• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Admin

Time for Dennis to go to the bench for a little while

i know we invested a big contract in him but he is playing terrible out there and it is affecting the whole team

a humbling might be good for him

his shot selection is atrocious and yet he keeps jacking it up

he is terrible at feeding the post and he is doing a poor job at running the offense ... he can't seem to get out of his own way and I am starting to think he has a low bbiq

his d has also been poor and disappointing too

i wonder if he is leading the league at getting his shot blocked 

a change with Delaney in there might get him back on track ... it will help the team right now 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

a change with Delaney in there might get him back on track ... it will help the team right now 

Exactly as I said would happen when Delaney played with Kyle, he struggled too this game. It hasn't been about the point guards for the last season and 17 games, it's been about Korver/Baze being a horrid tandem. Didn't fly last year and is even more exposed this year.

For most of last year, the Kyle/Baze/Teague threesome was one of the worst threesomes for the team.

2 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

The entire team was bad, but it's Dennis' job to make things work in offense. Defense has been a major problem as well. 

He was actually trying to be unselfish in this game unlike the past 5, he's just not a good shooter and has regressed to the mean.

• Like 2

A lot of problems going on offensively but I still believe a lineup change would solve a ton of issues on both sides of the ball....not all but it will solve some.

-Bad shot selections (korver threw up some ignorant curry deep 3pt shots that was completely unnecessary)

-Got beat inside (Saps defense was horrible tonight and I know he can do better)

-Got beat on the boards (Howard knows he can be better but a few times he was just simply out of position...moose got torched like a rag doll)

-Dennis was really trying to get the team involved I felt like he did a decent job with not stopping the ball. Deleaney on the other hand was terrible and dammit he just kept biting on the pump fakes...Curry is going to have after thanksgiving feast on his ass if he falls for those pump fakes tomorrow night.

-Sap was just off all together.

Unlike many I don't believe we are doomed or headed towards the lottery but we do need to make a lineup change to stop the bleeding. Korver in my opinion need his minutes cut and we need to start using a rotation of Baze, Thabo, THJ, Prince and maybe even bembry....korver just can't make impact anymore with this team, there is no need to please korver and I'm not placing all the blame on korver but I do think korver is apart of the problem. Wouldn't mind seeing if the kings would trade Rudy Gay for Korver.

• Like 2

Hawks really need a scorer.

Dwight Howard is really not a scorer, he's more of a rim protector and helping on rebounds. Without Jeff and Horford, hawks are now struggling offensively compared to last year. 

Also, I hope that Dennis will evolve to a starting PG we all expecting to be..  So right now I'm okay with him making mistakes and struggling because I know it's part of the process and it's a long season.

Korver seems like can't get open looking shots as he used to.. because every team in NBA know that he's a shooter and the only way he can get an open shot is through screens or transition. They figured out how to defend him and they respecting him more.

Even though it's good to see hawks making mistakes and struggling early in the season, hopefully they improve and learn from their mistakes as they play more games throughout the season, but I'm still worried about this team when playoff starts. 

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

4 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Hawks really need a scorer.

Dwight Howard is really not a scorer, he's more of a rim protector and helping on rebounds. Without Jeff and Horford, hawks are now struggling offensively compared to last year. 

Also, I hope that Dennis will evolve to a starting PG we all expecting to be..  So right now I'm okay with him making mistakes and struggling because I know it's part of the process and it's a long season.

Korver seems like can't get open looking shots as he used to.. because every team in NBA know that he's a shooter and the only way he can get an open shot is through screens or transition. They figured out how to defend him and they respecting him more.

Even though it's good to see hawks making mistakes and struggling early in the season, hopefully they improve and learn from their mistakes as they play more games throughout the season, but I'm still worry about this team when playoff starts. 

Dennis is not going to get better. He is the same player he was in his second season. His role is being a scorer off the bench and nothing more

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The Hawks need a scorer, and they need one bad. This was ugly. I knew it was a wrap after that second quarter. The Hawks just dont have the offense to get back in games like that.

Dwight had a great first quarter and was quite for the rest of the game

Sap could have just skipped this game and headed right to the Bay because he was a no show

Good to see Baze play well. I hope he can string together some good games but I wont hold my breath

Kyle smh. He is a bench player at this point

Dennis smh. Cant make a simple entry pass to the post, cant finish, bad shot selection, continues to get blocked, and just looks bad out there.  He shot a few more air balls tonight too. I know its a learning experience but some of his plays are just bad plays in general and have nothing to do with experience. He continues to try to throw lob passes even if Dwight is covered by 3 guys. He continues to try and make passes in traffic that end up getting stolen.  They got rid of a guy, gave him the keys, and rewarded him with a new deal so i highly doubt he gets benched but he really needs to look in the mirror and get it together

Bud also needs to make some changes.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

It's over for this team as it is.

They need to look into moving Paul Millsap, Korver, Baze and Dennis.

It's just adversity for them. I think they're looking too far ahead to GS and didn't go hard against LA.

Bud needs to make a statement by benching some of these starters, even Dwight if he doesn't go 100%.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Time for Dennis to go to the bench for a little while

i know we invested a big contract in him but he is playing terrible out there and it is affecting the whole team

a humbling might be good for him

his shot selection is atrocious and yet he keeps jacking it up

he is terrible at feeding the post and he is doing a poor job at running the offense ... he can't seem to get out of his own way and I am starting to think he has a low bbiq

his d has also been poor and disappointing too

i wonder if he is leading the league at getting his shot blocked 

Yeah I agree.

54 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Schröder didn't play well, but he was trying to be unselfish unlike recent games.

If Budenholzer fully believes Korver/Bazemore together has to continue, his seat is going to be red hot after this year.

Exactly! Next year's team would be a good situation for a new HC/GM to come into. Got the starting PG, SF, C with Delaney and Prince under contract. 35 mil in cap space.

The reality is, the Hawks offense with two wings that aren't great dribblers was figured out in the playoffs in spring 2015. 

All you need to do is switch everything and body up Kyle.

There was no alternative to just playing both Baze and Kyle and praying last year, but now there is. When teams start switching they both need to not be in the game.

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, JTB said:

A lot of problems going on offensively but I still believe a lineup change would solve a ton of issues on both sides of the ball....not all but it will solve some.

-Bad shot selections (korver threw up some ignorant curry deep 3pt shots that was completely unnecessary)

-Got beat inside (Saps defense was horrible tonight and I know he can do better)

-Got beat on the boards (Howard knows he can be better but a few times he was just simply out of position...moose got torched like a rag doll)

-Dennis was really trying to get the team involved I felt like he did a decent job with not stopping the ball. Deleaney on the other hand was terrible and dammit he just kept biting on the pump fakes...Curry is going to have after thanksgiving feast on his ass if he falls for those pump fakes tomorrow night.

-Sap was just off all together.

Unlike many I don't believe we are doomed or headed towards the lottery but we do need to make a lineup change to stop the bleeding. Korver in my opinion need his minutes cut and we need to start using a rotation of Baze, Thabo, THJ, Prince and maybe even bembry....korver just can't make impact anymore with this team, there is no need to please korver and I'm not placing all the blame on korver but I do think korver is apart of the problem. Wouldn't mind seeing if the kings would trade Rudy Gay for Korver.

Yeah, I'd have Thabo start over Korver. Not too many 35 year old guys start in today's NBA. He could definitely still get his minutes and close out games.

SAC won't trade Gay for Korver. They'd want Dennis, not an aging SG.

Edited by BigDog90