• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big trade about to go down

Admin

Trybanski is the young center that Phoenix drafted ahead of Lampe this year in the draft and he has some potential to be a good player.

The Suns also got Lampe from the Knicks and that could turn out to be a steal as well. If Phoenix is able to get Kobe because of this then its a huge steal for them.....if not they still make out pretty well but that will all depend on if the Knicks pick this year will be a lotto pick or not and if they are able to attract a top notch FA should they not be able to get Kobe.

On paper the Knicks have a nice squad now Marbury/Houston/Van Horn/Thomas/Deke. Thats a lineup that should definitely be able to win in the east, but they definitely swallowed a large pill by giving up 2 firsts and by taking on that huge Penny Hardaway deal.

Marbury just signed a huge (double max) long-term extension. What Isiah did was risk the franchise on him, to a degree. Granted, Steph still has trade value is things dont' go well, but you have to think that if he fails in NYC, his home, where they've been praying for a saviour, his market value will be greatly diminished.

I'm not saying it's a bad move, not at all. It was a tremendous one (and in a way, my pardons to Diesel, for the Suns just did what I said the Hawks would never do, trade for a starting PF even though they already have one in place...granted Amare will be out for at least another month and could learn a lot from Antonio, as they play somewhat similar games....though why I'm going off on this tangent, when D got Beetch slapped on his "McD can play SF/is a better 3pt shooter than SAR" speech and then failed to own up to it, even try to refute things is hilarious)

The Knicks are still going to be way over cap for quite some time with two max players (both bc) in Steph and Houston, plus Penny off the bench...and then KVH, though I don't know the length of his contract. But they made big moves in the right direction with this trade.

• Premium Member

The Problem Weez is that you don't understand Capspace.

You're still sitting around wondering why the Suns have given up on this year and opted for cap space.

Well, in this case, capspace means Kobe or QRich.

I think Zeke is still a genius...

Somebody gotta sell Knicks tickets... Especially once NJ comes to Brooklyn. I think Marbury and his street cred and his hometown Flavor will put the big money fans in the seats in NY.

Now, Zeke must build a future and Deke and it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zeke go after Artest and Theo...

D, I do understand capspace, and it's why I don't think this was a bad move by the Suns. I mean, they got exactly what you want in a trade: picks and capspace. Combine that with an already young, solid core in Amare, Marion, Carbraka? and they made a very shrewd move, and completely giving up.

But the Suns have a much better ability to attract FA's than the Hawks. Much better. And in a way promise, with that young nucleus.

They've put themselves in a position to go after Kobe, without selling the farm to do it. That's what gets me about most of these "go after Kobe" proposals, they center around gutting the team to do it, and that's simply bad business, cause nothing's guaranteed, and if you didn't get him, you'd (we'd) be screwed.

WHATEVER he wants without regard for the luxury tax or the salary cap makes it a LOT easier for Zeke to make deals. GMs who have to worry about the salary cap or the luxury tax can't even entertain a deal such as the one Zeke just made. For instance, if Billy Knight could put Terrell Brandon's contract in play right now and combine Brandon's contract with that of another player, he could probably get us a good player (or players) in here. But Knight can't put Brandon's contract in play because the team doesn't want to pay the luxury tax.

All that being said, what Zeke did was make Knicks tickets the hottest thing going to New Yorkers and that is a big part of his job. If he can get Portland to bite on Van Horn/filler for Wallace and get Cleveland to take Harrington, Doleac, Williams for Miles, he'll REALLY have that team ready to be competitive.

Deke/Trybanski

Thomas/Sweetney

Wallace/Miles

Houston/Anderson

Marbury/Norris

That team would have the talent to not only win in the EC, they could give a lot of Western teams problems as well. I sure wish Billy Knight had the green light to spend without regard for paying the luxury tax.