• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Hawks where beat by themselves. In the 2nd quarter I already thought they play maybe at 80% against this scrub Lakers team and that continued troughout, if not even getting worse, thinking we will get them anyway.  And when then all their guards start making trickshots on top of their already good play, then you end up taken by suprise late in the game and it becomes hard to go from 80% to 110%. We should have demoralized them in the first half and take a 20 point lead. Oh well, sometimes such losses early in the season are good to get on planet earth again and conetemplate.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We squandered a monster game from Dwight scoring and more importantly going 7/10 from the freethrow line, an on fire THJr and the DEFENSE failed us BIG TIME in this one.   We scored 116 points, that's enough to win.  The rest of the starters struggled. - Millsap, Kyle, Baze and Dennis.

72 points for the Lakers in the 2nd half - that's not how we win games.

We also got out-rebounded for the first time this season - too many 2nd chance points for LAL.

At half time I said we needed to tighten the defense and fix the rebounding - It got worse.

http://www.espn.com/nba/matchup?gameId=400899509

Why does BSPN say we out rebounded them?

• Moderators

We gave up 72 second half points.   They only made 9 3s the whole game and had 25 fast break points.    Just bad, terrible defense on our part.    There is really no other thing.  

Dwight had a great game but i don't understand why his hands aren't up on defense.   Often guys get shots up over him with his hands down by his side.   He seems to play for the rebound rather than contesting the shot.   

• Like 3

• Moderators

To me what we have to keep in perspective is that we still have a team of somewhat limited talent.    Dennis, Sap, Dwight, and (i'll get killed for this) Hardaway have exceptional NBA talent.  I'm not saying they are consistent or great all the time but they have the physical tools.   Everyone else are guys who are really good at one or two aspects of the game and work their asses off in a great system.   

So I don't so much care that we laid an egg last night but it did make obvious that we still don't have the talent to be a contender this year without a trade.   I think we'll be really good and maybe someone will take a big leap but other than the rookies we pretty much know what we have.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To me what we have to keep in perspective is that we still have a team of somewhat limited talent.    Dennis, Sap, Dwight, and (i'll get killed for this) Hardaway have exceptional NBA talent.  I'm not saying they are consistent or great all the time but they have the physical tools.   Everyone else are guys who are really good at one or two aspects of the game and work their asses off in a great system.   

So I don't so much care that we laid an egg last night but it did make obvious that we still don't have the talent to be a contender this year without a trade.   I think we'll be really good and maybe someone will take a big leap but other than the rookies we pretty much know what we have.  

You're pathetic....sorry I meant, prophetic...

:-|

I agree. 

No way near panicking but also looking at some trades to net us a valuable VETERAN backup point. Again, not writing Delaney off, just looking for now.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

You're pathetic....sorry I meant, prophetic...

:-|

I agree. 

No way near panicking but also looking at some trades to net us a valuable VETERAN backup point. Again, not writing Delaney off, just looking for now.

And I'm happy to see Hardaway coming on strong but Korver, Baze, Thabo are the wings that have struggled for us against elite competition the last couple years.   Korver and Thabo being healthy and Baze growing will be good but we can't expect them to all of sudden start playing at an all star level.     That's ok with Sap and Dwight can carry us and we play good defense but not having a real scoring wing in this league is tough.   

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Our most talented players other than what you named is Bembry and Prince in this system. Their rookies. Other than that, we gonna have to wait. This ain't a championship team and probably won't be next year but 2018-19 could be our year.

Yup. Agreed that Baze, Thabo and Korver are holding down the wing spot but not all stars and it hurts at times. Also agree that Prince and Bembry are those guys. Despite being rookies, I was/am hoping Bud starts giving them some burn.  Just sayin. 

Also, looked at all the rosters in the league and came up with some point guards that could be available if needed for us. Again, just looking...

IMG_6622.PNG

10 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Lou Williams All-Star.LOL.  He looks like a skinny Ron  Artest.

Did to us late what he did to everybody in high school when he was at South Gwinnett. He even passed the ball well last night. He and Russell made us look very lazy on defense. Felt that Dwight, Tim and Moose showed up but three is not enough players to win games at this level very often.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dwight had a great game but i don't understand why his hands aren't up on defense.   Often guys get shots up over him with his hands down by his side.   He seems to play for the rebound rather than contesting the shot.   

Wonder if some of that is a fear of fouling out. Even against Philly he was called for a couple of fouls and his arms were straight up. Don't think its just the homer in me thinking the refs have an automatic whistle when he contests shots sometimes. He should stop beefing to them as much and see if it possibly helps with those calls. Stats say he had four fouls last night.

• Moderators

Got to sit behind a dude in a purple Laker #12 jersey. "HOWARD". Cute!

Happiest fans outside of Chicago yesterday (slash this morning) were in the Highlight Factory.

Perimeter and transition D was indeed pretty lousy throughout, which was a shame since it spoiled really nice offensive performances by D'Huit and Timmy.

So, hey... what Kirk Hinrich up to these days?

~lw3

• Like 2