• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks, the Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

I cant believe I doubted Thabo coming into this year, not knowing how good he looked in preseason.  He's what a championship role player looks like.

As one of the bigger Dwight detractors I gotta say "wow."  He was a rebounding fool out there tonight. 

Dennis was good defensively but I don't want the offense to flow better under Delaney too many more times.

And what can you say about Tim.  Great performance deserved through his hard work.

Started off slow with the Wizards' only dependable player (Morris) getting hot.  But Paul and the bench righted the ship while Dwight anchored.  The Wiz are awful, though.  Shouldn't have been that close.

Great start to the season, Lets Go Baby. 

• Like 3

Delaney simply gets out of the way offensively, he isn't that good of a passer so he got out of the way, Sefolosha ran the second unit.

This is the unplayable version of Kent Bazemore but it ended up not mattering. Just didn't do anything offensively.

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Hardaway was unconscious tonight ... impressive first game of the season ... he and Thabo were excellent off the bench

Very nice to see that after a lot of questions recently. Thabo brings more to the table than just the boxscore anyway. Good win.

4 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Good win but Hawks have to take care of the ball better next time, and move the ball more not rely too much  on isos. 4th quarter, Hawks got it going because of ball movement they had a lot of great looking shots and made them. Defense was solid. Dennis still need to work on his playmaking and taking care of the ball. Overall, good start for the hawks just need to keep working hard and improve better as a team.

First game so the direction has been set. Like you said a lot to work on but Bud is our coach so I'm feeling pretty confident right now. 

• Like 1

Good win

Dwight, Sap, Thabo, and Tim were great

I have been one of Tim's biggest critics but he played well tonight. We need him to do it consistently and not just one game here, disappear for a while then have another good game. CONSISTENCY

Didn't like the turnovers

Kyle and Baze didn't do much of anything

Dennis was solid but way too much looking for his own shot and just bad decisions with the ball. He will get better in time but he cant try and do too much.

The Wizards are exactly who I thought they were. I just don't understand why some think they will be better than us. They did nothing to improve their team

Their new coach is just as bad as the old one. Their offense looks exactly like the OKC offense,  the two best players take turns jacking up shots. Its no type of offensive system.  I hope we beat them down every time we play them

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I have been one of Tim's biggest critics but he played well tonight. We need him to do it consistently and not just one game here, disappear for a while then have another good game.

I began to question my faith in THJ for the past few weeks but he displayed why we have had hope for him here in the past. And on opening night at home he smoked it thank goodness. Strong game.

• Like 2

I'll say it again, the difference between playing with players that can't put the ball down and players that can is huugggeee. It was the difference last year. It will be again this year. Maybe Bud finally sees it by January?

It doesn't mean replace Bazemore, it means replace Korver. If Hardaway Jr's shot translates for real (at 38-40% from 3) that's significant as maybe it forces Bud's hand?

The wings are going to end up being a timeshare, simply because Bazemore is very erratic and Korver can't create his own shot.

I have nothing against Hardaway Jr, but it needs to translate over a long haul (at least a month) before I buy.