• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The ex-Hawk All-Stars Thread

Gray Mule

After watching "The King" bury his opponent in the opening game of the NBA, we now have the opportunity

to observe the results as two former all world Hawk players lead their home teams to certain victory.

DALLAS AT INDIANA

BROOKLIN AT BOSTON

Notice that these former Hawk greats open their season at home.  It will be a terrible shock if either of these

home teams do not win.  After all, behind Cleveland, they are the elite of the east.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Their girl Alecia had 11pts/5rebs in 27 mins...

Expected superstar performance.

Shot 4 3s (made one)

The starting guards both had more rebounds than Al (Bradley 9 and Thomas 6), but he only because Al played less minutes. If he gets the same playing time like giant IT he might also get the same amount of rebounds

But at least he shot well inside the arc and had 4 blocks. But that's not that important while discussing our beloved Whoreford's stats

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, rd79 said:

Expected superstar performance.

Shot 4 3s (made one)

The starting guards both had more rebounds than Al (Bradley 9 and Thomas 6), but he only because Al played less minutes. If he gets the same playing time like giant IT he might also get the same amount of rebounds

But at least he shot well inside the arc and had 4 blocks. But that's not that important while discussing our beloved Whoreford's stats

It's because of the system they run where he has to defend everyone on the perimeter.  It renders him unable to grab rebounds like Bradley who the system camps in the paint all game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

PAY that man! Only the 1st game and they're already learning.....

Yeah but Ainge will talk about his assists and not mention that they actually did want Al to rebound as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Wow.  Box scores for the Pacers look really good.  Not sure how much of that is a lack of defense from the Mavs though.  If the Pacers keep this up they will be a top 3 team for sure.

If GS keeps this up, they'll be a bottom 3 team for sure.

Neither will be that good or bad.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Wow.  Box scores for the Pacers look really good.  Not sure how much of that is a lack of defense from the Mavs though.  If the Pacers keep this up they will be a top 3 team for sure.

Ice Teague shot 5-15, 0-3 from deep...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

Wow!  Al cleaning the glass. 

And they almost got beat by a subpar Brooklyn team at home.

They almost gave up a 17pt lead in the 4th quarter.  But iss-aight, Sellts just goin' thru the motions 'til the Finals.

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

It's because of the system they run where he has to defend everyone on the perimeter.  It renders him unable to grab rebounds like Bradley who the system camps in the paint all game.

Well done, sir.  Do we detect an increase in your snarcasm this year?

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know I have Myles Turner in one fantasy league I'm in, not sure if I have him in all three. But that kid is like Devin Booker for the Suns, he has enormous potential and those guys will soon be every day names to fans.

I've been on the Booker wagon since day 1. Wanted the Hawks to draft him but the Nets screwed us. Got Booker in one squawk fantasy and dynasty 2 years in a row now. Superstar in the making.

• Premium Member

Yeah last year, KAT was deservedly the ROY but a lot and I mean a LOT of really good rookies got completely overshadowed by it. Turner and Booker are going to be outright studs. Kristops for the Knicks is going to be a force. That draft class is going to be remembered for years just like the Lebron/Melo/Wade class.

Just now, Sothron said:

Yeah last year, KAT was deservedly the ROY but a lot and I mean a LOT of really good rookies got completely overshadowed by it. Turner and Booker are going to be outright studs. Kristops for the Knicks is going to be a force. That draft class is going to be remembered for years just like the Lebron/Melo/Wade class.

Crazy to think we had the upper hand in drafting Portzingis if he had just come out a year earlier. Yup, really solid draft class.