will have to stay glued to Korver and I don't see either of them taking over the game offensively.   With Crowder, that's what we have Thabo for.    In fact, Dennis/Baze/Thabo/Sap/Dwight is a great lineup to run against the C's.    That'll stop them defensively and then we let Sap and Dwight feast on those leprechauns.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

Just read this quote from Horford:

"Looking at my career at this point, I'm going into my 10th year and want to be able to be a part of something special and win a championship. With the type of guys that we have here, we have that possibility, and that's something I wanted to be a part of."

I don't think the Celtics are even better than us, much less a true championship contender. 

I agree but we'll see.   They have some young talent but who knows what the ceiling is.  They be there.  

I understand Horford leaving Atlanta, I just don't think Boston's group is any closer to winning a championship than we are. They do have more resources to acquire a difference maker, but as Durant and at least the reaction to the Jaylen Brown selection showed, there are no guarantees there. I don't personally have an opinion on Brown so maybe he'll turn out to be a stud. Same could be said of Prince and Bembry, though. We'll just have to see. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't really care about all of those roster comparisons. I just want to see Dwight steal all of GreenBeetch's candies (a.k.a. "boards") and dunk on her head every once in a while. I'll be cool with that.

Oh! I almost forgot I would LOVE to see Dennis hit that dwarf right in his ugly nose. I can smell some blood already.  :aggressive:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, High5 said:

Just read this quote from Horford Whorefart:

"Looking at my career at this point, I'm going into my 10th year and want to be able to be a part of something special and win a championship. With the type of guys that we have here, we have that possibility, and that's something I wanted to be a part of."

I don't think the Celtics are even better than us, much less a true championship contender. 

You misspelled P.O.S :approved:

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, High5 said:

He's smelling the Charles River and the pollution of the Boston Harbor and thinking that he's a part of the Patriots.   Don't worry, he will wake up.  I think the top 4 are:

Us, Cleveland, Indy, and Toronto.    Let the Seltics fight it out with Chicago, NYK, Detroit and Charlotte for those last 4 spots.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, High5 said:

I mean it isn't like we just knocked them out of the playoffs or anything.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

dwight-howard-of-the-houston-rockets-dun

Bradley/Smart will have to stay glued to Korver and I don't see either of them taking over the game offensively.   With Crowder, that's what we have Thabo for.    In fact, Dennis/Baze/Thabo/Sap/Dwight is a great lineup to run against the C's.    That'll stop them defensively and then we let Sap and Dwight feast on those leprechauns.   

Bradley is a solid 3 & D guy. He may torch Korver if they keep him in too long like how ATL does against JR & the Cavs.

But yeah, I'd definitely run that defensive lineup.

9 hours ago, High5 said:

Yeah, their ceiling is 2014-15 Hawks. LeBron, Love and Frye will dominate them. He should have followed KD or take a paycut and signed with SA.

10 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I mean it isn't like we just knocked them out of the playoffs or anything.

Great point. Al did the opposite of what KD did. KD's plan is to insure he owns a ring soon which is what Al is basically saying his reasoning is. Think he might have over thought it or Ainge is just that good of a hypnotist.  

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

Great point. Al did the opposite of what KD did. KD's plan is to insure he owns a ring soon which is what Al is basically saying his reasoning is. Think he might have over thought it or Ainge is just that good of a hypnotist.  

Actions speak louder than words.  Top priority was a max contract.

• Like 4

• Moderators
11 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Bradley is a solid 3 & D guy. He may torch Korver if they keep him in too long like how ATL does against JR & the Cavs.

But yeah, I'd definitely run that defensive lineup.

I'm a big fan of Bradley but like you said he's 3&D.  So the only time he's torching anyone is if he's hot from 3.   We can defend that (hopefully).   I may be wrong but i don't see him sinking circus 3s like JR.   

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Maybe politics are in his future after his playing days. 

Well, he immediately started into "Selltix4Life - I bleed green (and totally not cash by the way)" before even thanking the fans in Atlanta so hearing more posturing about his noble decision to pursue excellence with the team isn't remotely a surprise.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Well, he immediately started into "Selltix4Life - I bleed green (and totally not cash by the way)" before even thanking the fans in Atlanta so hearing more posturing about his noble decision to pursue excellence with the team isn't remotely a surprise.

That was a pretty quick heel-turn wasn't it?  I swear I'm going to explode when all the nat'l folks complain when we boo the tar outta his arse.