• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

50 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Did to us late what he did to everybody in high school when he was at South Swinnett. He even passed the ball well last night. He and Russell made us look very lazy on defense. Felt that Dwight, Tim and Moose showed up but three is not enough players to win games at this level very often.

Dennis has this reputation of being a good defender.  Why not put him on Williams?  He is closer to Williams in speed and size than Bazemore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Got to sit behind a dude in a purple Laker #12 jersey. "HOWARD". Cute!

Happiest fans outside of Chicago yesterday (slash this morning) were in the Highlight Factory.

Perimeter and transition D was indeed pretty lousy throughout, which was a shame since it spoiled really nice offensive performances by D'Huit and Timmy.

So, hey... what Kirk Hinrich up to these days?

~lw3

Call Hinrich's agent right now.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Today's Drunk-in-Chat award goes to @TheFuzz

We called you a cab.  Get your stuff and get outta chat, Brough.

tAnks OMG its brite outside!

200w.gif#8

I dunno. Best believe I stayed in the bar a while after that game. Getting worked by Lou Williams will do that to you, I know at least two ladies who can attest to that.

www.complex.com/sports/2014/12/lou-williams-raptors-sg-two-girlfriends-jr-smith-impressed

Thank you, thank you, I'll be in the chat all week.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

tAnks OMG its brite outside!

200w.gif#8

I dunno. Best believe I stayed in the bar a while after that game. Getting worked by Lou Williams will do that to you, I know at least two ladies who can attest to that.

www.complex.com/sports/2014/12/lou-williams-raptors-sg-two-girlfriends-jr-smith-impressed

Thank you, thank you, I'll be in the chat all week.

:Bud: *burp* "Aye, we've all been there, bruh.  Sh*t, *burp* where my pants at?"

It seems a little crazy to think about it, but here's what the game was about:

Outside of PG in which both didn't play well, it was about the guards and SF outside of Hardaway Jr being outplayed. Straight up. Guys like Korver, Bazemore, and Sefolosha just got beat. Not surprising as while they have good attributes and work hard they aren't that talented.

12 hours ago, JTB said:

So unfair to put baze on a player on who's caught fire and expect baze to all of a sudden just stop him and put the fire out! Cant be mad at baze he's not the one that allowed him to get fired up like you said...Delaney was getting cooked first and way too much by the time baze got in the game.

But that's his job though.   Baze is looked upon to be the perimeter defensive stopper on the team.  He's guarded smaller players before and had success.

But how about giving Lou Williams some credit for last night.  While he wasn't "great" as a Hawk, he's had nights like last night before.  And Lou is a former 6th man of the Year winner in 2015.  Scoring in bunches is what that guy does.  And when he's on, very few people can stop him.

Heck, just tip your hat to the Lakers.  They had it cooking from the outside and their guards collectively played the best game I've ever seen them play.  They made some  tough shots as well.

116 points should've been an automatic win for the Hawks,  but it goes like that sometimes.

The next 4 games will be a challenge

@ Washington - vs Rockets - @ Cleveland - vs Bulls

4 totally different styles of play when playing those teams.  Let's see how the Hawks handle it.  I'd like them to at least go 3 - 1 in these next 4 games.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It seems a little crazy to think about it, but here's what the game was about:

Outside of PG in which both didn't play well, it was about the guards and SF outside of Hardaway Jr being outplayed. Straight up. Guys like Korver, Bazemore, and Sefolosha just got beat. Not surprising as while they have good attributes and work hard they aren't that talented.

This is why I think the kids are going to end up getting playing time as the season goes on.    Baze isn't playing well right now, so hopefully he'll get back on track to where he's at least decent on both ends of the floor.   Thabo is playing out of his mind right now, so you have to wonder when he's going to fall back to Earth.  

To me, Bud has to at least find minutes for Prince at some point in the season.  He's way too talented to be watching from the sidelines.  And Bembry will get minutes by default, if Delaney can't guard people.

I've already said that by January, both of these guys will be in the rotation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But that's his job though.   Baze is looked upon to be the perimeter defensive stopper on the team.  He's guarded smaller players before and had success.

But how about giving Lou Williams some credit for last night.  While he wasn't "great" as a Hawk, he's had nights like last night before.  And Lou is a former 6th man of the Year winner in 2015.  Scoring in bunches is what that guy does.  And when he's on, very few people can stop him.

Heck, just tip your hat to the Lakers.  They had it cooking from the outside and their guards collectively played the best game I've ever seen them play.  They made some  tough shots as well.

116 points should've been an automatic win for the Hawks,  but it goes like that sometimes.

The next 4 games will be a challenge

@ Washington - vs Rockets - @ Cleveland - vs Bulls

4 totally different styles of play when playing those teams.  Let's see how the Hawks handle it.  I'd like them to at least go 3 - 1 in these next 4 games.

And there it is...sometimes good offense just beats good defense but our defense last night was REALLY BAD.

