• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Splitter to miss more time

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks' Tiago Splitter will miss at least six more weeks with a right calf strain. Story to come.

Splitter out at least six more weeks with calf injury

newsEngin.16797212_101515-hawks-CC36.jpg

Hawks Tiago Splitter shoots against the Spurs during the second half in their preseason basketball game on Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015, in Atlanta. Curtis Compton / ccompton@ajc.com

The injury news keeps getting worse for Tiago Splitter.

The Hawks reserve center will miss a minimum of six weeks after an MRI exam revealed a Grade 2 right calf strain. The injury was confirmed after the test was performed at the Emory Orthopaedics and Spine Center.

The latest injury is related to the hip surgery that preceded a right hamstring strain that has kept him out all season.

According to the Hawks, an update will be provided when appropriate

Pretty hard to swallow that all this physical deterioration landslided only after Tiago became one of us. Injuries here and there before the trade. As said more than once here, it is so Speedy like. Yeah Edy may be goofy but at least he will suit up when called upon.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Atlanta Hawks' Tiago Splitter will miss at least six more weeks with a right calf strain. Story to come.

Splitter out at least six more weeks with calf injury

newsEngin.16797212_101515-hawks-CC36.jpg

Hawks Tiago Splitter shoots against the Spurs during the second half in their preseason basketball game on Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015, in Atlanta. Curtis Compton / ccompton@ajc.com

The injury news keeps getting worse for Tiago Splitter.

The Hawks reserve center will miss a minimum of six weeks after an MRI exam revealed a Grade 2 right calf strain. The injury was confirmed after the test was performed at the Emory Orthopaedics and Spine Center.

The latest injury is related to the hip surgery that preceded a right hamstring strain that has kept him out all season.

According to the Hawks, an update will be provided when appropriate

Strained his calf sitting on the bench?  Really?

On 11/25/2016 at 7:46 PM, Lurker said:

Waive this cat already.

Nah, we gotta keep him until at least the trade deadline because he has an expiring contract.
You never know.....Splitter's contract + a pick or 2 might get us an upgrade at sg/sf 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pimp said:

Nah, we gotta keep him until at least the trade deadline because he has an expiring contract.
You never know.....Splitter's contract + a pick or 2 might get us an upgrade at sg/sf 

They're named THJr and freshPrince.

Dang, I really feel sorry for Tiago. I still appreciate for  what he did for the Spurs. His injury and surgery making it really hard for him to get back on the court, and i'm been waiting so long to see him play (Healthy) with the Hawks. I wish him the best. I think it's better to let him go and recover from his injury, then find a replacement backup big.

10 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Dang, I really feel sorry for Tiago. I still appreciate for  what he did for the Spurs. His injury and surgery making it really hard for him to get back on the court, and i'm been waiting so long to see him play (Healthy) with the Hawks. I wish him the best. I think it's better to let him go and recover from his injury, then find a replacement backup big.

You should feel sorry for the Hawks.