• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Eastern Conference Allstar PGs.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just watching the Cleveland game last night and seeing all the hype about Irving.   Wondering.  Who will be the allstar PGs in the East. 

Check this out.

Surprised to find out that Kyrie is 14th in the East in assists. 

I don't think John Wall will be snubbed this time around. 

So I guess it will be:

Wall, Irving, Lowry, and Isaiah Thomas.  IF there were 4.  Honorable mention to Teague, Dennis and Kemba.

Is Greek Freak considered a PG?

Dennis vs. The Field?

Where does Dennis rank in the East?

Lowry = 4th in scoring, 2nd in assists, 1st in FG%, team is 2nd in record.

Remember that they no longer choose by position but choose guards/forwards/centers.  Also, fan votes only count 50% of the vote this year. The media counts 25% and the NBA players vote this year which counts 25%.

The players ahead of Dennis in this list are (and in no particular order) Beal, Wall, Lowry, Walker, Irving, Thomas, DeRozan. There are at least 7 players ahead of Dennis for the 2 Guard positions.

Players with similar stats to Dennis and possibly more name recognition. Teague, Rose, Wade, Bradley, Batum, Dragic, Fournier,  So Dennis is in a field where he is somewhere between 8th and 15th most qualified for one of 6 or 7 positions.

View the ballot, arrangement and stats here https://vote.nba.com/index.html?iref=asv17_nbacom_HP_US&cid=asv17_nbacom_HP_US

• Like 1

There's one thing to consider though, @thecampster.  Although voters aren't obligated to do the 5-position thing, most people still subconsciously do it.  So I think he's only having to deal with 2-guards once the main pg's are set.

That said, I think Irving, Lowery, Thomas and Walker are set.  I think the WAS guards are still facing scrutiny because of their inexplicable record.  I think Dennis' only shot is as the last man in or as an injury replacement.

• Admin

Wall is the second coming of Marbury ... all stats without the care for team success ... he is to busy groaning about his poor 80 million contract and being underpaid yet he has not had any real success in this league ... he is just worried about getting his

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Wall is the second coming of Marbury ... all stats without the care for team success ... he is to busy groaning about his poor 80 million contract and being underpaid yet he has not had any real success in this league ... he is just worried about getting his

Marbury is a god in China. Lol.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Marbury is a god in China. Lol.

Pretty amazing the massive amount of money made playing roundball for folks needing to extend their careers. Or actually have a career I guess. lw3 mentioned Randolph Morris is an All Star level player in that league making really good money and he was nothing but a stiff for us. Good deal for all those guys, including Josh.

After watching Kyrie last night he should just play the whole game.  As long as he puts forth effort on the defensive end (communicating, getting back in transition, no gambling) he's virtually unstoppable.  He looks more like Zeke everyday.  You deserve a Nobel Prize if you can pick his rock.

38 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

It's funny because Irving is not even a good point guard.  He can't run an offense at all or defend a paper bag.  He is a scorer and that's it

You're displaying some historically low BBIQ in this post, cap.  You're missing Kyme's chief attribute.  The main thing that separates him from the rest of the PG rabble.  That one characteristic that justifies the acclaim ... the, the near-HOF status he now occupies ... he's Lebron's teammate.  Geez, how could you miss that?  Do better in 2017, cap.  Do better.

Seriously though, you're dead-on.  He's no different than he was pre-Lebron if you think about it.

38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But would you trade Dennis for Kyrie straight up? 

I mean, it's not that simple.  Kyme is better at what he does than Dennis is at what he does.  He's not on a bad deal and has far more cache than Dennis so clearly the answer is obvious ... CLE would have to throw in an unprotected 1st to get me to jump. :cool:

• Admin
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I am not the biggest fan of Dennis either as he is more of a scorer then true pg but he is a better distributor of the ball and can defend.  You need another guy like LeBron who will run the offense for Irving to be on a successful team.  He is a me first player and that is not always good for a point guard.  The team would not be improved with him here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If you have a chance to get a superstar, YOU GET THAT SUPERSTAR. Dennis has exceeded my expectations, at least as far as scoring is concerned, but let's not pretend that he's a floor general or anything. Kyrie is virtually unstoppable while distributing enough to be counted as a legit PG. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If you have a chance to get a superstar, YOU GET THAT SUPERSTAR. Dennis has exceeded my expectations, at least as far as scoring is concerned, but let's not pretend that he's a floor general or anything. Kyrie is virtually unstoppable while distributing enough to be counted as a legit PG. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

Bingo!