• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Report: Paul Millsap on the block? (Merged Threadz)

JTB

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Leuer is what I'd like Moose to be but Moose is never going to be that good. I've liked Leuer going back to college and what he's done in the NBA just shows his value. Bud would love a guy like him that has high basketball IQ and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Leuer is young and has taken little bit to develop but that would be up Bud's alley considering the amount of time we have spent on Moose and really we still don't know what we have on any given night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I was discussing this with lw3 a few days ago when we played the Pistons. I was saying I never saw him in college and didn't even know where he went. I just noticed him as a Grizz a couple years ago and thought he was a 10 day contract type of guy but he rocks. He seems like any coach's dream.

Oh, I'm fully aware of him.  Some long dead Hawk fan on RealGM spammed a trade 5 years ago where Al needed to be traded for a rookie Leuer (for spacing), Jordan Hill (for toughness and rebounding), Hasheem Thabeet (for size and shotblocking) and Motiejunas (for superstar scoring).  Move Josh to SF and Marvin to SG where they belong and championships.  Even with 5 years of development that still looks absurd.

• Like 3

Just passing this along.  My favorite "insider", Frank Isola just said on NBARadio that he's hearing the Hawks are actively shopping Sap, Korver and Thabo.  Not 'interested in moving', 'actively shopping'.

Now, obviously that sounds like a regurgitation of the rumors we already know.  However, I've become convinced that Isola actually does speak to people around the league so I trust him over Windbag or those other BSPN clowns.

Said CLE is the primary suitor for Kial (surprise, surprise) and that MIN, OKC and TOR are the main suitors for Sap.

Not much we didn't know or couldn't surmise on our own but, like I said, I find Isola to be more credible than anyone we've seen this info from previously.

ETA: I should add though that I'm starting to believe this 'trade rumor' stuff was a ploy to get the teams' attention.

Edited by kg01

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd want Oladipo and Sabonis from OKC. I'd want Wiggins or Lavine from MIN. TOR has nothing I want.

What would it take for me to finally convince y'all that LOladipo sucks?  He's Randy Foye at best.  Agree on TOR and agree on the MIN 2.  It'd likely be Wiggins surprisingly.

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

You know I'm thinking he'll be more of a Eric Gordon/CJ McCollum as far production.

Gordon/McCollum showed they could score early before injuries got them.  Hield hasn't shown anything a la Wes Johnson.

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What would it take for me to finally convince y'all that LOladipo sucks?  He's Randy Foye at best.  Agree on TOR and agree on the MIN 2.  It'd likely be Wiggins surprisingly.

Gordon/McCollum showed they could score early before injuries got them.  Hield hasn't shown anything a la Wes Johnson.

He's actually starting to according to an article I just read.  Consistently scoring in the double digits since moving to the starting lineup.

This entire situation is a mess.  It's roster mismanagement plain and simple.  Dennis Dwight and Milsap are very good players there is no reason the team should be this bad.  And now you have to trade your best player because you're not good enough to keep him and he's too old and expensive to play on a bad team.  

If the Hawks wanted Oladipo, then I feel like they would have made a move with ORL before the Ibaka trade, but idk. They would have gotten at least what OKC got for Ibaka (Dipo, Sabonis and Ilyasova) and possibly more. I don't think Bud is high on Dipo; though if he would have known that he would shoot 39% from three this year while averaging the most 3PAs in his career, then his opinion might have been different.

12 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

This entire situation is a mess.  It's roster mismanagement plain and simple.  Dennis Dwight and Milsap are very good players there is no reason the team should be this bad.  And now you have to trade your best player because you're not good enough to keep him and he's too old and expensive to play on a bad team.  

Heh, it's why those who speak of Ferry as some kinda diety(sp?) are plain delusional.  Had he drafted better, for example, we wouldn't be in this situation.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

If the Hawks wanted Oladipo, then I feel like they would have made a move with ORL before the Ibaka trade, but idk. They would have gotten at least what OKC got for Ibaka (Dipo, Sabonis and Ilyasova) and possibly more. I don't think Bud is high on Dipo; though if he would have known that he would shoot 39% from three this year while averaging the most 3PAs in his career, then his opinion might have been different.

Teams rarely trade in conference let alone in division. There's almost no way Orlando would ever trade with us and vice versa.

If we could get Oladipo and Sabonis for Millsap I call that a win. I'm really high on Sabonis, that kid is going to be special if he plays up to his potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsuteke said:

Bud has to take the hit for our record.  It's not a coincidence that the Hawks are playing much better, since the lineup changes and the reduction in minutes of ineffective players.  It was obvious back in November, even when we were 9 - 2, that the wings ( specifically Baze and Korver ) were a big problem.  Then we started to lose in blowout fashion.   That forced Bud's hand.

Thabo's defense, with his ability to limit the scoring of marginal and star SGs and SFs, and his rebounding ability, has always been the barometer for this team, not the 3 point shooting.  So it's no coincidence that the Hawks are 11 - 6 when Thabo starts.   And if he's playing well, all the rest of the guys have to do, is play their games and not be horrible.

