• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

If Teague was still on the team he would have helped us in the final minutes of the game.     Starting to regret I bought a ticket for the Rockets game Saturday,

:laugh: I've seen that movie before.................you mean by not getting a shot off. 

Nice game thread lw3!!! I just read it now and watched the game on delay. I'm mad that the Cubs won it all. For someone like me whose a lifelong Atlanta Hawks and Braves and Detroit Lions fan, it really stinks. After reading the game thread I went into full Annie Wilkes from Misery depression mode. (At least that's what my gf observed). 

Lions in 1957, Atlanta Hawks never. Braves should have 3 or 4 and at least 2, but 95 was it. Hey, at least I got 1.

Also had no idea Bob Ferry was the architect behind the Bullets in the late 70's. I guess I was introduced to Bob Ferry when NBC took the NBA rights from CBS in 89 or 90. They featured a rumor segment on the show where Bob Ferry and Peter Vecsey would sit around like a couple of teenage girls and gossip about whether or not the Bucks should trade Ricky Pierce to the Sonics for Dale Ellis. Back then as a young teen, this brief 5 minute segment with these insiders would be one of the few rumor outlets available to me. Even then I though Bob and Pete were weird. Lol. I guess I was just always waiting for a Hawks rumor from them that never came, like,

"The Hawks are discussing a Jeff Hornacek for John Battle, Cliff Levingston and a 2nd round pick." Or possible a blockbuster, Hawks send Kevin Willis, Doc Rivers and a future 1st to the Blazers for Clyde Drexler. Or Akeem Olajuwon."

Unfortunately, those trades were never made, we never got Nique a necessary second fiddle superstar and we never won the title.  

Perhaps my gf was accurate with the Annie Wilkes from Misery description as she caught me talking to myself while watching the Hawks on delay and  saying.

"I thought you were good Paul(Millsap not Sheldon), but you're not good, you're just an old dirty birdy."

I might have also yelled.." HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE PAINT." (Gortat, 3 second violation)

So lw3, I hope you don't take this the wrong way when I say that I'm your #1 fan.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can someone please tell our players TO STOP COMPLAINING TO THE REFS!!!!!

All you Squawkers with the 'tweety bird thingy" - tweet them to stop it.

IMG_6634.GIF

New season, same abysmal final shot opportunities. At this point just give it to THJ. If someone is going to dribble around and throw one up then he's our best bet. I was saying Bazemore should get more chances last year, but that was back when he still made shots on occasion. 

It speaks to how bad Washington is that the game even came down to the final possession. It sucks dropping games that you basically have to try to lose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh: I've seen that movie before.................you mean by not getting a shot off. 

Teage made some boneheaded plays but he is still more clutch than Dennis down the stretch when you need baskets.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not saying much.  

teagueretires.gif

All star challenge games don't count.  At least we did not have to worry about Teague getting his layup attempt  blocked by mediocre players like TarikBlack and even Nick Collison.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The biggest "not getting a shot off"  game ever will always be the one game we had a chance of winning against Cleveland last season playoffs.  Schröder pounds the ball, waits too long, passes up an open 10 footer, and drives into the crowd and gets the ball shoved down his throat.  The was one of the most memorable failures that I can recall.  He's getting his shot off some this year, but when he does, it's usually a bricked layup off the glass that doesn't even draw iron.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ Baze and Kyle being scoreless through 3 quarters.  

Bud . . . give the kids a chance.

I would have to agree.  If Baze and Korver clearly can't get it going, what have you got to lose by giving Prince a chance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

'Member when Jeff Teague decided that he was going to dribble for 10 seconds when he was against Isaiah Thomas in the playoffs and not even get a shot off?

Member?

That was a stupid play, but at least he didn't pass up an open 10 footer in order to challenge Lebron at the rim.

Edited by Watchman

I know that five games makes a stat line pretty much premature but in defense of Dennis these stats below are what Jeff has done so far % wise. Jeff has a PER of less than eight and Dennis has a PER of over fourteen. Careful what you wish for. 

5 31.2 3.0-12.2 .246 0.4-3.6 .111 3.4-4.6 .739 3.8 7.0 0.0 2.2 2.2 3.0 9.8

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Watchman said:

That was a stupid play, but at least he didn't pass up an open 10 footer in order to challenge Lebron at the rim.

Of course, there's a reason Jeff didn't get a(nother) chance, too.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

The biggest "not getting a shot off"  game ever will always be the one game we had a chance of winning against Cleveland last season playoffs.  Schröder pounds the ball, waits too long, passes up an open 10 footer, and drives into the crowd and gets the ball shoved down his throat.  The was one of the most memorable failures that I can recall.  He's getting his shot off some this year, but when he does, it's usually a bricked layup off the glass that doesn't even draw iron.

mmmm....... I wonder where Teague was in lieu of Dennis on that play.

Oh wait.....on the bench. :ninja:

I guess a good measure by the end of the season would be are we in a better place with Dennis, Delaney and Prince than with Jeff, Dennis and no Delaney or Prince. Jeff was getting benched at some eyebrow raising times last year. This probably can be revisited for several years and I'm betting on the Hawks coming out pretty well.