• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This has a very simple story, if Bud continues to play spacing basketball with a team that can't space the floor, this team is going to lose 60 games.

That's another issue...no lane penetration, no smart passes, and no real true shooters but honestly we learned that last season.

31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This team is a mess right now ... what changed from a couple of weeks ago?  

Teams realized that Delaney's defense can be easily exploited,

Dwight doesn't come out on PNR.

Korver and Baze continue to play like butt.

• Like 2

This team is a first round exit at best.  Don't mess around like they did last year at the deadline

Dennis, Prince, and Bembry are the only keepers

Get what you can for your vets and let the youngins grow together.

Way too many guys will get pay raises next year and it makes no sense to put big money in a mediocre product.

And I knew Delaney's defense would be bad just from watching him in the preseason but damn, that dude couldn't defend  a newborn. Awful defender

• Like 1

Just checked.  Officially, Hawks are now in 9th place in the east.  Since

only the top 8 teams make the playoffs, we are now:

THE LOTTERY BOUND ATL HAWKS !

We are already there.  All we have to do now is continue what we've been

doing and we are guaranteed to be there.

Question:  Who is this super hero, guaranteed all star, we are tanking to get?

Could it be that it's too early to be doing this?

We only lost 121-85.  Did we keep it close enough so that no one suspects what

is going on here?

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

(I was trying to quote a part of my Pregame Thread and wound up deleting the whole thing. Oh well. "HAWKSED IT!")

~lw3

Just make it shorter next time lol, don't waste your time writing a full article when we know hawks obviously going to lose a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarcatic1 said:

This team is a first round exit at best.  Don't mess around like they did last year at the deadline

Dennis, Prince, and Bembry are the only keepers

Get what you can for your vets and let the youngins grow together.

Way too many guys will get pay raises next year and it makes no sense to put big money in a mediocre product.

And I knew Delaney's defense would be bad just from watching him in the preseason but damn, that dude couldn't defend  a newborn. Awful defender

I'll say 30 win team. Most likely Sap will be traded for someone like Levine and we will rebuild. 

I hope we get a top 5 pick and land Josh Jackson or Harry Giles

46 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I'm starting to suspect that Howard is a chemistry problem.

@AHF and @AtLaS will say otherwise but he too limited. He dunks, rebounds and blocks shots but he doesn't do much else. He's slow, doesn't move off the ball, doesn't have good BBIQ, just a bad fit. He's what I thought he was going to be, a tank commander.

He was good for the first 6 games but teams started to figure us out and it killed us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@AHF and @AtLaS will say otherwise but he too limited. He dunks, rebounds and blocks shots but he doesn't do much else. He's slow, doesn't move off the ball, doesn't have good BBIQ, just a bad fit. He's what I thought he was going to be, a tank commander.

He was good for the first 6 games but teams started to figure us out and it killed us.

The team has 3 limited players in the same lineup.

Deny Howard the ball, D up Korver and Baze on the perimeter and force Dennis and Sap to create everything. 

It's not like Bud is going to do anything different.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The team has 3 limited players in the same lineup.

Deny Howard the ball, D up Korver and Baze on the perimeter and force Dennis and Sap to create everything. 

It's not like Bud is going to do anything different.

Bud gotta move Dwight to the bench when Tiago is back. Lord knows it is time to start Prince over Bazemore. Kyle ain't good but he's still better as an impact than any other wing on the team.

I never really get concerned this early but I'm a bit concerned as there are some red flags. I'm about 4/10 concerned on the scale. 

BTW, did we already have the team meeting? :-(

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I'll say 30 win team. Most likely Sap will be traded for someone like Levine and we will rebuild. 

I hope we get a top 5 pick and land Josh Jackson or Harry Giles

Giles had 3 major knee surgeries.