Even with that great win streak back in 2014 - 15, it was the mid quarter/half play of Thabo that catapulted us to that historic run.   As soon as he got hurt, we instantly went from a Finals contender, to road kill for Cleveland.   Even last year, when the Hawks were back and forth from being mediocre to good, when Thabo finished the game with a positive +/- number, the Hawks were a whopping 28 - 3.  In 2014 - 15, the Hawks were 46 - 4, when Thabo had a positive +/- number.

This team will REALLY take off if Bud makes a concerted effort to play Taurean Prince at least 15 - 20 minutes a game.  To do that though, it means that something would have to happen to Korver and Baze, or both ( trade, injury, etc. ).  Prince is the one guy on this roster who can not only be a very good scorer on the wing, but also a very good defender.  He's also a solid all-around player, which gives him the ability to stuff a box score.   

Bud won't give him a chance to do that though, unless backed completely into a corner, much like how Larry Drew had to turn to Teague, once Kirk Hinrich went down in the 2011 playoffs.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3

hace 42 minutos, Sothron dijo:

Teams rarely trade in conference let alone in division. There's almost no way Orlando would ever trade with us and vice versa.

If we could get Oladipo and Sabonis for Millsap I call that a win. I'm really high on Sabonis, that kid is going to be special if he plays up to his potential.

Oladipo is good but I dont like so much his contract (84M/4) and I doubt he'll be a good fit with Dennis and Baze. IMHO we should trade Bazemore before in order to acquire Oladipo.

Sabonis would be a pretty good singing for Bud system. Maybe Kanter is in the trade block as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

He's actually starting to according to an article I just read.  Consistently scoring in the double digits since moving to the starting lineup.

This! You'll have to excuse @kg01 he's a bit slow on noticing the actual production of the play...he just watches them once, labels them and throws them on the appropriate shelves...kinda like he did with his dolls growing up.

BUDDY HIELD>>>>>>Wes Johnson

43 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud has to take the hit for our record.  It's not a coincidence that the Hawks are playing much better, since the lineup changes and the reduction in minutes of ineffective players.  It was obvious back in November, even when we were 9 - 2, that the wings ( specifically Baze and Korver ) were a big problem.  Then we started to lose in blowout fashion.   That forced Bud's hand.

Thabo's defense, with his ability to limit the scoring of marginal and star SGs and SFs, and his rebounding ability, has always been the barometer for this team, not the 3 point shooting.  So it's no coincidence that the Hawks are 11 - 6 when Thabo starts.   And if he's playing well, all the rest of the guys have to do, is play their games and not be horrible.

Even with that great win streak back in 2014 - 15, it was the mid quarter/half play of Thabo that catapulted us to that historic run.   As soon as he got hurt, we instantly went from a Finals contender, to road kill for Cleveland.   Even last year, when the Hawks were back and forth from being mediocre to good, when Thabo finished the game with a positive +/- number, the Hawks were a whopping 28 - 3.  In 2014 - 15, the Hawks were 46 - 4, when Thabo had a positive +/- number.

This team will REALLY take off if Bud makes a concerted effort to play Taurean Prince at least 15 - 20 minutes a game.  To do that though, it means that something would have to happen to Korver and Baze, or both ( trade, injury, etc. ).  Prince is the one guy on this roster who can not only be a very good scorer on the wing, but also a very good defender.  He's also a solid all-around player, which gives him the ability to stuff a box score.   

Bud won't give him a chance to do that though, unless backed completely into a corner, much like how Larry Drew had to turn to Teague, once Kirk Hinrich went down in the 2011 playoffs.

You had that breakfast again huh?

:-)

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

LOL...Oladipo is Foye???? Holy crack...ok I never thought I'd say this but...kg I think we need to have a little talk son. Now, life can get you down at times but that's no reason to turn to drugs. (As I see u must be on sum). I want you to pick urself up, dust urself off and more than likely throw urself back on the ground....

ps Weren't you happy this wasn't the birds, bees and Hornets talk? That's next week!

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Just passing this along.  My favorite "insider", Frank Isola just said on NBARadio that he's hearing the Hawks are actively shopping Sap, Korver and Thabo.  Not 'interested in moving', 'actively shopping'.

Now, obviously that sounds like a regurgitation of the rumors we already know.  However, I've become convinced that Isola actually does speak to people around the league so I trust him over Windbag or those other BSPN clowns.

Said CLE is the primary suitor for Kial (surprise, surprise) and that MIN, OKC and TOR are the main suitors for Sap.

Not much we didn't know or couldn't surmise on our own but, like I said, I find Isola to be more credible than anyone we've seen this info from previously.

ETA: I should add though that I'm starting to believe this 'trade rumor' stuff was a ploy to get the teams' attention.

THIS AINT THE MEAT MARKET IF TRADING PLAYERS...that's on the trade forum...:-|

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

LOL...Oladipo is Foye???? Holy crack...ok I never thought I'd say this but...kg I think we need to have a little talk son. Now, life can get you down at times but that's no reason to turn to drugs. (As I see u must be on sum). I want you to pick urself up, dust urself off and more than likely throw urself back on the ground....

ps Weren't you happy this wasn't the birds, bees and Hornets talk? That's next week!

LOladipo sucks.  Was just trying to find an equally-sucky player who's slightly older for reference.  Foye fits, just not as athletic as LOladipo.  Victor isn't a starter in the league.  Just ask ORL or OKC or next team, next team, etc.