• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks release Edy ; Sign Ryan Kelly

JohnnyCASH

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Not a good idea at all. You have to at least try to develop talent instead of farming it off, this really tells me Bud is not interested in developing players. Tiago Splitter is not going to be much of a factor IMO, he's going to get hurt again a month or two after he gets healthy.

You so silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Not a good idea at all. You have to at least try to develop talent instead of farming it off, this really tells me Bud is not interested in developing players. Tiago Splitter is not going to be much of a factor IMO, he's going to get hurt again a month or two after he gets healthy.

If there was a D-League team, it'd make more sense.

I don't think Mike Scott is going to really be into it mentally until he gets his legal stuff resolved.

Bud doesn't like players that play inside. He wants everyone to shoot soft ass jumpers. It's another reason why the Dwight experiment isn't going to last long.

I've seen Kelly do some good things on an NBA basketball court.  I have not seen any such events from Edy.  I'm cool with it.  He hadn't developed and shown a single great skill.

He seemed to have the temperament of a mute nun.  Not exactly ideal in the painted area where large crazy men like Steven Adams and Demarcus Cousins reside.

Edited by benhillboy

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Disappointed to say the least

Even if we were way off thinking he could develop a lot he does block shots whether awkwardly or not. There is value in that. A feel good story that just didn't make it to fruition. Scott's injury is definitely in the mix as well. If and when Tiago comes back I hope he can stay on the floor for us.  

• Like 1

Hate to see Edy go, but not surprising: D8, Splitter, Moose, Humph. Disappointed he didn't pan out, but Budcox knows better than us so I'll trust them. This is definitely becoming a team with Bud's stamp all over it, will only have himself to blame if it doesn't pan out. But I like the direction he's taking with Shredder, Bembry, and Prince and am stoked to see what kind of PFs and Cs he targets in upcoming drafts. Other than BPA, of course. Will be a young scrappy crew of his personal draft picks.

Just now, Thomas said:

Even if we were way off thinking he could develop a lot he does block shots whether awkwardly or not. There is value in that. A feel good story that just didn't make it to fruition. Scott's injury is definitely in the mix as well. If and when Tiago comes back I hope he can stay on the floor for us.  

I seen Kelly, he was better in some PS games than Moose. He definitely showed quality. But Edy has that major P word. This really is good for Tiago future in Atlanta more than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yet, Bud somehow won 120 games in two years of regular seasons with playoffs which no other Hawk's coach has ever done. So his thing hasn't cost us yet.  

Yet, his teams play like wusses in the playoffs against the best teams.

Hold up on that carwash, gentlemen: We haven't seen THIS scrappy team play in the playoffs yet.

37 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

LOL really? Are you calling out Kyle and Moose? 

I'm calling out Moose (he also brought over Kirk last year for no good reason).  Yeah, he had a decent game the other night, but he has always been that way. He will have some decent games while being marginal for most of them. Ryan Kelly is the same thing. Then we have Scott.  

Bud just isn't interested in players that will play inside. I find that to be really annoying. Oh well.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I seen Kelly, he was better in some PS games than Moose. He definitely showed quality. But Edy has that major P word. This really is good for Tiago future in Atlanta more than anything else.

Yep. He'll probably hold onto that goofy, gimpy bum. You'd think Bud would have figured out that Tiago will never be anything but a gimp, but he refuses to accept it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Haha.  I read that quote and was also taken waaaay aback.

Yeah, somebody's not paying attention are they :blink:

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Bud doesn't like players that play inside. He wants everyone to shoot soft ass jumpers. It's another reason why the Dwight experiment isn't going to last long.

Have we had anyone that was capable of playing inside consistently that changed their game to shoot? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yet, Bud somehow won 120 games in two years of regular seasons with playoffs which no other Hawk's coach has ever done. So his thing hasn't cost us yet.  

There were four games against the Cavs in the playoffs last year not one. We had the lead going into the fourth of two games, lost by one in the last one and competed well in three games total. No wusses in that.

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Have we had anyone that was capable of playing inside consistently that changed their game to shoot? 

Al became more and more soft under Bud, and so far the results aren't too good for Dwight. Then instead of developing a young big man with size he releases him and signs Ryan Kelly. I'm not going to say that Edy would be a superstar, but it doesn't feel like he was given much of a chance while a bum like Splitter will ride the bench for years because he can't stay healthy.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Yeah, the defense and passing are what change or the player doesn't make it to the floor under Bud. 

14 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Well, I wouldn't say it was their 'whiteness' that was the issue.  That said, I have no idea what people are liking about Kelly.  He's soft.  Totally soft.  Scott, for all his warts (which are basically the same warts as Kelly's) at least gives us something defensively.  Kelly doesn't.  Never has, never will.

• Premium Member

I liked Walter, but he would be useless against small ball teams. Look what happened to Tim Duncan last year, he was benched right before tip-off against the warriors when the press released that Bogut wasn't playing that game. Size doesn't mean talent.

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Then instead of developing a young big man with size he releases him and signs Ryan Kelly. I'm not going to say that Edy would be a superstar, but it doesn't feel like he was given much of a chance while a bum like Splitter will ride the bench for years because he can't stay healthy.

Actually do agree here. Hope I'm wrong about Tiago but if you judge results by the proof in the pudding then Tiago will be watching his teammates from the bench in street clothes.

• Like 1