• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

There was some jackleg in chat saying STTE, "Duh, now all we need is for Davis ta get hurt agin, blah, blah ..."

Of course 2 plays later dude gets hurt and the rout was on.

Karma man, folks gotta respeck it.

• Premium Member

Korver played a solid game.  He single-handedly made multiple defensive stops throughout the game and shot 4/5 from 3.  Not sure what else you can expect.

What about Baze that got burned for 12 in the first quarter by Moore and went 0-6??????????

P.S.

Chat is hilarious.  Thanks for the good time @Lurker, @MaceCase, @kg01.  Made this terrible game a little more palatable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Just an ugly performance

Dennis was was absolutely owned tonight by a guy who wasn't even drafted. Tim Frazier was passing the ball and setting his teammates up beautifully. And when he wasn't  passing, he was blowing by Dennis.

No need to even comment on Baze anymore.  I have made it known I hated we gave him that deal instead of letting him walk and starting the guy we used a lotto pick on

Korver looks washed

Delaney looks like a 3rd pg rather than the back up

Crazy how the Hawks got rid of guys who were supposedly part of the reason they came out lethargic and slow yet here we are . new season, new players, same issue

I think this game was a trap game. They got Indy today and Teague said some not so nice things about them during the offseason. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

and for a guy (Dennis)  that is supposed to be so much better defensively, guards are having no trouble beating him off the dribble or just out muscling him. There were times tonight were he didn't attempt to move his feat and Frazier just blew by him

They can't go around him, so they go through him. DS17 needs to hit the weights.

I hate to be a Mizzy but this losing streak to 3 mediocre (or much worse) teams just confirms to me that this team as currently constructed isn't championship-contention ready, but what else is new.  I wouldn't get caught up in any perceived matchup advantage versus Cleveland up front.

No amount of gelling time or grace period is gonna make our starting 1, 2, and 3's extremely limited skill sets mesh together any better.  My money is on Bud not making any permanent changes to the starting lineup at any time this season.  Why not, only God knows.  

Kent is a great guy to have in the locker room.  I just could never understand why he was considered a FA prize, let alone a "max" guy.

Let's Go Anyway.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

OUR OWN LOTTERY BOUND HAWKS ?

Trying to point out the obvious mistake of some "experts" who have

made this claim.  Now, over the past three games, it has looked like

that our Hawks are, indeed, lottery bound.

How is it that a team with 4 victories for the season can hit 70% of

their shots in the 1st quarter?  And, they were shooting a lot from

the downtown connector for 3!  Getting behind by 20 in the first few

minutes sealed our doom.

In New York, the Hawks acted like they had been overindulging in adult

beverages and were seeing two baskets and usually shooting at the wrong

one.  Then, against the Pelicans, they had all the symptoms of a terrible

hangover.

Was this our real Hawk team that we were seeing as they drove for and

achieved 1st place in the east?  Or, is this, the pitiful excuse for an NBA

team, that has been on the floor for the past three games?

Has this been a huge bump in the road or, is this the beginning of the end?

It's not just one player.  It's the entire team.  They act like they couldn't find

their own hind end with a flashlight and a roadmap!

If these Hawks have any ego left, now would be a nice time to awaken from

this coma.  Lay off the booze and hit the energy drinks.  Do something!

Enough of this crap.  Quit looking like:

OUR OWN LOTTERY BOUND ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 4

• Moderators

I just realized Ipecac syrup isn't legal anymore! Ah, well, last night's replays will have to do.

If you get a chance at all, please listen to the radio play-by-play featuring Holman and Conti covering The Proposal! Radio gold.

Before I hit the road, just four words...

Kooninball. Still. CRUSHING. It.

~lw3

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I think this game was a trap game. They got Indy today and Teague said some not so nice things about them during the offseason. 

Huh

Jeff did nothing but praise coach Bud. He talked about how great he was for his career and how Bud trusted him

He gave the fans a lot of love too. Saying how they supported him since the day he was drafted and saying how great they were

Other than the knee injury tweet, Jeff said nothing but good things about the team and fans

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Prince shows up when he is on the court so surely more consistent minutes are around the corner. Yeah ok maybe not. Takes a lot to move Bud an inch most times but with Prince actually hitting a couple of threes last night the only thing lacking previously from him on the floor just woke up. Like everyone said Baze just looks rough right now. Hope he gains any form of good consistency asap. With the way its looking right now its going to be harder and harder to keep Prince off the floor.

Godspeed.  I much rather see him take his lumps and grow because of them than Baze taking his lumps and just clumsily applying ice to them.  I can't lie and say I don't have great respect for the loyalty and trust Bud shows in his guys, though.

On a much larger note, something maybe up with Bud?  Losing by an average of 10 throughout a usually unheard of 3-game losing streak under this regime is alarming, let alone to those particular 3 teams.  

Anyway, Bud and Co need to step up just as much as the players do to stop the bleeding.

• Like 3