• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Nice win. I was a bit worried in the first half of the game but we stuck with the plan and came out with a much needed huge win. Kudos to Baze on a great bounce back game as well. Our starters were great as well as our super 6th man of the year, Thabo! Woohoo Hawks!!!!

9 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I recall, in Thabo's exit interview last spring, that one of his offseason priorities was transitioning to play more of the 4. Wasn't thrilled with the prospect, but it looks like it wasn't just his idea.

~lw3

Makes sense considering Mike Scott is only 1.25 inches taller than Thabo, and while Scott might be a tad thicker they have similar builds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

She actually has some great insight.  Good teachings @kg01!!!

Not to be outdone, kg02 chimes in ...

- #8 is all about the dunks (Howard)

- I like the Kyle guy.  He can make 3's.

This is them talking to each other, btw.

Edited by kg01

Like I said, I want to see how this team matches up against the Cavaliers, even if its a loss. I don't think this team is ready yet to try to challenge the top teams in the league though, due to turnovers and not just from the point guard position.

And if the Hawks think that putting in a better rim protector and rebounder and slight upgrade defensively at PG is going to help Korver against this team, they need to think again. It won't. I already know it won't and I don't need to see a second of this game.

Dennis may shoot poorly but if it's his choice, he's not going to curl up into a cocoon against Kyrie and stop competing as best as he can from possession to possession.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Like I said, I want to see how this team matches up against the Cavaliers, even if its a loss. I don't think this team is ready yet to try to challenge the top teams in the league though, due to turnovers and not just from the point guard position.

And if the Hawks think that putting in a better rim protector and rebounder and slight upgrade defensively at PG is going to help Korver against this team, they need to think again. It won't. I already know it won't and I don't need to see a second of this game.

Dennis may shoot poorly but if it's his choice, he's not going to curl up into a cocoon against Kyrie and stop competing as best as he can from possession to possession.

Is that what you said?   I could have sworn you said this:

Kent Bazemore is going to let James Harden drop a fifty burger.

• Like 3