• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Barkley: "Atlanta is not going to make the playoffs"

GameTime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

The Hawks are 1 of 9 in the last 10 games and I still think this is absolute crap.

Yup, HUGE skid and I'm still sticking with my 3rd in the East prediction. For now :blink:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Yup, HUGE skid and I'm still sticking with my 3rd in the East prediction. For now :blink:

I picked 4th but i'm just not seeing it.   there are 7 other teams besides cavs and raps that have shown the desire and ability to compete in the east.   It's now hard for me to imagine this Hawks team being the top of that heap given our talent deficit that has been apparent.   It would take huge step ups by Baze and Tim and maybe Prince to get there.     I still think we'll make the playoffs but i'm now thinking 6-8.

Yeah, the East is very competitive this season. Just want to get to the playoffs first and then feel we at least inside are built for that enviroment. Last night was a nice example of Dwight and Sap coexisting and playing extremely well on the floor at the same time. We were all starting to wonder about that happening for quite a stretch. Of course gotta hit at least a decent amount threes to advance.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, the East is very competitive this season. Just want to get to the playoffs first and then feel we at least inside are built for that enviroment. Last night was a nice example of Dwight and Sap coexisting and playing extremely well on the floor at the same time. We were all starting to wonder about that happening for quite a stretch. Of course gotta hit at least a decent amount threes to advance.

Yes.  I mean we should have blown Miami off the floor.   Most of the team injured, on the road, second night of a back to back.   Shooting and turnovers.   At least the D has stepped up and we're getting inside.   I'm not going to complain about any win at this point.   We just have to keep rolling but we have to get some scoring somewhere.   

• Like 1

How quickly things change in the NBA. Two years ago we were stunned by how consistent we were from three from almost all over the floor. Now its just a huge thorn for us. Believe Kyle against second units will continue to help after seeing this two game sample but other swings are gonna have to hit something. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I picked 4th but i'm just not seeing it.   there are 7 other teams besides cavs and raps that have shown the desire and ability to compete in the east.   It's now hard for me to imagine this Hawks team being the top of that heap given our talent deficit that has been apparent.   It would take huge step ups by Baze and Tim and maybe Prince to get there.     I still think we'll make the playoffs but i'm now thinking 6-8.

Yeah, I'm hoping Thabo stay healthy. He's injury prone but he's been ATL's best perimeter defender.

Hardaway need to be consistent. Prince need to keep it up.

I'd move Baze to the bench, get his trade value up. Hawks need assets.

• Like 2