• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What do you guys think about this move

terrellgroup

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-trade-rumors-denver-nuggets-shopping-nurkic-faried-and-gallinari-010717

ok check this out, Milsap for Galinari and Chandler.

If we can make that move, we are back in the thick of things.  Maybe a solid 3 or possibly take the raptors spot at 2.

The dollars match up well.

Dennis/Thj or Bazemore/ Chandler/Gallinari/Howard

thats a nice squad.

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I almost wish we didn't have Dwight simply because Nurkic is getting screwed in Denver and he's a quality big man that is a starting center practically anywhere else in the NBA.

He's good but I don't think he would be starting on most NBA teams...I'd say prolly a bunch of teams though. 

I'd pass. If we're trading Millsap you either want young player to develop and picks. Or at least a player who is better than Paul.

Both Gallo and Chandler are injury prone.  Gallo also has a player option for next season just like Millsap. Chandler has kone year left then a player option. So it's basically Sap for 1 year gauranteed of Chandler.

This screams lateral move and more than likely worse in the long run.

Its reported we want a pick. And unlike the Korver deal, an unprotected pick for Sap. The eight seed in the west is pretty much up for grabs. Any of those team in contention for the eight seed probably become the favorites if they get Sap. Its a big risk though, if they don't get in the playoffs, we get a lottery pick.

I think a Sap trade is 50/50 right now and the pundits are having a field day with all their speculation!

• Like 3

Look guys , help me understand LOGIC,

if we are going to rebuild then,,, freaking rebuild, then trade away .  Put Howard up on the block.

If we are trying to make some moves to get better then , this is a great move.

Sap is GONE! If not now then at the end of the season. He has made that clear to me.

I appreciate you Hawks fans, I do. Some of you'll treat the Hawks like that's your significant other, like you married to the players.  Please learn to let go! At the end of the day it is a business that provides entertainment.

Basically, go for it! make some moves and see what happens. OR trade your major Assets.

While I really like Gallinari, I feel that this leaves the Hawks weak at PF instead of SF.  Worth a shot if we can somehow bring in a quality PF.  Probably something like a stretch-4 who can hit the mid-range but still play around the basket.... so... Like Millsap.

• Premium Member

I don't think Sap gets moved unless we are overwhelmed which isn't gonna happen.   Other teams see this a fire sale with his free agency upcoming and are not gonna give up a lot to get him.  

Sap wants to be in Atlanta and he will work a deal with the Hawks to stay here IMO.  

One scenario that could happen would be Bud wanting a stretch 4.  If Bud could get a shooter at the 4 he might pull the trigger.  

• Like 2

This isn't a firesale though.  It's a retooling on the fly.  Kyle was no longer impacting winning.  If Sap is traded, it'll be for a 1st plus a piece that allows us to stay competitive. 

His contract status and age dictate that this is the most prudent course of action.  Kyle being traded was a totally separate thing.  Eggsperts are trying to combine the two and surmise we're blowing it up.  As usual w.r.t. anything Hawks - related, they are wrong.

The THJr-for-2 2nds rumor was just plain dumb.  That's a pkg you get when you trade a malcontent. Jr is becoming a success story here.  Bad reporting IMEO.

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Jokic please

That's the 1 DEN wants to keep.

45 minutes ago, terrellgroup said:

if we are going to rebuild then,,, freaking rebuild, then trade away .  Put Howard up on the block.

Sap is GONE! If not now then at the end of the season. He has made that clear to me.

I appreciate you Hawks fans, I do. Some of you'll treat the Hawks like that's your significant other, like you married to the players.  Please learn to let go! At the end of the day it is a business that provides entertainment.

Basically, go for it! make some moves and see what happens. OR trade your major Assets.

That's just it, us fans have no idea what the Hawks brass intention is.  All we know is that they've traded the  oldest player, soon to be free agent on the team that was struggling defensively and wasn't having the same impact offensively to give the young players behind him more court time.

The individual numbers for the young players may be lower than Korver's, but from a team standpoint what they provide makes the team better.

This is not a firesale free for all. Of trades are being made, you Trade for what you need, not for what you can get just to say you got something.

1 hour ago, terrellgroup said:

We are going to rebuild. It's about getting value. Getting more role players and trading the one star that we do have is pretty senseless. 

• Like 1

Denver is not trading Jokic for an expiring, no team would do that.

we are not trading for Chandler and Gallinari, that would make us one of the worst defensive teams.

a more realistic scenario would be Harris and Nurkic, I could see the Hawks doing that, not sure about Denver but at least is a fair trade

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are going to rebuild. It's about getting value. Getting more role players and trading the one star that we do have is pretty senseless. 

If we are going to rebuild why even resign Kent Bazemore and sign Howard. We shouldve made this decision last off season 

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The THJr-for-2 2nds rumor was just plain dumb.  That's a pkg you get when you trade a malcontent. Jr is becoming a success story here.

Has been one of the very best offensive weeks for any of our perimeter guys by Tim. A big part of rating it so high to my eyes is because the Spurs good defense was involved in it and he lit them up. This is the defensive rating of the Spurs below so our win was indeed a big deal with Tim having plenty of highlights.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/defensive-efficiency 

• Like 1

All the rebuilding talk is still just tea leaves and speculation until something actually happens. We have a chance for a good playoff run with what we have right now so thinking Bud's going to have to be really, really impressed with an offer. 

• Like 2