• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

Out rebounded by 15, more turnovers (14) than assists (11) and just plain ole horrible shooting, 1/3, 1/5, 1/6, 1/6, 1/9, 2/9 - lots of 1-fers. Delaney with the 0-fer tonight - Bad basketball.

Find the fun in games like this.  

Pick the Worst Wing Duo in the league:

Nets: Shawn Kilpatrick and Bogdan Bogdanovic

Pelicans: E'Tuan Moore and Solomon Hill 

Sixers: Gerald Henderson and Robert Covington 

Miami: Dion Waiters and Josh Richardson 

Grizzlies: Tony Allen and Troy Daniels

OKC: Victor Oladipo and Andre Roberson

Hawks: Kyle Korver and Kent Bazemore

I didn't realize Hayward got so much bigger.  Seeing Baze across from him is practice-level competition.  He plays like the complete opposite of Kent.

And I love Kyle to death man.  But our starting SG has 7 FT attempts on the season.  Seven.  DeRozan could get that in a quarter and no one would bat an eye.

Edited by benhillboy

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Find the fun in games like this.  

Pick the Worst Wing Duo in the league:

Nets: Shawn Kilpatrick and Bogdan Bogdanovic

Pelicans: E'Tuan Moore and Solomon Hill 

Sixers: Gerald Henderson and Robert Covington 

Miami: Dion Waiters and Josh Richardson 

Grizzlies: Tony Allen and Troy Daniels

OKC: Victor Oladipo and Andre Roberson

Hawks: Kyle Korver and Kent Bazemore

Id rather have the Sixers wings on our team.Thats sad...

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why not just start Thabo at the 2, and Prince at sf? What the hell does Bud have to lose? Baze is a hot mess..And Korver is almost done..

It's coming, don't worry.   Or Prince at least will be starting.

I still say that Bud needs to find Bembry some minutes in this rotation.  The starting wings aren't playing with any consistency, so this may have to be a situation in which you "ride the hot hand".

Also, Dennis needs to start trying to get others involved first, before looking for his own shot.  He's playing PG like he's Allen Iverson.

• Like 2

We finally get a "true" center, But now our pg and wings suck..Only in Atlanta......But dont worry, we'll find some good guards when Dwight is ready to retire. smh

Edited by terrell

Games like tonight makes one thankful they have NBA League Pass. What an ugly game

This is a total team effort of bad basketball

Our bigs did nothing

Our wings continue to stink

Our point guards got shots up despite not hitting

That Baze deal was bad from jump and continues to look bad. Why even give him a big deal after spending a lotto pick on a sf? Seriously what was the purpose. We should have let the Rockets overpay him and  gave Prince and Thabo all the sf minutes.  And I know someone is going to say he is better at sg than sf but is playing at the sg spot going to make him  dribble better,  shoot better, or finish better? Nope. Dude is a nice energy guy off the bench.

I know Dennis is young and learning but man its getting harder and harder to watch him. He is not getting guys involved. His defense is not looking good. He continues to make bad passes. He cant finish.  And Bud is chewing him out like I have never seen before.  His game has not really improved from that 60 win season.

At this point just start Prince and Thabo. Your starting wings are giving you nothing so I don't see how it would hurt

• Like 4

I don't know that Taurean Prince is ready to start, but he's ready to play now and does not need d league time. That Kent Bazemore contract is going to look pretty stupid even if he rebounds a bit. Sefolosha could have been the starting SF with about 28 mins a game and Prince playing about 20 behind him, with Sefolosha mentoring him. And then Sefolosha could move on and he'd start next season.

1 minute ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Games like tonight makes one thankful they have NBA League Pass. What an ugly game

This is a total team effort of bad basketball

Our bigs did nothing

Our wings continue to stink

Our point guards got shots up despite not hitting

That Baze deal was bad from jump and continues to look bad. Why even give him a big deal after spending a lotto pick on a sf? Seriously what was the purpose. We should have let the Rockets overpay him and  gave Prince and Thabo all the sf minutes.  And I know someone is going to say he is better at sg than sf but is playing at the sg spot going to make him  dribble better,  shoot better, or finish better? Nope. Dude is a nice energy guy off the bench.

I know Dennis is young and learning but man its getting harder and harder to watch him. He is not getting guys involved. His defense is not looking good. He continues to make bad passes. He cant finish.  And Bud is chewing him out like I have never seen before.  His game has not really improved from that 60 win season. 

At this point just start Prince and Thabo. Your starting wings are giving you nothing so I don't see how it would hurt

Baze fooled Bud with that "Im a great locker room guy" routine. lol.. Korver is just as bad tho..Neither should be starters in the NBA at this point...

At this point a wing rotation of Thabo/Prince at SF and Hardaway/Bembry at SG looks really good compared to watching Kent "Wild Thing" Bazemore and Kyle "the leagues best decoy" Korver.

The bench wings have been better than the starters dating back to last season yet we are going to ride these 2 until the wheels fall off. Who would have thought that when Kyle was traded here under Drew that 5 years later he'd still be a starter and "too good" to take out the lineup or that when we signed Baze fresh off of the horrible Lakers bench that he'd cost more money yet still be here over DeMarre.

Our front office has made some pretty bad decisions these past few years and they are banking on guys like Bazemore to save their bacon 

Can we trade Kent, Kyle, and Tiago

and get Bebe and JYD back?

Edited by RedDawg#8