• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Time and a Passing OG/SF

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think the thing that we should be excited about as fans is that our team will have several capabilities on Offense.  We can change looks and go from a PNR or a Drive and Kick team.. to a small ball team. Similar to GS and Milwaukee.   However, it's going to take time for us to polish those rotations and it's going to take time for our PG to figure out how to do some of that stuff.  That's why I had hoped that there would be a vet PG sharing the PGing duties with him.  Somebody who has run something other than Bud ball that may be more familiar with how to do it...  we lack experienced assistant coaches, we lack vet players, so these sort of things is going to take us some time to get.

The other thing is that I believe that we need a better passer on the floor.  It may be Baze.  Maybe Baze has some hidden skills that allows him to bring the ball up like DMC and get us into the offensive sets.  His drive and dishes last night were nice and he did bring the ball up more than usual and I think it took a lot of pressure off of Dennis.  

I have floated some other Point players... Like 

Satoransky.  There's also Jrue Holiday... and somebody has floated Evan Turner.  There are also some guys who may be less heralded like:  Marcelo Huertas.  I would love to have Greek Freak right now. 

But I think for now, the thing is TIME.  We shouldn't bee too critical right now.  Just give this team time to finish gelling. 

18 hours ago, AHF said:

Didn't Orlando and LA collapse after he left?  

Huh?  He has played 906 games in his career and come off the bench for 1 game.  Atlanta has been better this season with him on the floor than when he is off it.  In fact, every team he has ever played on has been better with him on the floor than on the bench.

Ooooooh....buuuuurrrn.

http://gph.is/1k8l4Bt

fire burn

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Didn't Orlando and LA collapse after he left?  

Huh?  He has played 906 games in his career and come off the bench for 1 game.  Atlanta has been better this season with him on the floor than when he is off it.  In fact, every team he has ever played on has been better with him on the floor than on the bench.

You're going to mess up his agenda with Facts...  NO...

• Like 1

You have to give Supes credit. His hate is consistent, facts be damned.  Seriously though, 1 game is not a career. 

So I decided to do a career comparison between Dwight and NBASupes

For Dwight's career, it seems he has missed 4109 more shots than NBASupes and turned the ball over 2730 more times.  This led me to believe that Supes might be on to something.

However, further discovery revealed that Dwight had made 5746 more Field Goals and 4522 more Free Throws for a grand total of 16019 more NBA points than Supes. Additionally, he's grabbed 11488 more rebounds and blocked 1862 more shots. It seems Howard has considerably more playoff experience, having played in 89 playoff games. He has 1 more NBA Finals appearance and 2 more Conference finals appearances than Supes, along with one more Olympic Gold medal.  

But he might be right, Dwight might be overrated.

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

You have to give Supes credit. His hate is consistent, facts be damned.  Seriously though, 1 game is not a career. 

For Dwight's career, it seems he has missed 4109 more shots than NBASupes and turned the ball over 2730 more times.  This led me to believe that Supes might be on to something.

However, further discovery revealed that Dwight had made 5746 more Field Goals and 4522 more Free Throws for a grand total of 16019 more NBA points than Supes. Additionally, he's grabbed 11488 more rebounds and blocked 1862 more shots. It seems Howard has considerably more playoff experience, having played in 89 playoff games. He has 1 more NBA Finals appearance and 2 more Conference finals appearances than Supes, along with one more Olympic Gold medal.  

But those same stats are true for 90%+ of this board. Yourself included. 

@AHF, Why is it that Morey wanted to move from Dwight and that they are much better without him. And for all of the +/- talk of Dwight being helpful, why is it that Dennis and Paul have better +/- when Dwight is out for the game then when he plays? 

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

In terms of player-hatred on the board, I'd give Supers' Howard-hate the slight edge over Lurker's Korver-hatred.

They both pale in comparison to my hatred for DelaneySucks and Skip BazeLess so who am I to throw stones.  At least I'm honest about it tho.

ETA: Oh and almost forgot to add .... #AgendaSquawk ...

Edited by kg01

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

But those same stats are true for 90%+ of this board. Yourself included. 

@AHF, Why is it that Morey wanted to move from Dwight and that they are much better without him. And for all of the +/- talk of Dwight being helpful, why is it that Dennis and Paul have better +/- when Dwight is out for the game then when he plays? 

Because Harden and Howard hated eachother?  That should be obvious.  They won 69% of their games with him engaged two seasons ago so it remains to be seen whether they are better this year than they were with him.  We'll see.

For the Hawks, you can selectively pick two players and look at them in isolation but the team has been better with him.  For Paul, I suspect it is the fact that he gets to do more in the post when Dwight is off the floor so that it makes sense to ensure he gets some time on the floor with Moose / Humph, etc. every game.