• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

"Hawks: Atlanta began the night ranked second in field-goal percentage, third in assists, first in turnovers forced, second in points off turnovers and seventh in rebounding. ... They ranked 24th in rebounding last season, but the presence of Howard, the NBA's active leader in career rebounds, has paid off in his first Hawks season."

And 31st in turnovers per game

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dwight Howard praised Bud for getting on him when he does something wrong and demanding more when he does something right.

Roget's suggests the proper antonym to use for this is, "D'Antoning".

~lw3

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And 31st in turnovers per game

Now why you gotta poop on a parade?

I think the TOs will get better as the season goes on and Dennis gets used to putting in starter minutesand the rest of the team coalesces.

Much higher hope with them being tops in creating TOs than concern over them being most TO prone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

More on this in Tuesday's next Game Thread, but going all the way back to Tri-Cities (1949-50), the Hawks' all-time franchise regular-season record, following tonight's win, is:

2,657 wins

2,658 losses

~lw3

I believe that we use to be over .500 until that Jr Rider trade started a 9 year playoff drought, 

• Like 2

Just finished watching. We are a vet saavy team that understands it takes 48 minutes. They got down early but kept their composure. Kudos to Bud and the staff for always having the players prepared and to the players for being prepared.

Also, I remember a thread a while back with people having concerns about Delaney and I said he'd be a fan favorite by all star break. He might have just won a few fans over tonight! 

We are 7-2 now and tied for 2nd in the east with the Raptors. Let's celebrate this one and be ready for a struggling  but hungry 2-6 Heat team in Miami on Tuesday.

Again shout out to Malcolm and Timmy and Hump and Korver. Weeeeeeezzzaaa deep team here folks!

GO HAWKIESSSSSS!!!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Another game, another win. THJ is officially a man now.

He still needs consistency badly.  He beasted last night from 3 as he has done two other times in 9 games and left with a sub-35% on the season.  He has hugely stepped up his offense on a prorated basis over the first 9 games with the three big games he has had but I'd like it better if it wasn't one of those things where he has a huge night that pulls up the stinker or two that followed the last big one.  Want it to be something where you had a clue what his jumper would do before the game started.

Kudos to the improvement but work still remains.  The good news is he is actually having multiple big games this season.

Its nice that Tim can handle the ball pretty well giving us an option when time is running down or we just look ugly on offense. Delaney is looking better and better for us as well. Great scouting job there. A good twenty plus point win that Spud called early.

• Like 2

We finally got to see 3rd string PG in trash minutes last night. Question being was it THJr or Bembry? They both brought the ball up and were pointing/barking out directions. DEEEEEEEP

• Like 4