• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks release Edy ; Sign Ryan Kelly

JohnnyCASH

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

With the our recent history I would keep Edy over Tiago because you at least know Edy would be available for minutes on the floor. I'm sure we didn't want to eat Tiago's contract though.

Backup 5 is Musc.  Hump will play 5 in a pinch. Walter was never seeing time regardless of being available.

If anything, we should've tried to gussy Walter up to trade to a team like BOS who needs size.

This is the 1st time I've disagreed with you Thomas.  Let's not make it a habit.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Backup 5 is Musc.  Hump will play 5 in a pinch. Walter was never seeing time regardless of being available.

If anything, we should've tried to gussy Walter up to trade to a team like BOS who needs size.

This is the 1st time I've disagreed with you Thomas.  Let's not make it a habit.

My short term memory is pretty shaky so I'm going to take your word for it. Pretty funny comment either way though.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like Walter but losing him changes our team 0%.  Dang, I agreed with Diesel.  Lemme go take a shower. :happy:

Please...weird smell around here and I'm sure it's not Edy's big feet anymore...

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

My short term memory is pretty shaky so I'm going to take your word for it. Pretty funny comment either way though.

Does it make it more or less funny if I say I said it while pounding my fist into my hand?

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Please...weird smell around here and I'm sure it's not Edy's big feet anymore...

What?  He's a prospect.  Losing him is nothing to get too upset about.  The story here is picking up Kelly rather than a backup PG.

• Premium Member

He was slow at guarding the PnR which is something he could have gotten away with a few years ago, but with all of this small ball in the nba  Bigs are gonna have to be more mobile like KAT and Embiid to be highly coveted.

• Like 1

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So Kelly must kick serious tail in practice because otherwise assuming that Scott is with us Kelly is third string PF at best.

No matter who we get its third string ... we should have considered Archie Goodwin who can at least play a little point ... or maybe wait for Tyler Ennis to get released by Houston ... we already have plenty of bigs 

Not a good idea at all. You have to at least try to develop talent instead of farming it off, this really tells me Bud is not interested in developing players. Tiago Splitter is not going to be much of a factor IMO, he's going to get hurt again a month or two after he gets healthy.

If there was a D-League team, it'd make more sense.

I don't think Mike Scott is going to really be into it mentally until he gets his legal stuff resolved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

No matter who we get its third string ... we should have considered Archie Goodwin who can at least play a little point ... or maybe wait for Tyler Ennis to get released by Houston ... we already have plenty of bigs 

No he can't.  Ask his biggest fan, @AHF

And, considering our 1st and 2nd string points are young-ish, the 3rd guy has to be a vet (ideally).  That's why Jack was perfect.  A vet who has a mentor's rep and who doesn't expect to play starter's minutes.  A guy like Udrih or even old a** Prigioni would actually help us.  I wouldn't mind Kendall Marshall either.

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Archie Goodwin cannot handle the ball, he is a turnover waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not a good idea at all. You have to at least try to develop talent instead of farming it off, this really tells me Bud is not interested in developing players. Tiago Splitter is not going to be much of a factor IMO, he's going to get hurt again a month or two after he gets healthy.

If there was a D-League team, it'd make more sense.

I don't think Mike Scott is going to really be into it mentally until he gets his legal stuff resolved.

Budz is all about developing talent.  Walter was multiple years away.  He's not being "farmed" off.  He's not helping anybody right now whether he gets picked up or not.