• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here we go (UPDATE: There we went)

terrellgroup

24 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

So there is no reason.  I don't want JR Smith signing with me.  I want Tim Duncan or Steve Nash players that will appreciate a well run organization that prioritizes winning.

Heh, that's cute.  Most players are more Earl than Timmay/Nash.

Caveat being Earl's probably not as bad as most think.

2 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Yea Korver definitely type of that player, but he's not that consistent as he used to be after that injury and surgery

Who would you rather have though? It's almost an absurd joke.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2011/kyle-korver

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/1708/mike-dunleavy

40 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

So there is no reason.  I don't want JR Smith signing with me.  I want Tim Duncan or Steve Nash players that will appreciate a well run organization that prioritizes winning.

You want a Tim Duncan type player and Tim Duncan want a team that does what it takes to build a franchise. 

His guys are alpha men , their goal is to win a ring not just compete.

that is why Horford left, he felt that the celtics and an organization that will do what it takes to win.

Regardless of how I like Horford game.  Horford is a class act, and appears to be a very good guy.

Horford is the model player that I would like on my team, personality wise that is.  Even he Left.

the Hawks have to go all out to win, and we should except anything less. I am past simply being competitive.

You want a Tim Duncan type player and Tim Duncan want a team that does what it takes to build a franchise. 

that is why Horford left, he felt that the celtics and an organization that will do what it takes to win.

Regardless of how I like Horford game.  Horford is a class act, and appears to be a very good guy.

Horford is the model player that I would like on my team, personality wise that is.  Even he Left.

the Hawks have to go all out to win, and we should except anything less. I am past simply being competitive.

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Definitely Kyle, but the trade finally gave Prince a chance to get minutes and hawks got a 1st round draft pick 2019. Win/win like sothron said 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, terrellgroup said:

Twitchy finger man!!!! 3 times?? Lol

With the buyout crap coming from Dun(hurry-up-and)leavy, if I was Bud I'd park his washed up a$$ at the end of the bench for nightly doses of DNP-CDs ala Hinrich/Kelly, buying time until I could toss his $5mil expiring in a trade deal:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, gsuteke said:

I've never understood why you would buy a player out.  His contract is only partially guaranteed next year so it's essentially a trade asset for Atlanta to package to a team looking to get off a players long term deal.  I wouldn't do it if I'm the Hawks management.  Let him sit at home if he doesn't want to play and collect checks but hold onto his contract for a trade asset.

Certainly not before the trade deadline. Does that ever happen? Maybe I'm just having a brain cramp.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

"Official" in what sense, @Sothron?

It's clearly already been league approved b/c the teams both finally announced it on their websites.

But regardless, the physical is just to protect, in this case, the Hawks. If they're of the opinion they want to make the trade and accept an injured player, that's their own discretion... or am I missing something?

• Premium Member

New thought.

"Hello? Cavs GM? Yeah, he's not budging. So here's what we're willing to do instead. We'll accept Richard Jefferson at his $2.5m salary instead, but if so, we need to modify the draft pick since we're going to be on the hook for two years instead of one year for the player. So, we just need to tweak that 2019 protection so that it's yours 1-10 and also yours 21-30, assigning it to us that year only if it's 11-20. We're fine with the rest of it, but that's how we're prepared to do this. All good?"