• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kyle Korver appreciation thread

NBASupes

I remembered when we acquired Kyle from  the  Joe Johnson trade. For the 'nothing' we got in that trade he sure was something.  He wasn't supposed to resign with us, he would go ring chasing.  Danny and Bud sold him on the vision and style of play and he stuck around for 4 glorious years where his 3's had Phillips rocking and coming to their feet  whenever he lined one up.

God speed Threeezus...Go get that ring...then head back to Atlanta.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't think there's any real difference between now and the deadline to affect any possible trade targets and choices. We will have to agree to disagree. I think flipping Millsap now, if that's what we do, lets BudCox get the best deals now as opposed to waiting when half the teams in the league might be ready to flip players. Some teams are going to get left with pennies on the dollar. BudCox, if they flip Millsap, will be ahead of the curve and get the best possible trade bait before the market is run dry by other teams.

Wow.  We really have different views on this if you think all teams are equally ready to go all in now as they will be in mid-February.  I think your view is right that more teams will be willing to deal that is because their view of their chances will have changed and they will be ready to give up.  Other teams will have also changed their view and be more desperate to go all-in.  In terms of people flooding the market, there are not a lot of players that are as good as Sap that teams will consider dealing so I don't think floating Solomon Jones is going to reduce the Hawks to getting pennies on the dollar for an All-Star unless they deal him before a team gets desperate in which case that team will be looking to take the Hawks to cleaners.  

We should shop Sap if we intend to deal him but only pull the trigger as early as now if we get a true premium deal.  We should not just take the best offer out there right now (nobody else offered better in early January!) and assume nothing better will be offered as a group of teams get more desperate to acquire an impact player.

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1