• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who is your all time favorite Non-Nique Atlanta Hawk player?

Sothron

Who is your all time favorite non-Nique Hawk player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I know that after a long 9 years of missing the playoffs, it was this guy, and specifically this game, that restored my passion for this team.  One of my main regrets as a fan is that I wasn't there to see this live.  I saw Game 3 and Game 6 in person, but not Game 4.

It's a shame that this dude's legacy as a Hawk is tarnished by one comment after a frustrating playoff beatdown.  He didn't have to come here.  He could've stayed out West and played with a Hall of Famer.  But he came here, for the chance to build something for himself.   He did that.  And built the foundation for this team that we still stand on, despite not having a championship.

As a Hawks fan, I will be forever grateful for this moment, and what he did for this franchise.  He made us relevant again.

• Like 2

Good clip. He helped wash some of the stink of Billy Knight and Woody away as well as a whole lot of losing. Was great fun watching against the Green in that seven game series until the last game slaughter. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/20/2016 at 4:59 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All I know that after a long 9 years of missing the playoffs, it was this guy, and specifically this game, that restored my passion for this team.  One of my main regrets as a fan is that I wasn't there to see this live.  I saw Game 3 and Game 6 in person, but not Game 4.

It's a shame that this dude's legacy as a Hawk is tarnished by one comment after a frustrating playoff beatdown.  He didn't have to come here.  He could've stayed out West and played with a Hall of Famer.  But he came here, for the chance to build something for himself.   He did that.  And built the foundation for this team that we still stand on, despite not having a championship.

As a Hawks fan, I will be forever grateful for this moment, and what he did for this franchise.  He made us relevant again.

I like Joe and that was an amazing game.   It wasn't that one comment though.   I felt he was ill-suited to be the primary scorer for a winning team but that's really what he wanted more than anything.  I primarily blame our dysfunctional ownership for failing to make good moves when Joe was here.   But the year that Bosh/Wade/Lebron all took less to create a juggernaut, Joe took the max and we continued on with the Joe and spare parts show.    You can't blame Joe for taking the money sure, but it sure played a big role in creating some middle tier teams.