• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Korver should not be a starter.

NiquesBiggestFan

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Korver should be coming off the bench, Bazemore should be at the 2 and they can put Thabo and Prince at 3.

I'll reserve judgement on Prince but if you start Baze and Thabo then you have 2 wings who can't shoot and can't dribble.   We can't win with that.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'll reserve judgement on Prince but if you start Baze and Thabo then you have 2 wings who can't shoot and can't dribble.   We can't win with that.  

We can't pay Baze the money we paid him and not have him be the starting 2 at some point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I gotta admit supes is kinda right.

As much as Howard is of a rebounding force he isn't providing anything else. Horford however wasn't a rebounder but did everything else pretty good. You think that with Howard you'd score more inside and therefore you have more space for the outside shooters. But that's not the case. Howard simply has no postgame. He shoots as much airballs off the hook shot as he hits. Also by always staying in the paint. Millsap has no space inside to score from short range and has a rather bad fg from their consequently now. Due to this there's no space outside because we can't provide inside scoring. The all around fgs go down. We score less. Second problem is our shooters can't dribble to save their lives. However Horford came up for this in setting good screens. Neither Howard nor Millsap set good screens. They roll way too fast. Thats why we don't play efficient PnR, why Dennis and Korver look worse. 

The only thing speaking for Howard is that he gives us a favorable match up against Tristan Kardashian and the Cavs

Still won't help their shooting.  Last year WITH Al we lead the league in open looks but didn't convert.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We can't pay Baze the money we paid him and not have him be the starting 2 at some point.

Baze previously said he patterns his game after Ginobli - he should really be like Ginobli and come off the bench too.

21 minutes ago, django2341 said:

We won with that against the Pacers and the Cavs already this season.

That lineup with the addition of Dwight seems to be a good face the Cavs lineup for some serious stretches this year. If we hit some perimeter threes with any consistency at all which Baze actually improved at during last season we will see that on the court often enough though probably not ever starting. Even with all this drama right now we still have some swing options during games moving forward with Tim, Thabo and Prince all of which can and will help us win with different strengths. I'm banking on Prince more than some but am really liking what he has been bringing. Lets survive the season and make it to the playoffs in one piece and whatever round we meet  the Cavs make them regret it.    

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This. You guys dislike I constantly been up Al but there is a reason he's the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA. 

With that said, we need for our bigs to do more. Ask for our wings to do more is stupid. They couldn't even consistently do what little in comparison to Sap and Al they had to do last year. 

We need Sap to play more like Horford or Howard to or we will lose a lot more games.

Really?  Need more from our bigs?  Without the play of the bigs, they'd be a 5 - 13 team right now.

Most people though Howard wasn't even capable of playing at this level.  Now we need MORE from him?  

Millsap is a little more inconsistent, but still doing his thing on most nights.  

And Muscala has been a godsend off the bench.

Those 3 bigs are producing at a tremendous rate.  And they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing.

It is not the fault of Howard and Millsap that Bud has extended an EXTREMELY long leash to Korver and Baze.  When Marvin Williams played like this, people ripped that dude to shreds and he was eventually benched.  Hell, even a crippled T-Mac is doing more than what Baze and Korver are doing right now.

What Bud needs to do, is play his most productive players, regardless of tenure or salary.  If that means starting Hardaway Jr, you start him.  If that means playing Prince more, you play him.  He can't sit back as the coach and wait for these guys to play better or more consistent.  Well, he can, because the rest of the East is inconsistent as hell.  But the last thing he wants is to be the #4 or #5 seed, with Cleveland staring you in the face again in Round 2.

Bud needs to send a message and flat out bench Korver and Baze.  See if they play better with the 2nd unit, while possibly bringing more stability to the starting 5 with different wings.

I guess Howard has to play like Shaq now, when people didn't even expect him to play like Roy Hibbert.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

1 hour ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Putting Korver in the bench is not going to make a difference. What matters is his performance, consistency and finding different ways to help his team win if his 3s aren't falling or can't get open shots.

That's a lie.   Because the last game we won, was when Korver was on the bench.

• Like 2

Right now the team is the victim of 10 games in 15 days more than anything. Baze is best at SG but his handles are poor, wildly on and off with his shooting, more the latter. He's obvious pressing and I also hate he can't finish in traffic.

Korver is just cooked plainly put. He can't get off and isn't comfortable shooting contested shots. Both those dudes should be bench players obviously.

Bembry just has no confidence in his shot. It's a shame cause he's the 2nd/3rd best ball handler on the team and one of the better playmakers. Prince is on the fast track. He'll be a starter soon enough. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, django2341 said:

We won with that against the Pacers and the Cavs already this season.

Against the Cavs Baze had a huge game but Thabo 5 points in 35 minutes and Thabo and Baze were the only starters to register a negative +/-.   Now I'll admit that Baze's scoring and Thabo's D were huge in this win but Baze has scored like this in just a few games all season.  Baze's inconsistency and Thabo's total lack of offense doesn't make for a great starting lineup.

And the Pacers?  Do you really want to point to that game because that's exactly what i'm talking about. Against the Pacers Baze and Thabo combined for 12 points, shot 5-21 with Zero 3s.  Thabo registered a -14 in 32 minutes in a game we won.   That's friggin' SUCKS.

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's a lie.   Because the last game we won, was when Korver was on the bench.

There are also other games Hawks won a game with Korver starting. So, you just going to say everytime Hawks lose a game, Korver should be bench? How about Dennis, Baze, and Howard? Shouldn't be they bench also if they didn't win a game?

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

Look man, contracts and loyalty aside, Korver and to a lesser extent Bazemore have played like bench players this season period. Bazemore imo never should have been a starter and had it not been for Thabos unfortunate injury and rehab would not have been. 

Kyle needs his teammates to get him open looks, and right now we aren't able to do that anymore. We don't have the team needed to support his limited skill set anymore. I would still take Kyle over anyone to shoot an uncontested 3, but how many of those has he gotten in the past 2 years? Even going back to the 60 win year his shot down the stretch was off as teams focused more on him and I'm sorry, "his gravity" has not resulted in easier offense for the other players. You know why? Cuz you only need one player to guard him. 

I don't care if you think Thabo,Tim, or Prince are better or worse players. I bet in a game of 1 on 1 they all could beat our current starters. It's just time to give the lineup a different look. It was time last year as we stumbled through most of the season. 

I don't know why that idea bothers so many. I just want the team to play the best it can and I don't think that is happening now or will happen with the deficiencies posed by our wing duo

• Like 1

On 11/29/2016 at 9:31 AM, NBASupes said:

They didn't suck this bad. They look horrible. The problem is, all of our wings look horrible starting but solid off the bench. 

They did suck this bad. Last season we started out 8-2 then had a losing record over the next 3 months.
Same problem , 2 bench players starting on the wings and inconsistant play at pg. The only thing we fixed was the Rebounding 

1 minute ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

or a scorer that can create his own shots.

Either or but I say get korver out of here . He don't fit with these new players and I think turnovers can go down a bit with THJ in the starting lineup but he needs to build chemistry with the rest of the starters.

I hope bud starts making changes asap...korver need to be shipped out I can't stop saying it.