• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm really curious what our percentage is on game tying or game winning shots under Bud.  If he has one major weakness it's drawing up a last second play. 

The players have to at least execute the play, if the player fumbles the ball or let the clock run too far down or not even get a shot attempt - that's not on Bud.  It's the tight sphincters of the players.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can't wait to Splitter is back

Dennis

Thabo

Prince

Sap

Splitter. 

If we are pinning our hopes on Splitter might as well blow it up.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The players have to at least execute the play, if the player fumbles the ball or let the clock run too far down or not even get a shot attempt - that's not on Bud.  It's the tight sphincters of the players.

If we are pinning our hopes on Splitter might as well blow it up.

Lol, I'm glad I said what I did so I could see you say "tight sphincters" again.

51352520.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Both the players and Bud share blame on the last second plays and set pieces.  On an individual play, it is primarily on the players.  Do they execute the play or not?

In the big picture, it is more on the coaches to both (a) draw up creative and effective plays ala Larry Drew era Hawks and (b) do the necessary preparation and training so the execution is smooth on those plays.  I've seen a long enough sample size under Bud to have questions about whether the coaching staff does enough on both of these.  This is an area that should be red flagged for improvement and attention  (...except that we are such a dumpster fire right now that end game plays are a tertiary concern behind getting the base sets running more effectively).

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'm really curious what our percentage is on game tying or game winning shots under Bud.  If he has one major weakness it's drawing up a last second play. 

I started to go back through the game logs and check on that, but after suffering through these losses I can't stomach anything else basketball related. I'll probably pick it back up soon. 

• Like 1

I remember somebody in this game having a crazy dunk that totally reminded me of one of Nique's dunks. Even Nique said "Brings back memories"...Even though Nique's was superior, I think this is the dunk he was talking about. 

Kinda a mini version by Oladipo. Lol.

Nique looks good slamming over a mountain. Tidbit about Bob's mountain sized feet here.

At the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts, visitors are able to compare the size of their foot to that of Lanier's. The largest shoe ever created by a shoe company Allen Edmonds was a size 22 for Lanier.