• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA TV best go to move...Nique

I understand McHale was one of the top power forwards in the game but how the heck does his non entertaining move beat the Nique spin? Then the fans voted Dirk's move over Jordan? I don't know whose voting but they stink. 

How would you fill out the bracket?

IMG_7764.JPG

And Duncan beat Kareem's sky hook????? That is single handedly the best bball move for decades...

Wouldn't it be funny if we had a bracket of squawker vs squawker? I would hope to get matched up with @kg01...lol...and there would be other matchups like GM vs Thomas...Soth vs Macdaddy...Jaybird vs DSFanboy..:-|

and so on and so forth....

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wouldn't it be funny if we had a bracket of squawker vs squawker? I would hope to get matched up with @kg01...lol...and there would be other matchups like GM vs Thomas...Soth vs Macdaddy...Jaybird vs DSFanboy..:-|

and so on and so forth....

Pic is better than any of my possible comments.

CF.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I understand McHale was one of the top power forwards in the game but how the heck does his non entertaining move beat the Nique spin?

It doesn't but the refs let him drag the pivot foot on his up and under/180/360/720/and so on from one side of the paint to the other. Yeah, he wore green and I can't remember it ever being called a travel but it was absolutely ridiculous looking.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

It doesn't but the refs let him drag the pivot foot on his up and unders/180/360/720/and so on from one side of the paint to the other. Yeah, he wore green and I can't remember it ever being called a travel but it was absolutely ridiculous looking..

Yup...every time they talk about McHale, Barkley says he's the best power forward ever or that he's played against. Personally I don't think he was the best and I'd probably put 4 or 5 players ahead of him in the all time power forward discussion. He definitely wouldn't be on my dream team.

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Pic is better than any of my possible comments.

CF.jpeg

LOL...I'm guessing that's kg and I?

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup...every time they talk about McHale, Barkley says he's the best power forward ever or that he's played against. Personally I don't think he was the best and I'd probably put 4 or 5 players ahead of him in the all time power forward discussion. He definitely wouldn't be on my dream team.

LOL...I'm guessing that's kg and I?

No comment on that. Since Barkley was brought up when he was in Philly he and Rodman when in Detroit had the most ridiculous one on one battles. They leaned on each other at extreme angles and pounded each other while the entire arena (players and fans) watched. Truly weird stuff to watch and somewhat fun also. Still was pretty ugly and thought he would mention it.

On the bracket I'd go...

Round 1:

Nique

Kyrie

Kareem

Dream

Gervin

Manu

Smitty

Jordan

Round 2:

Nique

Kareem

Gervin

Jordan

Round 3:

Kareem

Jordan

Finals:

Kareem in a close one over Jordan.

No comment on that. Since Barkley was brought up when he was in Philly he and Rodman when in Detroit had the most ridiculous one on one battles. They leaned on each other at extreme angles and pounded each other while the entire arena watched. Truly weird stuff to watch and somewhat fun also. Still was ugly.

Haha yup those Rodman Barkley matchups were fun with Mahorn and Laimbeer killing each other on the other side lol. I'm kind of surprised the Barkley/K. Malone matchups went as quiet as they did. Bird and Barkley were fun and Bird/Rodman too.

17 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

These are clearly millenniasl voting.  F&@king Embiid pulled a running skyhook from the line last night. That boy cold.

Yes. How would you fill out the bracket Benny?

25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yes. How would you fill out the bracket Benny?

If you sit and ponder they left out a lot of patented moves.  Having caught the tail ends of McHale and Kareem's career, I gotta have a semifinals of Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Mike.  Easy choice to make as they all rode their moves to help win multiple 'ships.

Parker's floater was automatic for 3 or 4 years.  I never cared for dude but that shot was a beast.

Manu rode the Eurostep for a couple years to whispers of arguably (and I stress arguably) being the best 2 guard in league.  Over 35 ppg Kobe.

Both moves were epic, but not close enough. 

So I have a Finals of Duncan and Mike.  

Whenever the Spurs needed a basket the call was so simple: Tim at the elbow with a couple jab steps.  But every blue moon he would think better of shooting the bank over a taller defender when a better option presented itself.  

So Mike wins.  He'd attempt and drain that turnaround over anyone.  It was like a layup.  No one will ever duplicate his percentage on a shot that difficult.  You could barely foul him and he still converted.  For a 200 pounder to be so rugged in the post was crazy.  People like to say Kobe had a comparable turnaround but sheeeeit.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

How does the sky hook not make a final four of go to moves?  Hard to find people who like Duncan more than me but that sky hook was much a much more unstoppable, dangerous and iconic weapon than Timmy's bank shot.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

How does the sky hook not make a final four of go to moves?  Hard to find people who like Duncan more than me but that sky hook was much a much more unstoppable, dangerous and iconic weapon than Timmy's bank shot.  

I almost think the sky hook should have been the NBA logo. But I'm not gonna get into it...lol

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree that the skyhook was unstoppable.  LOL @ losing to the Duncan bank shot.  They shouldn't let the kids vote on these lists, if it includes players old enough to be their grandaddy.

Here's one though.  How does Rondo's fake or Ginobli's Euro make the list, but this doesn't?

Agreed...To me, and this is coming from a Warrior hater, watching his entire career with the Dubs ...arguably...the best crossover in history...now I know Iverson shoot Jordan as a rookie at the top of the key which was sick as hell but I saw Timmy do that every night and not get recognition for it. He did one in Utah in 91 or so on Stockton ...YIKES!!! 

Akso i agree on not letting kids vote...either that or matchup modern player vs modern and oldie vs oldie...then modern vs oldie in finals.

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I almost think the sky hook should have been the NBA logo. But I'm not gonna get into it...lol

Pure roundball form and legacy with that silhouette of Kareem's skyhook. Hey he even had an awkward but effective up and under. Who would expect that, right? Everything efficient. 

Pure roundball form and legacy with that silhouette of Kareem's skyhook. Hey he even had an awkward but effective up and under. Who would expect that, right? Everything efficient. 

So great Magic adopted it in his repertoire.

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

...arguably...the best crossover in history

People talked a lot about Tim at El Paso routinely crossing over and embarrassing folks when hitting the draft. Played for the legend Don Haskins pretty sure. 

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree that the skyhook was unstoppable.  LOL @ losing to the Duncan bank shot.  They shouldn't let the kids vote on these lists, if it includes players old enough to be their grandaddy.

Here's one though.  How does Rondo's fake or Ginobli's Euro make the list, but this doesn't?

Oh I just saw the Stockton one at with :20 remaining on it...that's my fav