• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Barkley: "Atlanta is not going to make the playoffs"

GameTime

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think there are a ton of racists watching the NBA.   Not kkk members or anything but sports fans with prejudices.   Is not that they root against black players in the game, but as kg said they want players to act a certain way off the court if they are black.    I mean black people performing as entertainers and athletes for white audiences has a long and sometimes ugly history in this country.   Things are better now but some of the attitudes about it aren't 100% gone.   

It's the 'we are paying you a boatload of money so just shut up and play syndrome'  - you shouldn't have a voice/opinion on politics, religion, social injustices etc. - happens a lot.

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think there are a ton of racists watching the NBA.   Not kkk members or anything but sports fans with prejudices.   Is not that they root against black players in the game, but as kg said they want players to act a certain way off the court if they are black.    I mean black people performing as entertainers and athletes for white audiences has a long and sometimes ugly history in this country.   Things are better now but some of the attitudes about it aren't 100% gone.   

You may be right, I just haven't ever experienced that myself. I don't get why you'd watch the NBA if you are a racist. 

I still don't believe there's a high percentage of those who hate Lebron who hate him because he's black. I mean can't a guy just be hated these days just because of who he is? Why does there always have to be a deeper meaning for peoples intentions?  

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's the 'we are paying you a boatload of money so just shut up and play syndrome'  - you shouldn't have a voice/opinion on politics, religion, social injustices etc. - happens a lot.

I don't go around criticizing my CEO about the way he does his job. He expects me to shut up and perform my job and I don't see any reason it should be different for pro athletes. 

People are to blame for idolizing these stars though. Just because they say something about politics, religion, etc. doesn't mean that they are representing their team on that issue. I'm sure the players don't mean to represent their team like that. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't go around criticizing my CEO about the way he does his job. He expects me to shut up and perform my job and I don't see any reason it should be different for pro athletes. 

People are to blame for idolizing these stars though. Just because they say something about politics, religion, etc. doesn't mean that they are representing their team on that issue. I'm sure the players don't mean to represent their team like that. 

My comment was regarding macdaddy's post regarding fans telling players to 'shut up and play'

The one thing in this Lebron situation that few people have acknowledged . . . is that Lebron is RIGHT about what the Cavs need.  

They do need a backup PG.   Honestly, they need JR Smith back.  His presence is missing much more than people want to admit to.   Decent defender.  Big shot maker ( maybe the best shot maker on the team ).  He's erratic as hell, but when he's on, he can take over a game.

Shelvin Mack would be a perfect backup PG for them.  But I hope they get someone like Chalmers, who won't help them at all from a playmaking standpoint.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The one thing in this Lebron situation that few people have acknowledged . . . is that Lebron is RIGHT about what the Cavs need.  

They do need a backup PG.   Honestly, they need JR Smith back.  His presence is missing much more than people want to admit to.   Decent defender.  Big shot maker ( maybe the best shot maker on the team ).  He's erratic as hell, but when he's on, he can take over a game.

Shelvin Mack would be a perfect backup PG for them.  But I hope they get someone like Chalmers, who won't help them at all from a playmaking standpoint.

The-Wire-SHIT-Clay-Davis.gif

The Hawks need a starting wing - he can request a trade.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No, NorthCyde, that is not what's at issue.  You think CLE mgt is balking at adding a minimum player like Chalmers or Mack after the tens of millions they've spent at James behest?

Heck no.

Yes, they need a backup PG but James (as smart as he is) asked for a "playmaker".  Whatever he's asked for, they apparently have refused.  Remember, James is chasing the Warriors.  A rando backup 1 brings them no closer to GoldenSt.  So, what could bring them closer?  Melo and/or Wade.  That's what the issue is.

Your thoughts?

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No, NorthCyde, that is not what's at issue.  You think CLE mgt is balking at adding a minimum player like Chalmers or Mack after the tens of millions they've spent at James behest?

