• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Our old friend the BU point...

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

As an addendum to the last point, Delaney is one of 5 guards meeting this criteria that has a negative WS/48 which means that analytic suggests he takes wins off the table when he plays which is spectacularly bad.

Is this just for PGs or both positions? Bites either way but am wondering.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Is this just for PGs or both positions? Bites either way but am wondering.

If you click the list you can see who qualifies.  It is almost all PGs but a few SGs also qualify, like Wade, Harden (I'd actually say he is playing point this year), Derozan and Turner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Yes bigger than Dennis and plays different. Delaney is a more controlled and scores points when given type of guy. He isn't gonna show up on the box score with ridiculous stats but he does the little things pretty well. His mid range honestly is amongst the best in the league and once he expands a little bit (because you know with a shot like his he's bound to heat up eventually) the 3pt ball will come with time. Backup pg isn't an issue to me at least for the time being 

Just wondering why you think his midrange is so good? Maybe you watched a game early on when he was hitting his pull up jumpers from 18 ft. But those have dried up. He's shooting 44% from inside the arc (8-46 from deep). 

He can't make an entry pass to save his life and lacks the quickness to create. And I assure you, 44% is not "best in the league" type of production. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ropadope said:

Just wondering why you think his midrange is so good? Maybe you watched a game early on when he was hitting his pull up jumpers from 18 ft. But those have dried up. He's shooting 44% from inside the arc (8-46 from deep). 

He can't make an entry pass to save his life and lacks the quickness to create. And I assure you, 44% is not "best in the league" type of production. 

The average shooting % last time I checked was 39%.... 44% is solid especially on pull up jumpers over 7ft bigs when he gets the opportunity. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

The average shooting % last time I checked was 39%.... 44% is solid especially on pull up jumpers over 7ft bigs when he gets the opportunity. 

He is solid from midrange.  Not elite but quite solid.  It is everywhere else on the floor where he has sucked shooting the ball.  Close to the rim and 3pt range have both been really terrible.  I'm thinking he should rebound some in those areas because he wasn't this terrible in Europe.

Looky, looky......

Jarrett Jack is nearing his return from a torn ACL and will soon hold an open audition for interested NBA teams.

Jack was waived by the Atlanta Hawks before the start of the season after signing a one-year deal.

Jack tore his ACL last January while with the Brooklyn Nets.

In 32 games last season with the Nets, Jack averaged 12.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 7.4 assists in 32.1 minutes per game.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Looky, looky......

His stats were really good last year.  Don't know what that means playing with BKN but still that's a high assist number for a crappy team.   Bring him back.  We obviously don't need Kelly with Scott and eh, um, Spl-, uh, nope, uh uh, can't even say it.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

His stats were really good last year.  Don't know what that means playing with BKN but still that's a high assist number for a crappy team.   Bring him back.  We obviously don't need Kelly with Scott and eh, um, Spl-, uh, nope, uh uh, can't even say it.   

:laugh1: :laugh1:

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

If a 6'3" white guy with no basketball ability aside from jacking up 3's in a open gym makes me Malcolm Delaney then I have a serious career issue...

Lmao