• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

No offense to Kyle...I love the guy...but with Thabo starting and Prince probably playing a bit, we win!

Maybe with his recent contribution Prince can get closer to splitting the minutes at SF with Baze. Right now he has been earning that consideration whether Bud is stubborn about it or not.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

The team has to learn how to feed a post player.  

I'm no big fan of Dwight's post game.  His footwork is clumsy, has no court vision at all, bad touch, and horrendous FT shooting.  But it's all worth it when we get the opposing team's Bigs in the penalty with 8:00 to go in the quarter.

Dennis simply isn't the passing talent I hoped for.  He isn't nearly as crafty or creative with lanes and angles at his small stature as a CP3.  He simply can't see over the defense or have enough ambidextrous passing arm slots to feed the post smoothly.

The numbers for Baze and Delaney aren't encouraging.  I don't know if Bembry can effectively play the point on the NBA level, but it may be time to see if he can, at least from a passing and defensive standpoint.  Watching the replay of that game, Dennis and Delaney couldn't guard anybody last night.  So if the bigger Bembry can do it, it may help us during times in which the opposing PG is lighting us up.

I made the prediction before the season started that the rookies will be rotation players by January.  Let's hope it's more like mid-December.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

No offense to Kyle...I love the guy...but with Thabo starting and Prince probably playing a bit, we win!

I dunno. I think the blame could be shared fairly equally among ALL of the starters. I felt most disappointed with Dwight, honestly, and especially so with their best player not even in the game. But practically everyone was having trouble with their shot, and maybe worse, everyone was having trouble making good passes.

• Like 1