• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is there a rule that you can't have a 3&D SG?

JTB

Most 3&D players in this new era of the NBA are typically SFs but Baze isn't a natural 3 therefore It's ridiculous to continue to play a real 2 at the 3 position.

So is there an issue playing a 3&D SG at Shooting Guard????? Baze can't dribble we all know this by now (it's no damn secret) but that doesn't mean he can't be an effective 2.

Here's how I see it...Baze can do the following:

-Spot up for shots/provide spacing and wait for the delivery pass (when he's settled he can do this well enough to make impact)

-Cut to the basket

-run off the screens

-play solid defense (atleast when he's not in over his head about his poor offense)

THATS IT & THATS ALL THATS NEEDED 

.....all this dribbling shit in Bazes new offensive role MUST STOP! I see nothing wrong with having Baze be our Bruce Bowen type player but at SG.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Baze is shooting under 30% from 3, so he isn't a "3" guy. Plus, his defense has been suspect lately, so he doesn't have the "D" either.... I get that Baze's natural spot is the 2-spot, but I don't fully understand benching our best shooter/spacer (Korver) when our offense hasn't been the best lately. I think Baze needs the benching for Thabo.

• Like 1

Tim isn't such a negative alternate course right now. He'll help Dennis out some with ball handling and can actually move as well as go to the line from actually being willing to drive towards the basket without giving away the ball on every drive. Flawed yes, but also better than our other not so illustrious ball handlers at the position. Starting or not he needs to get serious minutes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Tim isn't such a negative alternate course right now. He'll help Dennis out some with ball handling and can actually move as well as go to the line from actually being willing to drive towards the basket without giving away the ball on every drive. Flawed yes, but also better than our other not so illustrious ball handlers at the position. Starting or not he needs to get serious minutes. 

Wish bud could see it like this .

• Like 1

Bud didn't see the impact of a Kris Humphries either, until it was too late.

Bud is my dude, but I'm more and more critical of him these days.  He can't let us go out like this, because his two pet wings are a big minus this season.  He has to continue to change it up, and play the people who have a true impact on games.  A positive impact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud is my dude, but I'm more and more critical of him these days.  He can't let us go out like this, because his two pet wings are a big minus this season.  He has to continue to change it up, and play the people who have a true impact on games.  A positive impact.

Guys like Bud and Pop and some of the other old school coaches seem to be ultra loyal to certain vets. With guys like Sap and Korver and the great attitude they bring nightly, I don't blame the coaches. At the same time, the team has to come first and I believe you gotta play the best players regardless of their tenure or anything else. I remember Nelly at Golden State years ago was the same. I remember he never really liked or played rookies until Mitch and Timmy the year after. I'm not saying that Prince is as good as them or ever will be, but he does have a level of physicality, maturity and confidence that would allow him to start for us IMO.

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kris and Thabo were two of the biggest reasons we were competitive in that series. Were better with Kris in and Al out which is what completely sold me on Kris coming back. Guess its like someone said, Bud is way to close to the situation to see clearly at times and right now the losses are really piling up.