• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Scott hearing postponed -- no new date given

sturt

• Premium Member

2016-11-11_1553.png

So, two thoughts.

[1] I suppose one could conjecture from this that Mike's going to make it through the season with his eligibility intact after all--just the first of as many continuances as it takes... and...

[2] Why are we learning this only after the 11/7 date from the beat writer? I mean, it's public record, right? How hard can it be? I dunno.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sturt said:

[2] Why are we learning this only after the 11/7 date from the beat writer? I mean, it's public record, right? How hard can it be? I dunno.

I'm told...

Actually I'm not told anything from CViv anymore since I tried to educate him on how attendance is calculated at home games :bang:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

But once again... ANY conviction automatically results in NBA suspension, per the CBA. He could get fined $5 and probation for one day, and it's still the same thing.

If he gets off, it's going to require the county dropping the molly charge altogether. I suppose that's possible.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Prepare for this to go away with a whimper. As it should.

I don't know about going away, but if it's all reduced to the weed charge, there's significantly less impact.

You say "as it should." To me, that would be an indictment of our system. You don't give a guy a freebee b/c he's famous or rich. This isn't like a circumstantial evidence thing, this is caught red-handed and with a confession. That's all just Justice 101, imo, and if it goes away with a whimper, we fail.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Not so fast.

First impressions: Mike made a big mistake but he seems like a stand-up guy looking out for his little brother above all else. As a live and let live guy, regarding drugs, I hope he gets out of this okay- nevermind his Hawks/NBA future.

• Moderators
On 11/12/2016 at 9:04 AM, sturt said:

I don't know about going away, but if it's all reduced to the weed charge, there's significantly less impact.

You say "as it should." To me, that would be an indictment of our system. You don't give a guy a freebee b/c he's famous or rich. This isn't like a circumstantial evidence thing, this is caught red-handed and with a confession. That's all just Justice 101, imo, and if it goes away with a whimper, we fail.

I like the sentiment but that ship sailed a long time ago in the criminal law arena as well as many others.

On 11/13/2016 at 0:23 PM, capstone21 said:

As it should?  He said he was guilty of a major felony ... it shouldn't go away but it probably will

"Major felony"? This isn't murder one. It's possession of drugs in an amount that is a misdemeanor in other states. If he was caught in PA, it wouldn't even be a thing. Any good lawyer will get him reduced. His immediate cooperation alone on a victim-less crime is enough to get him a ton of headway. 

As an aside, Harrisburg just reduced weed to a ticket (and it is still not legal in the state). The people decided the police had better things to do. 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

"Major felony"? This isn't murder one. It's possession of drugs in an amount that is a misdemeanor in other states. If he was caught in PA, it wouldn't even be a thing. Any good lawyer will get him reduced. His immediate cooperation alone on a victim-less crime is enough to get him a ton of headway. 

As an aside, Harrisburg just reduced weed to a ticket (and it is still not legal in the state). The people decided the police had better things to do. 

Major was a stretch but it was a felony