Heck no.

Yes, they need a backup PG but James (as smart as he is) asked for a "playmaker".  Whatever he's asked for, they apparently have refused.  Remember, James is chasing the Warriors.  A rando backup 1 brings them no closer to GoldenSt.  So, what could bring them closer?  Melo and/or Wade.  That's what the issue is.

Your thoughts?

Unlike your unfortunate date night "ladies" there is an element of consent from the other party that is required ya know. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Unlike your unfortunate date night "ladies" there is an element of consent from the other party that is required ya know. 

Well, that's kinda why I criticize Lebron here.  Like I said earlier, his issues with management seem to ignore the fact that the other team has to actually want to trade with CLE.

And I think you're getting me mixed up with Spud2 in that "date night" scenario.  Also, funny to see you commenting on "consent" considering "consent" for you comes in the form of receiving payment in advance.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Well, that's kinda why I criticize Lebron here.  Like I said earlier, his issues with management seem to ignore the fact that the other team has to actually want to trade with CLE.

And I think you're getting me mixed up with Spud2 in that "date night" scenario.  Also, funny to see you commenting on "consent" considering "consent" for you comes in the form of receiving payment in advance.

Of course I require payment in advance! I can't be having supermodels just thinking they're getting services for free. Damn man. 

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heck no.

Your thoughts?

They're not getting Wade or Melo without trading Love.  Cleveland isn't trading Love for either of those 2.

When I look at last year's stats for Cleveland, I didn't know that Dellavedova averaged 4.4 assists last season.  On a per 36 min basis, that's 6.5 assists, almost equal to Lebron's 6.8 assist per 36 that season.   So to play how they want to play, they do need that 3rd playmaker on the team.  The 3rd playmaker will enable Kyrie to play off the ball a little more, while also being a facilitator.

What the Cavs SHOULD DO, is to split up Lebron and Kyrie, and play them separately more.  Lue should force them to play without each other on the floor more, even if it means they lose a few more games in the short term.  Those 2 need to be the playmakers, if a 3rd guy isn't brought in.

The other thing they can do, is start Kyle.  With Lebron and Kyrie in the game at the same time, it'll either get more open shots for Kyle, or open up the lane even more for James and Kyrie to slash.

We'll see if Lue will figure it out.  Right now, he's failing big time and not getting enough criticism.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We'll see if Lue will figure it out.  Right now, he's failing big time and not getting enough criticism.

Well, I'm hoping he doesn't.

Wonder which team LBJ will jump to next,

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, I'm hoping he doesn't.

Wonder which team LBJ will jump to next,

I'm taking my talents to the dirty dirty- LeHoe

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wtf...draggin me into this..:-|

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They're not getting Wade or Melo without trading Love.  Cleveland isn't trading Love for either of those 2.

When I look at last year's stats for Cleveland, I didn't know that Dellavedova averaged 4.4 assists last season.  On a per 36 min basis, that's 6.5 assists, almost equal to Lebron's 6.8 assist per 36 that season.   So to play how they want to play, they do need that 3rd playmaker on the team.  The 3rd playmaker will enable Kyrie to play off the ball a little more, while also being a facilitator.

What the Cavs SHOULD DO, is to split up Lebron and Kyrie, and play them separately more.  Lue should force them to play without each other on the floor more, even if it means they lose a few more games in the short term.  Those 2 need to be the playmakers, if a 3rd guy isn't brought in.

The other thing they can do, is start Kyle.  With Lebron and Kyrie in the game at the same time, it'll either get more open shots for Kyle, or open up the lane even more for James and Kyrie to slash.

Fiddling around with the backup 1 just gets them through the East without breaking a sweat.  To win the Finals, against that GS team, they likely need more.

James wants them to turn bench duds into DWhine or sMelo.  They can't, so he's whining.  Now you're finally up to speed.

