• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr on the block?

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Milsap isn't coming back.  He's done with this franchise especially after the Korver trade.  He cashed in with his last contract.  My guess is he takes on a discounted deal on a tea where he can actually compete for a ring.  Not as cheap as David West, but along those lines.  

No way  in hell is Millsap  taking a heavily discounted deal, Not with all this money being throw around. This is his last  deal.  He'll  be  looking for big money.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am starting to doubt that Hardaway Jr is available for a 2nd rounder. This might be what teams want to pay for him

Understatement of the year. 2nd rounder huh? Ohhhhh okkkaaayyy..

33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Understatement of the year. 2nd rounder huh? Ohhhhh okkkaaayyy..

Wait wait wait! I thought it was TWO 2nd rounders... Pretty sweet deal there, eh?? Amiright? Sign. Me. Up!

naw, jk. Timmy is raising his value, that's for sure. He's on a nice streak, I just hope it keeps up. He has been pretty streaky in the past - not this good, but in the back of my mind I do worry about regression to the mean and all of the other mumbo jumbo @AHF throws around when he's ripping on Timmy. But he's been great lately, just keep it up!

• Like 4

The last week is a great example as to why he should stay here. Know that money is going to be a big factor but trading him away for twos seems foolish with the way he's finally fitting in and hitting.

• Like 2

Makes me more and more disgusted with the fact that we paid Bazedecline all that damn money. Not that I think Jr is a building block but he's going to be a lot more likely to be worth his next contract than Baze appears he will ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Makes me more and more disgusted with the fact that we paid Bazedecline all that damn money. Not that I think Jr is a building block but he's going to be a lot more likely to be worth his next contract than Baze appears he will ever be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think the convenient move of trading away Baze so as to sign Tim here is likely. Would take an incredible sales job by us. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Don't think the convenient move of trading away Baze so as to sign Tim here is likely. Would take an incredible sales job by us. 

Not to the fans.  To the team taking Baze.  I'm on board with betting on THJr's next contract over Baze's current one.  Timmy's contract is going to be a tough decision but I said last year we shouldn't resign Baze for close to what he got and that only rings more true today.  With THJr I expect it to be more debatable using arguments other than "of course it is reasonable, other kids are jumping off the bridge too!"

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't feel like creating a new thread (this is not trade related) ...this is about his FAcy.

Tim Hardaway Jr. is primed for a big raise after this season.

But will it come from the Atlanta Hawks or another team?

Hardaway Jr., the former Michigan standout and son of Detroit Pistons assistant Tim Hardaway, has gone from spending time in the NBA D-League last year to becoming a major contributor for the Hawks.

Hardaway Jr. is averaging a career-high 12 points per game in his fourth pro season after scoring 10 off the bench in Atlanta's 118-95 loss to the Pistons on Wednesday. He has played 40 games, including six starts, for the Southeast Division-leading Hawks (24-18).

But despite his production, Atlanta declined to extend Hardaway Jr.'s rookie contract,(can't agree with this: Hardaway did not have this production when the extension was being negotiated, JBH) making the 6-foot-6 shooting guard a restricted free agent after the season. The Hawks can match offers from other teams, trade him or let him go.

"Everybody wants a big payday, but you have to earn it," Hardaway Jr. said Wednesday. "You have to show you're worthy of it."

After playing three years at Michigan, Hardaway Jr. declared for the 2013 NBA draft and was New York's first-round selection (24th overall). He was traded to Atlanta after two years with the Knicks.

"The front office in New York my second year wasn't the front office that drafted me," Hardaway Jr. said. "They basically traded or got rid of almost everybody from that team. I'm happy to be part of the Hawks now."

But for how much longer? Hardaway Jr. expressed a desire to stay in Atlanta but doesn't plan to let his contract situation become a distraction.

"My agent takes care of that," he said. "Honestly, Atlanta has built me into a better basketball player, and I'm a lot more mature."

Hardaway Sr., a five-time NBA All-Star who became a Pistons assistant three years ago, believes that his son got a wake-up call after going to the D-League twice last season.

"That helped tremendously in his development," said Hardaway, who's on this year's Basketball Hall of Fame ballot. "Sometimes, you have to go to the bottom to make your game better. It was hard for him, of course, but it was a blessing in disguise. He came back a better player."

Hardaway Jr. is unlikely to make another D-League trip. He's averaging nearly 23 minutes per game and shooting a career-best 45% from the field.

"His confidence is growing," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "The entire time he's been with us, he's committed to working with our coaches. You just see the fruits of all his labor. He was in the gym (last summer) as much -- or more -- than anybody."

Hardaway Jr. hopes to become a full-time starter, although he's embracing his current role.

"They trust me in that aspect, starting or coming off the bench," he said. "You have to make the right decisions and be on the court during crunch time and when it matters most."

For the elder Hardaway, his perfect scenario played out Wednesday night. His son performed well, but the Pistons got an important victory.

"I tell him good luck (before the game), but I'm happy with both situations," Hardaway said, cracking a smile. "If he does good and we win, I'm happy both times. If he does good and they win, I'm still happy because of him. Either way, I win."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/19/tim-hardaway-jr-atlanta-hawks/96766776/

On 1/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

"Everybody wants a big payday, but you have to earn it," Hardaway Jr. said Wednesday. "You have to show you're worthy of it."

Wonder what Baze thinks of that comment. About the same as Bud probably.