• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Give me three good reasons why Bazemore and Korver should still start?

NBASupes

Man I'm also disappointed with Sap through the last couple of games.

He does way too much iso and has a sh*t shot selection. He cant dribble the ball and plays bad d. 

I mean hes still better than Kyle and Baze but that doesnt mean much atm lol. Im just mad at him because hes able to be way better and just doesnt play up to my expectations

6 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Man I'm also disappointed with Sap through the last couple of games.

He does way too much iso and has a sh*t shot selection. He cant dribble the ball and plays bad d. 

I mean hes still better than Kyle and Baze but that doesnt mean much atm lol. Im just mad at him because hes able to be way better and just doesnt play up to my expectations

His good defense last year had everything to do with Horford. I am sick of him. I would trade him to Minnesota for Levine or Phoenix for Chriss and Brandon Knight. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, Lurker said:

Maybe the Hawks could go to a regular defense that doesn't require as much helping if they let it go with Kyle Korver? They won't but they need to let go not just because of that.

It was one thing when Kyle was hitting nearly half of his 3's a few years ago... But Kyle shooting  35-38% in 3's doesn't justify him starting.

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore is a plus defender but is he even as good as Thabo? 

Korver is good for spacing but he never gets on open anymore. 

Coach Bud likes them I guess. 

Once again, we got the worst starting wings in the NBA. 

May need to try Baze at SG. I think Thabo brings energy off the bench.

Yeah, Korver need to come off the bench. Teams have figured him out.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His good defense last year had everything to do with Horford. I am sick of him. I would trade him to Minnesota for Levine or Phoenix for Chriss and Brandon Knight. 

Lol I'd prefer Morris. 

Edited by BigDog90
  • Like 1

My issue with Kyle has always been that he has to be able to get up his shots and make them.  Kyle being held to 4 - 5 shots a game doesn't help us, unless he's making  4 threes.   But on nights like tonight, where he's ice cold, he's a complete liability.

Kyle now has to be severely judged on what he is producing offensively, and what he is giving up defensively.

I was hoping to go into this weekend 5 - 0, just in case the Hawks falter in these next 3 games coming up.  Now I just hope we're not 3 - 5 by this time next week.

After the Philly game, the Hawks play 8 of their next 10 games on the road, with the last 4 being out West . . which includes Golden St.

Play the kids, Bud.

My issue with Kyle has always been that he has to be able to get up his shots and make them.  Kyle being held to 4 - 5 shots a game doesn't help us, unless he's making  4 threes.   But on nights like tonight, where he's ice cold, he's a complete liability.

Kyle now has to be severely judged on what he is producing offensively, and what he is giving up defensively.

I was hoping to go into this weekend 5 - 0, just in case the Hawks falter in these next 3 games coming up.  Now I just hope we're not 3 - 5 by this time next week.

After the Philly game, the Hawks play 8 of their next 10 games on the road, with the last 4 being out West . . which includes Golden St.

Play the kids, Bud.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bazemore can't buy a basket. I said that was bad contract, everyone retorted with but that's the market blah, blah. If you think 0-7 on zero points is worth 17.5 million a year then I don't know what to tell you. Good players do not struggle this much, not even on a bad night.

He's not a shot creator

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bazemore can't buy a basket. I said that was bad contract, everyone retorted with but that's the market blah, blah. If you think 0-7 on zero points is worth 17.5 million a year then I don't know what to tell you. Good players do not struggle this much, not even on a bad night.

Well actually with his contract he could buy a bucket and then some.

That's my one and isn't issue with Bud and this team. Players like Baze and Kyle are starters not because they are that much better than the guys behind them. Baze got a starting gig because his only competition was coming off a major surgery and needed time to get back to 100%. Thabo has been outplaying Baze going back to last year but somehow he is now too valuable to come off the bench? Puhlease. Kyle wouldn't start on ANY other team in the NBA yet we are the only team that needs him to start because of "spacing".

Thabo brings way more energy with great basketball savvy and hustle plays and decision making, not just running and jumping and pretending to be a good defender. Seriously, besides a few occasional chase down blocks Baze is not a good man defender, it's all activity with no results. His man usually burns us. He needs to sit and watch Thabo more to understand when and how to take chances.

Kyle is a shooter. That's it. He can't create, he can't make good passes with defenders in his face, he can't dribble more than 3 feet.  Why is he averaging more minutes than guys who can contribute in more ways. If he is on, he is a lethal weapon, we know this. But so does the rest of the NBA. He is priority one for our opponents but guess what? He can be stopped with just 1 defender. He doesn't open up anything for others because he is  not a real threat to take advantage of tight defense. 

Timmy can at least beat a defender off the dribble if he plays tight or drive and kick to the open man. All Kyle can do is shoot or pass it right back to whoever just passed to him. We call that hot potatoe

Lets bring Bazes "energy" off the bench to give us a lift when we need it. Let's allow Kyle to be a 6th man sniper secret weapon off the bench, not the sole focus of our entire offense 

• Like 4

Hard to get a win when your best perimeter shooter doesn't hit a shot until the last minute of a game. Dennis feeding Dwight more effectively was about the only thing other than the play of Moose that was fun to watch in this game. Thabo bounced back ok from his way off game against the Lakers. Just overall uncomfortable to watch and we're still fighting through a lot of awkwardness.