What they don't seem to realize is that there's still a possibility that GS wears down and gets beaten somewhere in the West playoffs.  In which case, CLE may not need a major move.  See that's why players play and executives exec.  Perspective matters.  It's hard for players to see the bigger picture while in the proverbial foxhole.  Yes, James has the whole high BBIQ thing but he lacks perspective.

kg0Trump droppin' knowledge on y'all on a Tuesday ...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, HawkItus said:

But no one is saying this about Steph Curry, KD etc. on Golden Showers?  No people love to hate on Lebron.   LBJ is right he has been a model citizen and a most of his flack comes  from not being a pushover and being an outspoken black man.  Even among the older black NBA players.

If Curry started bitching publicly about how the Warrior's ownership needed to get off their butts and spend some more money to make the team competitive by landing more big man depth or something then that would be a great comparison.  I've never heard Curry criticizing his GM or owner for not giving him enough weapons.  Indeed, he chose to resign in FA with them at a time when they didn't have a single bona fide star and he was part of the team organically developing with trades and draft picks and not max FA acquisitions --- until this offseason when the internet crapped itself slamming the Warriors and KD for pulling yet another superstar teamup move ala LeBron in Miami and Cleveland2.0.

So I'd say that KD did get a bunch of flak for moving to the Warriors when he did something similar to LeBron's "Super Pals" moves and that Curry hasn't done anything similar to what LeBron has been criticized for yet.

Oh, and as a final point every team in the entire NBA can be improved.  None of them have every little piece that they could conceivably want, but backup PG is not worth whining to the press over when your third best player would be the best player on numerous other teams and when your team has the highest payroll in the league.  

Anybody heard any of the Hawks whining about what could make their team better?  No?  Me neither.  And the Hawks lack of talent at SG and SF is so much greater than the Cav's talent deficit at "playmaker" when they already have both LeBron and Irving that I totally get and endorse Barkley's criticism of James.  As was said earlier in the thread, LeBron's shot back at Barkley was the classic "attack the messenger not the message" non-response that we mods would put him in time out for on here.  (Cue JayBird no more internet gif)

• Like 2

Lebron needs to focus on controlling what he unquestionably can, which is playing better defense and rebounding harder wit his LeBi@ch-a$$.  I think he pulls stuff like this mostly to light a fire under Kyrie, though.  If he wanted Smellyvadova back so bad why didn't he hammer away at management to resign him like he did for his boy Tristan?

As for Barkley though, he needs to be checked at every opportunity.  If I'm Adam Silver I'd have a huge issue associating someone with my logo who regularly admits to not watching games and calling them awful.  Like Lebron asked, "what makes him credible?"  I been asking myself that for 14 years now.  Anyone who thought the Knicks would make the playoffs while the Hawks didn't isn't even casually knowledgeable about league affairs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Lebron needs to focus on controlling what he unquestionably can, which is playing better defense and rebounding harder wit his LeBi@ch-a$$.  I think he pulls stuff like this mostly to light a fire under Kyrie, though.  If he wanted Smellyvadova back so bad why didn't he hammer away at management to resign him like he did for his boy Tristan?

As for Barkley though, he needs to be checked at every opportunity.  If I'm Adam Silver I'd have a huge issue associating someone with my logo who regularly admits to not watching games and calling them awful.  Like Lebron asked, "what makes him credible?"  I been asking myself that for 14 years now.  Anyone who thought the Knicks would make the playoffs while the Hawks didn't isn't even casually knowledgeable about league affairs.

Because Smelly Delly isn't signed with his agency and Rich Paul , HIS boy Tristan is, so he didn't go to bat for him.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I've never heard Curry criticizing his GM or owner for not giving him enough weapons.

Curry has his hench hoe do that for him...Ayesha...oh the NBA is rigged..oh this is bs...Ayesha and Tito and Anna and Derrick Rose's brother all need to stfu in my opinion. Curry also has Steve Kerr speak for him...bums!