• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coach Bud is becoming a problem

StephenHawking

I have no problem with 4-2.  It's the Wizards and Lakers I take issue with.  Rest assured no one had a bigger issue than Bud.  We beat Cleveland and I'm a happy boy.  

I must say I'm enjoying all these easy second chance opportunities.  Let's Go Dwight.

I haven't seen much of any games this year, just bits, pieces, and radio calls.  Our transition D hasn't been affected has it?  I've seen Bud allow Hump and Sap to go for ORs as well but Dwight just seems to magnetize them shits.  

To his credit he tried to downplay his back injury the past couple years while many critics felt it was minimally to blame for his unspirited play.  Looking at him this season he's a different player.  He was clearly f&@ked up.  

I used to think his rebounding prowess was mostly due to his phenomenal jumping and shoulder width.  Now I see up close and consistently he hustles and has exceptional timing and ball skills to complement his physique.  Sometimes though he feels he doesn't even need to block out, a habit I wish he'd break.  

I've never cared for dude but I'm pleasantly surprised so far.  If his shots are efficient and in the flow I don't mind the poor foul shooting.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Got to admit you're right about that.

It kind of just frustrates me that it costs us winnable games to get them going instead of sticking to the hot hand and really win those games.

Other than that, what about Buds playcalls in crunchtime? I mean its not that big of an issue but to me its a big reason why the Hawks are considered as not clutch

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Got to admit you're right about that.

It kind of just frustrates me that it costs us winnable games to get them going instead of sticking to the hot hand and really win those games.

Other than that, what about Buds playcalls in crunchtime? I mean its not that big of an issue but to me its a big reason why the Hawks are considered as not clutch

Unclutch players.

Sometimes it the players execution - tight sphincters.

• Moderators

If Thabo was starting everyone would be screaming that he's not starter material.    Same with Tim.   I think Tim will one day be the starting SG but right now Kyle and Baze are fine.   They are what they are which is solid.     I have questions about if Baze will be able to make another jump in this league but let's at least find out.   Thabo isn't the answer as a starter.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
On November 8, 2016 at 1:13 AM, macdaddy said:

If Thabo was starting everyone would be screaming that he's not starter material.    Same with Tim.   I think Tim will one day be the starting SG but right now Kyle and Baze are fine.   They are what they are which is solid.     I have questions about if Baze will be able to make another jump in this league but let's at least find out.   Thabo isn't the answer as a starter.   

Qft.  We have no wings that are consistent plus two-way guys.  Korver and Thabo generally give plus efforts on one end and adequate on the other.  You can reliably predict Korver will have a serious plus perimeter shot over the season and draw tons of attention while Thabo will deliver excellent perimeter D.  Tim is up and down on O and subpar on D.  On O, two great games, one good and five bad leading to a solid fg% and career worst 3pt% through the first 8.  Baze has struggled on offense since mid season last year after a great first half on both ends.  Really needs to develop his handles.  Prince stands out as a guy who could surpass that front 4 as early as his year but he needs to get some time in Bud's system before he'll be trusted.  Hopeful on Bembry long term but his broken jumper means he is in development land for Bud.

In short - there is no magic bullet on the wings for this team but our prospects are much better for 2016-17 than they were last year.

13 hours ago, AHF said:

Tim is up and down on O and subpar on D.  On O, two great games, one good and five bad leading to a solid fg% and career worst 3pt% through the first 8.  Baze has struggled on offense since mid season last year after a great first half on both ends.  Really needs to develop his handles.

:no2:

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Lurker said:

I want to believe with Hardaway Jr, I really do. But on offense he's still similar to what he has always been other than being more unselfish than what he used to be. 80% of the shots he takes are good but he's extremely streaky.

I think the key is eliminating those bad 20%.   He almost always misses shots that he has no business taking.   His ability to drive and take guys off the dribble is going to be much needed by this team.   He's got to get that FT percentage up though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think the key is eliminating those bad 20%.   He almost always misses shots that he has no business taking.   His ability to drive and take guys off the dribble is going to be much needed by this team.   He's got to get that FT percentage up though.

Needs that 3pt% up as well.  I believe in his free throw percentage being strong by season end.  His 3 is really important if he is this heir to Korver that some people are seeing.  Can't imagine pairing Dennis with a sg who shoots 35% or less from deep.  Spacing would really suffer.

Tim has been a poor 3pt shooter overall, but if you look at his shot chart as a Hawk, he has been really good from the right corner. He's 4/4 this season and I think 12/22 last season (counting X's and O's on BBRef). Maybe it's a coincidence (SSS and all), but maybe he should concentrate more of his 3's in that area and otherwise focus more on getting good looks from 2. We don't need him to be a 3pt bomber to be valuable. I've been impressed by his drives this season.