• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Talk about Hawks University, where the hell did this version of Thabo come from?

NBASupes

17 hours ago, pimp said:

I'm not sure if it's Hawks  University or not, but if it is , then I recommend  that Bazemore goes back school,  and gets Thabo to tutor him.

White_Wallpaper_10_2.jpg

POTD, can't stop laughing.

Lololololol.   This is so true.

In OKC, Thabo was expected to play defense then stand in the corner and watch while Durant or Westbrook punded the ball then hopefully they got tripled team and he might get an open 3.

In Atlanta he is an itegral part of the offense. He has Buds confidence to make plays and shoot when open.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In OKC, Thabo was expected to play defense then stand in the corner and watch while Durant or Westbrook punded the ball then hopefully they got tripled team and he might get an open 3.

In Atlanta he is an itegral part of the offense. He has Buds confidence to make plays and shoot when open.

All that for sure. But even if he had more of a role in OKC I doubt he could do then what he is now. I think he is a very bright guy who is open to changes and embraced Bud and soaked everything up like a sponge and sharpened his ball handling and outside shooting the most. I always loved Thabo for his defense, attitude and hustle before but this surprising offense is awesome.

23 hours ago, pimp said:

I'm not sure if it's Hawks  University or not, but if it is , then I recommend  that Bazemore goes back school,  and gets Thabo to tutor him.

White_Wallpaper_10_2.jpg

Still funny, lololololol  lolololol.

Thabo is severely outplaying Bazemore right now that's for sure.

Take age out of the equation and there is no question Thabo is the better player all around.  

Bazes calling card was defense, Thabo has him beat there

Athleticism? Thabo is flying around on defense and throwing down reverse jams like he is 10 years younger

Handles? Thabo

Decision making? No contest, Thabo

Shooting? Before last year, they both sucked. Baze had an offseason to improve his stroke and Thabo didn't. Baze wins starting job as result. This year, Thabo was healthy and has come back knocking down 3s as good as anyone on the roster not named Korver. It's a tie now

10 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Remember when he was signed and a lot of folks on here poo-pooed the idea?  Good times. 

Yeah, a lot of us were thinking four million was too big of an investment in him being a sub and all. Times have really changed financially. Sometimes its really good to be wrong.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, a lot of us were thinking four million was too big of an investment in him being a sub and all. Times have really changed financially. Sometimes its really good to be wrong.

It is crazy how that was a questionable decision at the time and now looks great even if he was not as good as he is.  He will make some serious money this offseason.  Like you say, the landscape has changed tremendously.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Remember when he was signed and a lot of folks on here poo-pooed the idea?  Good times. 

I need to dig it up and re-post it, but I'll toot my own horn that I was suggesting Thabo months before Hawks signed him. I got some crazy looks from that one :blink:

• Like 2

More worried about Dennis passing the ball downcourt and expecting a great get and score. Heck he's shooting forty percent from three whether timely or not. When they back off of him he hits the two point jumper pretty well too. He's been working that jumper offseason and its smooth. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

More worried about Dennis passing the ball downcourt and expecting a great get and score. Heck he's shooting forty percent from three whether timely or not. When they back off of him he hits the two point jumper pretty well too. He's been working that jumper offseason and its smooth. 

i was mainly referring to when he brings the ball up passed half court ,  and just launching up a long jump shot up like he's S.Curry.