Sooooo...anyone got an opinion on any of these guys..I listed this a few hours ago and got no response. What the hell is wrong with you people lol. Gimme some muthaf^ckn feedback lol

IMG_6622.PNG

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Sooooo...anyone got an opinion on any of these guys..I listed this a few hours ago and got no response. What the hell is wrong with you people lol. Gimme some muthaf^ckn feedback lol

IMG_6622.PNG

Everybody has you on ignore since you made a bet in chat and decided not to follow through. :laugh:

Seriously though, I only think Udrih and Mack would help us.  We're looking for consistent guys willing to defend, not just somebody looking to score all the time.  That cuts out Bayless, Augustin and Barbosa and Brooks.  I don't remember much about Watson.

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thabo is playing out of his mind right now, so you have to wonder when he's going to fall back to Earth.  

That might have just started last night. An ok stat line doesn't tell the whole story there. Absolutely agree about Prince soon (and Bembry later on if Bud doesn't help Delaney develop his defense pretty fast). Future is coming at us pretty fast. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Everybody has you on ignore since you made a bet in chat and decided not to follow through. :laugh:

Seriously though, I only think Udrih and Mack would help us.  We're looking for consistent guys willing to defend, not just somebody looking to score all the time.  That cuts out Bayless, Augustin and Barbosa and Brooks.  I don't remember much about Watson.

Hold it right there hombre. You never agreed to the deal of me changing my name or named what you would do had they won. The parameters of the deal were never established or agreed upon. Because I'm definitely a man who keeps his word on his bets, just ask @jy23.

Now, as far as defense goes my young and smelly friend @kg01...whatchu know about D huh?! You don't think the Brazilian blur can D up any? You don't remember much about Watson? Question is, do you remember anything? Lol. Agreed that defense is important but at the same time, I wouldn't mind a guy who can facilitate our 2nd unit. Delaney actually had 6 dimes so I'm not too mad yet. I'm just planning ahead, mainly for post all star break.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hold it right there hombre. You never agreed to the deal of me changing my name or named what you would do had they won. The parameters of the deal were never established or agreed upon. Because I'm definitely a man who keeps his word on his bets, just ask @jy23.

Now, as far as defense goes my young and smelly friend @kg01...whatchu know about D huh?! You don't think the Brazilian blur can D up any? You don't remember much about Watson? Question is, do you remember anything? Lol. Agreed that defense is important but at the same time, I wouldn't mind a guy who can facilitate our 2nd unit. Delaney actually had 6 dimes so I'm not too mad yet. I'm just planning ahead, mainly for post all star break.

@Spud2Nique IIRC It wasn't a bet......you willingly said I will change my name to kg02 if LAL win.  It was your bold proclamation.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2Nique IIRC It wasn't a bet......you willingly said I will change my name to kg02 if LAL win.  It was your bold proclamation.

Hmmm. I have a problem with this. I believe I made this alleged "bold statement" roughly in the early 2nd quarter stages of the game.

Now, isn't it true Mrs. @JayBirdHawk, that you were not present in the chat room at that particular time, and that if fact, you joined the chat room in the latter stages of the 2nd quarter? 

And isnt it also true Mrs. @JayBirdHawk, that much like Walter Sobchak states in the big Lebowski, that there cannot be a ransom if there is no hostage? So if @kg01 doesn't agree to anything, there is no bet. 

@kg01's lack of evidence is this trial is clearly missing. He doesn't even have a copy of the transcript in any form, not even a snapshot of the proceedings.

With all this missing in this particular case, we as the people of the jury, have no choice but to set spud free. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hmmm. I have a problem with this. I believe I made this alleged "bold statement" roughly in the early 2nd quarter stages of the game.

Now, isn't it true Mrs. @JayBirdHawk, that you were not present in the chat room at that particular time, and that if fact, you joined the chat room in the latter stages of the 2nd quarter? 

And isnt it also true Mrs. @JayBirdHawk, that much like Walter Sobchak states in the big Lebowski, that there cannot be a ransom if there is no hostage? So if @kg01 doesn't agree to anything, there is no bet. 

@kg01's lack of evidence is this trial is clearly missing. He doesn't even have a copy of the transcript in any form, not even a snapshot of the proceedings.

With all this missing in this particular case, we as the people of the jury, have no choice but to set spud free. 

Oh know, I was very present in chat for you bold statement.  I don't re-read chats so I am confident that I saw it.  Don;t make me look at the chat history.

Don't try and lawyer your way out.

Don't be a chicken...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Oh, go find a movie theater business to run into the ground, or something!

~lw3

Lol Magic. Magic could prolly convince me to buy anything.

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Oh, go find a movie theater business to run into the ground, or something!

~lw3

F*ck you, Ervin.  Have fun at the lottery again this year.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

F*ck you, Ervin.  Have fun at the lottery again this year.

Geez kg. You mad bro? Lol. Honestly, you can't get mad at Magic. He has a smile that would light up a tv screen  from here (Cali) to Bangor,Maine.-Brent Musky