• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

LET'S NAME OUR SECOND UNIT !!

Gray Mule

The answer:  Some should be starters.  Good.  No problem here.

However:

Regardless of which five players start, we have five who are the bench five. 

Maybe more than five.  This is the unit, the non starters, regardless of who they are,

that I'm trying to come up with a name.  Something catchy and easy to remember.

I still remember those Chinese Bandits from long, long ago.  This was before many

of you were born, so it's been a while.

Give this some serious consideration.  I know we can come up with the ideal solution.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I slept on this one last night, and woke up with "The Finishers!"

Which is probably an indication I need more ZZZZZ's.

Anyway, as per NBA Stats, the Hawks bench Net Rating sits at +18.2. Next-highest are those mighty Timberwolves (Adreian??!?) with +9.0.

The reserves' defensive rating is an NBA-best and downright ridiculous 91.2. Among teams playing at a pace 100 possessions per-48 and above (Hawks bench at 103.0), the closest team in D-Rating to the Hawks are those pesky Lakers (Louuuuuu!!?!) at 100.0.

Their plus/minus of +6.8 is best approached by the Raptors' (Bebe!?!?!) +2.8.

We about to lose all our assistant coaches! And probably the scouts, too!

~lw3

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I'm just gonna call them...the bench.

Did anybody else hear Chauncey Billups on NBA TV last night saying Toronto is a better team than us because they are a deeper team? Lol I about facepalmed thru my head.

That's a case of 'I didn't/don't believe in the Hawks so now I have to make it fit' analysis.  I posted yesterday that some eggsperts were saying TOR showed their the 2nd best team in the East 'cause it was a "good loss" to CLE.  Apparently their "good loss" was more impressive than our win.

I don't even get upset at their nonsense anymore.  Keep winnin' and dey'll learn.