• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Alright so we beat them on the road short handed so I fully expect us to lose to them at home with a full and healthy squad. Isn't that how this works?

Would be nice to break out of that pattern on the plus side with a win. Also, Gray is absolutely right about the foul line. Last night was the best example I can remember of that factor taking a game for the Hawks right now.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Or, the Hawks might just go wild and win a game.  You never know with them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!

A great call there Gray. Really nice to get that win especially where we were at with about a minute left. So with that:  

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

Thanks for the help Santa! Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 2

We need to play the rooks. I'll live with their mistakes.

One play stood out with Bembry - Hawks stole the ball, Bembry raced up court and finished betweened 2 Nuggets. If that was Baze, it would have been a turnover and if that was Kyle, well he couldn't do that.

Finding easy buckets helps this team especially when there is such a struggle to score.

We have size and athleticism on the wings - use them Bud.

Great Xmas gift from the Hawks to us! Had a long travel day yesterday so had to watch it on dvr late last night. I'm glad we won the game because I was getting really pissed off at Dennis. He had Jokic beat like 3 different times and Jokic came out on top EVERY time. Comon Dennis! Luckily he more than redeemed himself at the end. I'll take a win however I can get it. Lol.

Yeah, Dennis is a thrill a minute, thrill a second really, but mostly its a positive feeling with his play now for me. We're not at the half way point and he is already past where I thought he'd be.   

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

These rooks however are ready to contribute on both ends of the floor NOW 

Maybe it just became a little more obvious for Bud after last night, at least with Bembry. Hoping to see both a good bit more whether they struggle some or not. By the end of the season they should really be able to help us in the playoffs with some good minutes under their belts. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It was a good shorthanded, ugly, comeback win.  One thing.. We need to work on stopping teams in transition.  I would say that most of Denver's scoring was in transition.  If not most... a lot of it.   I think we have a main problem with just stopping the ball.   The other half of their scoring was PNP/PNR.  Maybe it's just their personnel but we could not figure out the PNP/PNR for nothing.