• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Eastern Conference Allstar PGs.

Diesel

• Admin
1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Kyrie is indeed a superstar. Not many can do what he did in this past years Finals. He was my Finals MVP then and still is

He is a really good scorer ... Melo isn't a superstar either ... they don't do things that make their team better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

First returns are in for the All-Star game........

Our boy Zaza 2nd in votes...:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Zaza always gets all of a passionate Georgia's votes...(both Georgia's prolly)...

• Moderators
On 12/28/2016 at 7:41 PM, capstone21 said:

So Kerr is a superstar I guess

I know this is tongue in cheek but obviously a huge difference between a catch and shoot 18footer that MJ got you open for and a closely guarded, off the dribble 3.   Any NBA guard would hit Kerr's shot 8 out of 10 times.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dennis is going to need an injury replacement to make it as an All Star.

And I wouldn't trade Dennis straight up for Irving either. I agree with cap: all Irving cares about his offense and zero defense and not much ball distribution. Dennis is so far ahead defensively than Irving it isn't even funny.

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I know this is tongue in cheek but obviously a huge difference between a catch and shoot 18footer that MJ got you open for and a closely guarded, off the dribble 3.   Any NBA guard would hit Kerr's shot 8 out of 10 times.   

I don't think so. It takes a lot of cajones to man up and be THE GUY to make or miss a shot like Kerr did. So many players would absolutely choke on that shot.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 5:54 AM, django2341 said:

At the PG spot Irving, Wall, Lowry, Thomas and Kemba are better than Dennis rn. I still think he will get a lot of votes tho.

I will give you Irving, Wall, and Lowry. After that I thinks its more subjective. Dennis is only 23 and he has really surprised me with his shooting efficiency this season; which is something I thought he would struggle mightily with.

I think he is a year or two away from making the all-star game but he is our version of Tony Parker in Bud's system. I like what he has done in his first season starting; I like it a lot. He has really helped shoulder the scoring load and Dennis is only going to get better.

• Like 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't think so. It takes a lot of cajones to man up and be THE GUY to make or miss a shot like Kerr did. So many players would absolutely choke on that shot.

In terms of cajones the shots are at the very least equal (that's being generous to Kerr).   In terms of basketball talent to take and make the shot there is no comparison between the two.  

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In terms of cajones the shots are at the very least equal (that's being generous to Kerr).   In terms of basketball talent to take and make the shot there is no comparison between the two.  

One is definitely a harder shot to hit but I'm just disagreeing with you on the 8 out of 10 nba players could easily hit Kerr's shot. No way. Just no way. There's maybe 2 out of 10 guys in the league that could make that shot because of the clutch factor.

• Moderators

Germany's a fairly big country, largest member of the E.U. (with all due respect to Sugar Bear Elliott) by far. So if China can dish out tens of thousands of votes for J-Lin, Argentina&Italy for Manu, Georgia for Zaza, and Crazystan for D-Rose, then certainly our German hoop fans (beyond just our diehard Squawkers around here) can scooch Dennis ahead of, oh, say, Avery Bradley.

I'm not really expecting an All-Star nod this year, but a little bump into the East's top ten vote-getting guards would be nice.

~lw3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

And I wouldn't trade Dennis straight up for Irving either. I agree with cap: all Irving cares about his offense and zero defense and not much ball distribution. Dennis is so far ahead defensively than Irving it isn't even funny.

Irving has improved a lot as an overall player.  Him still being a sieve defensively (and Dennis a stopper) is a myth if you've watched him from last year's playoffs to present.  I'm all for dumping on the Cavs to prop up Dennis but not trading him for Irving is going off the deep end.  Notice the defensive win shares and defensive box, nevermind Value over Replacement.

IMG_1205.PNGIMG_1206.PNG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Dennis is only 23 and he has really surprised me with his shooting efficiency this season; which is something I thought he would struggle mightily with.

Yeah, Dennis has already outperformed more than I ever hoped he would be at this part of the season. Extremely happy because we knew the mistakes and growing pains were always going to be there. Just a great future ahead as a Hawk. Good decision by Budcox that is twofold. We have our future starting SF out of it as well. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Irving has improved a lot as an overall player.  Him still being a sieve defensively (and Dennis a stopper) is a myth if you've watched him from last year's playoffs to present.  I'm all for dumping on the Cavs to prop up Dennis but not trading him for Irving is going off the deep end.  Notice the defensive win shares and defensive box, nevermind Value over Replacement.

IMG_1205.PNGIMG_1206.PNG

Disappearing-likes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Dennis is far from a superstar so I'm not saying he is better than Irving and would say that his average day at this point in his career isn't at Irving's level.

That said, Irving is no superstar and anyone who thinks that the criteria for being a superstar is creating and/or hitting tough 3pt shots must think that JR Smith is the league MVP.

Irving is a very good scorer.  That is it.  A legit case that this is enough to justify dealing Dennis for sure but putting him at LeBron's level (superstar)?  Please.

On 1/5/2017 at 3:32 PM, Buzzard said:

I will give you Irving, Wall, and Lowry. After that I thinks its more subjective. Dennis is only 23 and he has really surprised me with his shooting efficiency this season; which is something I thought he would struggle mightily with.

I think he is a year or two away from making the all-star game but he is our version of Tony Parker in Bud's system. I like what he has done in his first season starting; I like it a lot. He has really helped shoulder the scoring load and Dennis is only going to get better.

I couldn't  agree more.   I'm sure Dennis will make the All Star team at some point in his career.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I couldn't  agree more.   I'm sure Dennis will make the All Star team at some point in his career.

I think he might have a great chance to be voted in by the coaches next year if he keeps this up. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Dennis is far from a superstar so I'm not saying he is better than Irving and would say that his average day at this point in his career isn't at Irving's level.

That said, Irving is no superstar and anyone who thinks that the criteria for being a superstar is creating and/or hitting tough 3pt shots must think that JR Smith is the league MVP.

Irving is a very good scorer.  That is it.  A legit case that this is enough to justify dealing Dennis for sure but putting him at LeBron's level (superstar)?  Please.

I don't know that anyone said Irving was at Lebron's level.   But he's certainly an amazing offensive talent.   Wouldn't you say he's certainly at Melo's level?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Come on now.  You know better than this.

They don't win the Finals last season without Kyrie.

Oh, and Kyrie is only 24 years old.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises